Hendrick: Changes not Earnhardt driven

Hendrick: Changes not Earnhardt driven

There are 97 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 25, 2010, titled Hendrick: Changes not Earnhardt driven. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

The ongoing struggles of Dale Earnhardt Jr. were not the sole reason for the sweeping changes made at Hendrick Motorsports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lisaaa

Livonia, MI

#81 Dec 6, 2010
You get over it wrote:
Lisaaa blows
Sounds like someone is getting upset. By the way, in one of your posts, you spelled obsession wrong.
Lisaaa

Livonia, MI

#82 Dec 6, 2010
Oops, my apologies. That last part was for someone else.
Jim

Hooksett, NH

#83 Dec 7, 2010
NCAG wrote:
<quoted text> Jim, whats wrong man, what is your obcession with Jr? All you do is crack on Jr. and his fans. How can one hate so much over something as this? Dude, slow the motor down, we all get how much you hate Jr and his fans. You have made that clear to all. Most of us just wanna talk about racin and the topic before us, but like someone said in another forum, why does every topic turn into a Jr bashing session? For real man, slow the motor down, when you post we will all know without you sayin anything, that you hate Jr and his fans. We will all keep that in mind as we try to talk about other things besides Jrs bad season and how his fans are hypocrites and stuff. Knock it off man, we want to have rational conversations, please!! there is a terms of use thang you know, first thing is, be polite!!!!!1
Thanks for proving my point NCAG aka SWard (not sure why you changed you id or who you think you're fooling).

Your post is filled with double standards, here are just a few of them; obsession, hate, rational conversation, be polite.

You should live by the words you speak before pointing fingers.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#84 Dec 7, 2010
Cheer up Jim, the new season is just around the corner, and with all things equal, jr will again prove his worth as a driver. But, you never know when NASCAR will jump in and provide jr with a win as they have done in the past, most recently the Nationwide race in July at Daytona. Oh, I forgot, that race was not staged!!!! LOL!!
Lisaaa

Livonia, MI

#85 Dec 7, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point NCAG aka SWard (not sure why you changed you id or who you think you're fooling).
Your post is filled with double standards, here are just a few of them; obsession, hate, rational conversation, be polite.
You should live by the words you speak before pointing fingers.
Amen!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#86 Dec 12, 2010
SWard wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me Mister Fake Wrestling Watcher, but Mr Hendrick is as an honorable man. He does not make a practice of lying. He is not known for being deceptive in any way and is respected by many many folks that know him. Calling a man such as Mr. Hendrick a lyer is just silly..........like the circus of WWE.
Actually, no, Rick Hendrick is a convicted felon who was to go to jail and then all of a sudden was stricken by an illness that kept him out of jail. Once this was settled Rick Hendrick felt so much better that he was able to, once again, attend races.

Rick actually should keep up to date maps in all of his planes.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#87 Jan 7, 2011
BuddyBaker on Sirius Radio said it best: JJ was the only Hendrick driver to win a race; the changes were made to shake all the teams up and hopefully 2 out of 3 will hit on something.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#88 Jan 7, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
BuddyBaker on Sirius Radio said it best: JJ was the only Hendrick driver to win a race; the changes were made to shake all the teams up and hopefully 2 out of 3 will hit on something.
Glad that Hendrick didn't mess with Jimmie's car/crew. No need to mess with success.

I'm wish he hadn't butchered Jeff's car/team as he did. Jeff had some good runs this year, just didn't have the "luck" to pull of the win at the last minute. But, Jeff has recovered from car and crew chief changes before, and even after Jarratt stole most all Jeff's "Rainbow Warriors" crew.

I'm not so sure the changes will do much to help Dale Jr as I believe HE is his problem, moreso than the team or the car...but time will tell. I think we may see a repeat of the 2008 season, when Dale does well early in the season, but then gets tired of "working" at it and gives up before he gets the job done.

Since: Nov 09

Salt Lake City, UT

#89 Jan 7, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
I have high hopes for all 3, myself. I think the new driver/CC alignments make perfect sense, and in hindsight should have been made 2 years ago. That is, except for the fact that Tony Eury Jr would have been MM's CC...

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#90 Jan 8, 2011
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
<quoted text>I have high hopes for all 3, myself. I think the new driver/CC alignments make perfect sense, and in hindsight should have been made 2 years ago. That is, except for the fact that Tony Eury Jr would have been MM's CC...
Hendrick 1,2,3 in '09, though. They had everything right then, so it made sense to only work on the 1 team that wasn't winning. In '10, 24 was off slightly, 5 was way off from previous achievements. Now its like, mathematically, they had 2 out of 3 once before, then just 1 out of 3 (24)...
All I know is its a lot to talk about on raceday and Im looking forward to seeing how it works out!=)

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#91 Jan 8, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad that Hendrick didn't mess with Jimmie's car/crew. No need to mess with success.
I'm wish he hadn't butchered Jeff's car/team as he did. Jeff had some good runs this year, just didn't have the "luck" to pull of the win at the last minute. But, Jeff has recovered from car and crew chief changes before, and even after Jarratt stole most all Jeff's "Rainbow Warriors" crew.
I'm not so sure the changes will do much to help Dale Jr as I believe HE is his problem, moreso than the team or the car...but time will tell. I think we may see a repeat of the 2008 season, when Dale does well early in the season, but then gets tired of "working" at it and gives up before he gets the job done.
I agree, but I think its kinda hard to say without knowing all the driver style/setups they work with. If 1 driver likes a certain setup and the crew chief that made those sets work well gets traded to someone else... I don't see how that would be good. They'd never be top 5 with a CC that isn't as familiar with enhancing something thats already top 10. Seems like a fast top 10 car would finish with a worn down top 10 car in 15-20. Sounds familiar, right? lol
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#92 Jan 8, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Hendrick 1,2,3 in '09, though. They had everything right then, so it made sense to only work on the 1 team that wasn't winning. In '10, 24 was off slightly, 5 was way off from previous achievements. Now its like, mathematically, they had 2 out of 3 once before, then just 1 out of 3 (24)...
All I know is its a lot to talk about on raceday and Im looking forward to seeing how it works out!=)
In all honesty I do not see the Hendrick organization getting better this year, as a group. We all know that the last five years Jimmie and Chad have been the class of NASCAR, most especially in the final ten races. I believe that Jeff Gordon has become a "MAN" who has other interest than just racing and last year Jeff sort of became the driver who could be moved instead of the driver who would move somebody to win. Mark is Mark, always a class driver and ALWAYS respected by his peers, however, somewhat devoid of that little needed Killer Instinct needed to be able to win a championship. I see Mark as a little too willing to allow somebody to pass him and a little too unwilling to force a pass. Joonyer is Joonyer and that has become apparent to even his most faithful fans. He is capable of a win, here and there, but on a consistant basis, not a top ten driver and slipping a little every year. In my opinion the real need for Hendrick is a new blood influx and I do not mean Kasey, I mean an up and coming, fire breathing rookie who will reignite the fire in the rest of the teams. The bad thing is who would you get rid of. The five time consecutive champion, I don't think so. The driver who made your organization and who aspires ownership, I don't think so. That leaves the decision would be between the most respected driver in NASCAR and the T=Shirt selling machine, who would you pick?

Since: Nov 09

Salt Lake City, UT

#93 Jan 8, 2011
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty I do not see the Hendrick organization getting better this year, as a group. We all know that the last five years Jimmie and Chad have been the class of NASCAR, most especially in the final ten races. I believe that Jeff Gordon has become a "MAN" who has other interest than just racing and last year Jeff sort of became the driver who could be moved instead of the driver who would move somebody to win. Mark is Mark, always a class driver and ALWAYS respected by his peers, however, somewhat devoid of that little needed Killer Instinct needed to be able to win a championship. I see Mark as a little too willing to allow somebody to pass him and a little too unwilling to force a pass. Joonyer is Joonyer and that has become apparent to even his most faithful fans. He is capable of a win, here and there, but on a consistant basis, not a top ten driver and slipping a little every year. In my opinion the real need for Hendrick is a new blood influx and I do not mean Kasey, I mean an up and coming, fire breathing rookie who will reignite the fire in the rest of the teams. The bad thing is who would you get rid of. The five time consecutive champion, I don't think so. The driver who made your organization and who aspires ownership, I don't think so. That leaves the decision would be between the most respected driver in NASCAR and the T=Shirt selling machine, who would you pick?
Mark's contract expires at the end of this season, but Kahne's already under contract for 2012. I can't see Hendrick hiring any new blood if it means he has to punt his cash cow to the curb, regardless of how poorly he does in 2011.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#94 Jan 8, 2011
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
<quoted text>Mark's contract expires at the end of this season, but Kahne's already under contract for 2012. I can't see Hendrick hiring any new blood if it means he has to punt his cash cow to the curb, regardless of how poorly he does in 2011.
On the other hand, each season that comes and goes sees the fan base of that "cash cow" slipping farther and farther, maybe it will soon become apparent that it's time to put him out to pasture? Rick could do much better putting a new thoroughbred race horse in the Hendrick barn.

“YA dont know ..........do ya??”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#95 Jan 30, 2011
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about "lack of brain function" this from someone who doesn't know how to spell K-Y-L-E and can't figure out that Kyle is a man, not a girl.
I have been to NASCAR races, live and in person, including Daytona in February. I don't bother to pay for the trip, I win them.
And just so you know, it doesn't ruffle my feathers when you run down Kyle, I'm not a big fan of his, just someone who recognizes raw talent when I see it. Just as I can see that Dale JR doesn't have any of that raw talent or determination and his standings prove it.
Here is Barnabus using a different screen name and stating he wins his tikets!!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#96 Jan 30, 2011
ohsnap11 wrote:
<quoted text>Here is Barnabus using a different screen name and stating he wins his tikets!!
What is a tiket???

“YA dont know ..........do ya??”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#97 Jan 30, 2011
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a tiket???
Is that all you got? So I left the c out, your so observant. Took me out at the knees with that one!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendrick Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) Feb 7 Fart news 24
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... Nov '15 Fart news 12
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Fart news 16
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkerTrain24 1
News Unrelated celebrity twins (Jan '15) Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
More from around the web