NASCAR: Chad Knaus surprised by sanctions

There are 6 comments on the AutoWeek story from Mar 2, 2012, titled NASCAR: Chad Knaus surprised by sanctions. In it, AutoWeek reports that:

The crew chief for five-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson says the car that failed inspection at Daytona had passed with the same configuration more than once before.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AutoWeek.

Barr

Temperance, MI

#1 Mar 2, 2012
you don't get it chaddie. Yeah it might have fooled them before and you thought you were home free. shit catches up with you. How many times now have you been caught and suspended. 4. I think they are on to you. Next time you might be out.
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 2, 2012
Barr wrote:
you don't get it chaddie. Yeah it might have fooled them before and you thought you were home free. shit catches up with you. How many times now have you been caught and suspended. 4. I think they are on to you. Next time you might be out.
That would make him five time too.
duh

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 2, 2012
I do believe the comment over the radio to JJ , about make sure you wreck the rear end before inspections did him in. Nascar & other teams are tired of him.!!!!!!!!!
Barr

Temperance, MI

#4 Mar 2, 2012
duh, I don't think that helped his cause.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#5 Mar 13, 2012
Not sure why he is surprised...He was told not to alter this part of the car the last time he was suspended. Wake up call .....HELLO no brain no pain I guess. They need to get some integrity back in this sport...they need to give back what they got for all the races these cars were used in ...including the championships they ought to be ashamed of themselves. and the championships should go to whomever was second that year. Jimmie and Chad can hand out the trophies out to the real winners on TV at this years banquet.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

#6 Mar 14, 2012
Another example of NASCAR's selective inspection process. Scrap that POS COT and let the teams run an damn car they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendrick Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... Feb '15 MrTinkerTrain24 1
News Unrelated celebrity twins Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
News Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism (Aug '14) Aug '14 Manic 2 38
News Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
More from around the web