Empty Seats: NASCAR Fans Tired of Needless Changes

Oct 29, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Pilot

I watched a great race at Martinsville Raceway. Lots of lead changes. Great racing throughout the field.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of71
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

you would think NASCAR would wise up and listen to the fans, but it seems they don't care
Tammie

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

This fan never missed a moment of the NASCAR races, started waiting for the next race as soon as the checkered flag waved. But, when it got to be all about Dale Earnhardt Jr and nobody else on the track seemed to matter, I quickly lost interest. It got to where hearing his name made my stomach turn and there was no way to watch the race without having him crammed down your throat until you gagged. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the guy was worthy of some of the praise and attention, but he isn't. While they focus on Dale Jr, so many other drivers with real talent are making history and it goes unnoticed.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

Hell I thought it was Jimmie Johnson that killed NASCAR.

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Nascar has to get back to its' roots where upstart race teams have a half a chance to qualify up front for the nation wide series or the sprint series not just the teams with five or six cars that are ready to go at any given time.
hfv688

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Nascar needs to down size for a few years until they can put back the great product they used to have.No more sprint cup drivers in the nationwide series no other sport sends their top players to the minors,cancel truck series dont need it,cut loose weak teams let the strong ones have more teams who cares as long as the final product is the best.It would be a lot better to watch a strong teams than the go or go home teams....

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

What's the different between the winnings? If that was adjusted, those running midpack could still pull a nice chunk of change, while a top 5 team that wins consistently wouldn't have such a financial advantage. That seems like it would help the struggling teams and those who are already top 5-ing dont surely don't need a winning team AND more money lol
My Michelle88

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Can not wait to fill a seat in the Spring at Talladega, then in the summere at the inagural race in Kentucky.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

My Michelle88 wrote:
Can not wait to fill a seat in the Spring at Talladega, then in the summere at the inagural race in Kentucky.
Your welcome to my seat's. I have cancelled all
my tickets 15 races each year.I am enjoying my money doing other things...I just got fed up with nascar and the wishy-washy rules.
95 Thunderbird

Strathroy, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

Would you be dumping your seats if Nascar made it so little E won the plate races like he once did?

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Your welcome to my seat's. I have cancelled all
my tickets 15 races each year.I am enjoying my money doing other things...I just got fed up with nascar and the wishy-washy rules.
I hope you still watch the races and enjoy them. Hate to see ex-fans trolling around spreading propaganda about the death of NASCAR. lol
My Michelle88

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

Snow wrote:
Thank you, sorry you feel that way, as long as racin lives I will remain a fan!!
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Snow wrote:
I totally agree. we sold some tickets & gave us away. have not attended a race this year and will not buy any for next year. finshed for now.
Jim

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Snow wrote:
<quoted text>I just got fed up with nascar and the wishy-washy rules.
What rules are you refering to?
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

95 Thunderbird wrote:
Would you be dumping your seats if Nascar made it so little E won the plate races like he once did?
Yes/ Yes/ Yes/ I would have dumped them if he was winning or not.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
What rules are you refering to?
I was at Dega for the race
and during the drivers meeting the drivers were told they could not Bump Draft durng the race. When the race started they drove around the track like you would drive on the interstate. I left the track and have never gave nascar another dime of my money.
The rules are so wishy washy changing even after the fans are in their seats. I am enjoying drag racing more each year..
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

My Michelle88 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, sorry you feel that way, as long as racin lives I will remain a fan!!
I will be a fan but not giving up any money for tickets anymore.
If I can't see it on the tube I guess I will just miss what's happening.
Jim

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Snow wrote:
<quoted text>I was at Dega for the race
and during the drivers meeting the drivers were told they could not Bump Draft durng the race. When the race started they drove around the track like you would drive on the interstate. I left the track and have never gave nascar another dime of my money.
The rules are so wishy washy changing even after the fans are in their seats. I am enjoying drag racing more each year..
So am I to assume you think that bump drafting make for a more exciting race?

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Snow wrote:
<quoted text>I left the track and have never gave nascar another dime of my money.
Do u still watch on TV?
NASCAR Guy

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

If Earnhardt Jr had won 4 titles and was in a position to win his 5th, the seats would be full. However, Jr lacks talent, focus, etc. and won't ever be a factor. So, NASCAR is being dominated by West Coast drivers which turns off the old Southern boys/rednecks and has a big negative impact on attendance. Who from down south wants to watch the West Coast boys dominate and Jr crash or finish 23rd?
You get over it

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

NASCAR Guy wrote:
If Earnhardt Jr had won 4 titles and was in a position to win his 5th, the seats would be full. However, Jr lacks talent, focus, etc. and won't ever be a factor. So, NASCAR is being dominated by West Coast drivers which turns off the old Southern boys/rednecks and has a big negative impact on attendance. Who from down south wants to watch the West Coast boys dominate and Jr crash or finish 23rd?
I ain't got a problem with the "west coast boys" or anybody else winning the races and collecting the championships, as long as they race to win fair and square. It would be nice if the winners got some media attention and the cheers that they deserve, but the press is so busy hyping Jr-the-non-achiever that those who should be in the spotlight are left in the dark.

You're right, nobody wants to see Jr crash or finish 23rd and nobody wants to keep being told how great Jr is when week after week we see him crashing or finishing 23rd. If he was as great as the press would have us believe, they wouldn't have to keep telling us, it should show in the way Jr performs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of71
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••