Slowing economy puts brakes on NASCAR

Slowing economy puts brakes on NASCAR

There are 9 comments on the USA Today story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Slowing economy puts brakes on NASCAR. In it, USA Today reports that:

What: Ford 400, 36th of 36 races for NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series. Where: Homestead-Miami Speedway, 1.5-mile oval in Homestead, Fla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Missy

Englewood, CO

#1 Nov 13, 2008
I hope Jimmie will win the last race of the year. I be there at Homestead this week for the race.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2008
Missy wrote:
I hope Jimmie will win the last race of the year. I be there at Homestead this week for the race.
I hope that Jimmie does not get the pole, and so gets into traffic on pit road and suffers damage that they can't easily fix and he finishes 39th and Carl wins the championship!!!!!!

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2008
NOTE TO JACK ROUSCH!!!! GET THE DAGGONE FIRST PIT STALL!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet

Cornelius, NC

#4 Nov 14, 2008
I hope ANYBODY other than Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards or Kyle Busch win the last race, except for Kurt Busch. Of course, I REALLY want TONY to win, but I'd be OKAY with Martin Truex Jr., Jamie McMurray, Kasey Kahne, and, of course Dale Jr...or MAYBE I would like to see JJ blow an engine on Lap 1, then Carl win the race, except I don't care for Carl either...Oh, who gives a crap!
:p

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#5 Nov 14, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that Jimmie does not get the pole, and so gets into traffic on pit road and suffers damage that they can't easily fix and he finishes 39th and Carl wins the championship!!!!!!
soooooooooooooo jealous of hms.
roflmao.
go jimmy you the 08 3-time champ.

“Go Tony!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Bear, De

#6 Nov 14, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that Jimmie does not get the pole, and so gets into traffic on pit road and suffers damage that they can't easily fix and he finishes 39th and Carl wins the championship!!!!!!
OoHHH NOOOO. Anyone but Carl, please. Would love to see Smoke win his last race in the 20. Jimmy for Champion!

Since: Nov 08

Jasper, AL

#7 Nov 14, 2008
I wish Jimmie would have a DNF and Carl would win the Championship!!!! That would be classsic

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 Nov 14, 2008
I don't really want Jimmie or Carl to win...but I guess I am just SOL.
luvtonyseyes

Barre, VT

#9 Nov 14, 2008
DonnaLuvs14_39 wrote:
<quoted text>OoHHH NOOOO. Anyone but Carl, please. Would love to see Smoke win his last race in the 20. Jimmy for Champion!
That would be so sweet if they could end their 10 year run with a win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Biffle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Greg Biffle team gets angry, promises retaliati... (Apr '16) Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 3
News NASCAR explains cautions, green finish (Mar '15) Mar '15 mike tirico 10
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News Can Richard Petty Motorsports be relevant again... (Jan '14) Jan '14 chuck 2
News Biffle sorry for not talking to Johnson in private (Oct '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 7
More from around the web