Martin wins Sprint Cup race at Michigan

There are 51 comments on the www.volunteertv.com story from Jun 14, 2009, titled Martin wins Sprint Cup race at Michigan. In it, www.volunteertv.com reports that:

Mark Martin has won the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway, conserving just enough fuel to get to the finish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.volunteertv.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Act II

AOL

#1 Jun 14, 2009
FIFTH WIN IN MICHIGAN for MARK MARTIN

He's awesome!!!
Robert

United States

#2 Jun 14, 2009
He won 3 of the 46 Michigan races he was in that's SUPERCALIFRAGILIOUS! Better then any of driver there!
Robert

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2009
5th cup win? I didn't know that. What years?
Poll Addict

Spokane, WA

#4 Jun 14, 2009
Robert wrote:
5th cup win? I didn't know that. What years?
Mark won in August 90, August 93, August 97, June 98 and now June 09!
I am so thrilled for him.
Clay

AOL

#5 Jun 14, 2009
He only won two 400 miles michigan races.
Awesome bill won in 4
david pearson 4
Clay

AOL

#6 Jun 14, 2009
There might be two Michigan races though.

“Martin returns full time”

Since: Jan 09

Texas City, TX

#7 Jun 14, 2009
There are two Michigan races Poll Addict is right. They're named two different things. One is 3m performance and one is lifelock.

“Martin returns full time”

Since: Jan 09

Texas City, TX

#8 Jun 14, 2009
I knew Mark would win today he has patience and discipline.
Martian

Raleigh, NC

#9 Jun 16, 2009
Poor 'ol "Wo Is Me" Mark will run out of gas (figuratively) towards the end of the race for the chase and not make the chase. Then all of his fans will cry (along with him) his same 'ol "woulda and coulda" tune.
But the fact of the matter will be: "didn't".
Bill

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jun 16, 2009
Martian wrote:
Poor 'ol "Wo Is Me" Mark will run out of gas (figuratively) towards the end of the race for the chase and not make the chase. Then all of his fans will cry (along with him) his same 'ol "woulda and coulda" tune.
Why all the hate you must be a dale jr fan. Im glad to see mark running good again. Tied for most wins this season with kyle bush
Martian

Raleigh, NC

#11 Jun 16, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why all the hate you must be a dale jr fan. Im glad to see mark running good again. Tied for most wins this season with kyle bush
Bill, hate is not involved in this at all. It's fact. Throwing the 'hate' word around like that is for those who ignore facts and attempt to muddy the issue because they cannot accept facts.
mike has no takers

Westborough, MA

#12 Jun 16, 2009
actually you posted no facts but speculations that you claimed would then become fact. you are the snooze fest and i'm weary now too.

fact. he has always (ok spew the exception) run well enough to be in the chase (measured upon current crappy 12 team format).

opinion. he will easily be top 5 in points after 26 races this year.

fact. year to year his luck has been worse than any other modern day cup driver.

Martian wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, hate is not involved in this at all. It's fact. Throwing the 'hate' word around like that is for those who ignore facts and attempt to muddy the issue because they cannot accept facts.
John

Mooresville, NC

#13 Jun 16, 2009
Martian wrote:
Only 2 drivers have made the chase every year since it's inception.

Matt Kennseth and Jimmie Johnson.

Only 3 have made the chase every year they attempted to.

Matt Kennseth, Jimmie Johnson, and Mark Martin.

My bet is Mark makes it for the 4th time in his 4th attempt.

I see you are not far up the road from me. Put your money where your mouth is.

I will take Mark making the chase.
Jill

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jun 16, 2009
Hamlin, Stewart, Kenseth,Jeff Gordon and Jimmie johnson have made the chase every year they tried since it was introduced in 2004.
Tam24

Spokane, WA

#18 Jun 16, 2009
mike has no takers wrote:
actually you posted no facts but speculations that you claimed would then become fact. you are the snooze fest and i'm weary now too.
fact. he has always (ok spew the exception) run well enough to be in the chase (measured upon current crappy 12 team format).
fact. year to year his luck has been worse than any other modern day cup driver.
<quoted text>
Mikey Mikey Mikey...
Long time no see. I thought you ran away or something.
Okay truth be told, I did for a while. You can never keep a good woman down for too long though. I see you still have the same charming disposition. ;)
As always a pleasure reading you.(ha ha)
Jill

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jun 16, 2009
Matt Kenseth really didn't win the chase at all Ryan Newman did and Nascar said it by making a rule so that wouldn't happen again.

(2008)
Johnson
Edwards
Biffle
Harvick
Bowyer
Burton
Gordon
Hamlin
Stewart
Kyle Busch
Kenseth
Dale E Jr

(2007)
Johnson
Gordon
Bowyer
Kenseth
Busch
Stewart
Busch
Burton
Edwards
Harvick
Truex
Hamlin

(2006)Hamlin was a rookie
Johnson
Kenseth
Hamlin *rookie
Harvick
Dale E Jr
Gordon
Burton
Kahne
Martn
Kyle Busch
Stewart
Edwards

(2005)
Stewart
Biffle
Edwards
martin
Johnson
Newman
Kenseth
Rusty Wallace
Mayfield
Kurt Busch
Gordon

(2004)
Kurt Busch
Johnson
Gordon
Martin
Dale Jr
Stewart
Newman
Kenseth
Sadler
Mayfield
Sadler
Mcmurray
Labonte

Hamlin(06,07,08 was rookie in 08), Stewart, Kenseth,Jeff Gordon and Jimmie johnson have made the chase every year he has tried.

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008/36/data/...
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007/data/sta...
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2006/36/data/...
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2005/data/sta...
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2004/36/data/...

How can two of you both be so wrong? or 3 of you?*rolling eyes*
Jill

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jun 16, 2009
Jill wrote:
Hamlin, Stewart, Kenseth,Jeff Gordon and Jimmie johnson have made the chase every year they tried since it was introduced in 2004.
This is correct.
fisherman

Atlanta, GA

#23 Jun 16, 2009
that leaves hamlin <<stirring>>
Martian

Raleigh, NC

#24 Jun 17, 2009
mike has no takers wrote:
<quoted text>
There was life before the chase. Mark has consistently faltered late in the season before the chase began. Bad luck? Oh boo hoo, there goes the "wo is me" Mark fans again. You actually belittle him by throwing out that lame 'bad luck' excuse. He uses that excuse year after year and you also using that excuse shows that you are lame too.
Martian

Raleigh, NC

#25 Jun 17, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 2 drivers have made the chase every year since it's inception.
Matt Kennseth and Jimmie Johnson.
Only 3 have made the chase every year they attempted to.
Matt Kennseth, Jimmie Johnson, and Mark Martin.
My bet is Mark makes it for the 4th time in his 4th attempt.
I see you are not far up the road from me. Put your money where your mouth is.
I will take Mark making the chase.
So what? Mark will falter as usual.

Being in Mooresville you should have a better grip on the racing scene to know that Mark will falter. Hendrick is just keeping him around until a better younger gun slinger comes along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Biffle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR explains cautions, green finish Mar '15 mike tirico 10
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News Can Richard Petty Motorsports be relevant again... (Jan '14) Jan '14 chuck 2
News Biffle sorry for not talking to Johnson in private (Oct '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 7
News Kenseth wins second Chase race (Sep '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 10
News Roush Fenway has come up big in Texas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ford Man 1
News Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
More from around the web