Carl Edwards' gamble on fuel pays off...

Carl Edwards' gamble on fuel pays off with win in Dickies 500

There are 5 comments on the www.star-telegram.com story from Nov 3, 2008, titled Carl Edwards' gamble on fuel pays off with win in Dickies 500. In it, www.star-telegram.com reports that:

By ANTHONY ANDRO Carl Edwards really had no choice.If he would have brought his No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.star-telegram.com.

tripperdog

Winston Salem, NC

#1 Nov 3, 2008
Way to go Carl!!!!Maybe just maybe we can break the Hendrick domination. It's about time the Ford fans have a driver to cheer about. loving it.
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Nov 3, 2008
A great race! Hope Carl can continue to put the squeeze on Jimmy and make the last two races REALLY interesting!

Since: May 08

Temperance, MI

#3 Nov 3, 2008
Wasn't a gamble at all. Had he stopped for fuel he wouldn't have won and would have been to far behind JJ in points. Staying out was the only option even if he ran out of fuel.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#4 Nov 3, 2008
Barr wrote:
Wasn't a gamble at all. Had he stopped for fuel he wouldn't have won and would have been to far behind JJ in points. Staying out was the only option even if he ran out of fuel.
Awww, Don't be pissed because Carl outran Jimbob.
just curious

Sherwood, OR

#5 Nov 3, 2008
As much as I would love to see it, I don't think Carl will catch Jimmy but maybe just maybe Carl can keep close enough in the points so that we can go to Homestead with a wing and a prayer.

It won't be anything like the F1 yesterday where, Hamilton had the championship then didn't have it. The race winning car took the checkers and appeared to have the championship as well until the car running 4th slowed in the rain on dry tires which allowed Hamilton to pass and get the championship by one point. But if we could at least get to Homestead without Jimmy having the thing sewn up it would be good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Biffle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Greg Biffle team gets angry, promises retaliati... (Apr '16) Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 3
News NASCAR explains cautions, green finish (Mar '15) Mar '15 mike tirico 10
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News Can Richard Petty Motorsports be relevant again... (Jan '14) Jan '14 chuck 2
News Biffle sorry for not talking to Johnson in private (Oct '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 7
News Kenseth wins second Chase race (Sep '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 10
More from around the web