Two RPM drivers to possibly test Ford...
wow

United States

#21 Oct 29, 2009
A.J. F-ed up and its bad timing too!!!

Now that BEST BUY is dumping SADler to run on the 43/AJ.
racing chick

York, PA

#22 Oct 29, 2009
William K wrote:
very bad decison by AJ last night, could cost him his ride.
What bad decisin did he make that could cost him his ride.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#23 Oct 29, 2009
racing chick wrote:
<quoted text>What bad decisin did he make that could cost him his ride.
I don't see NASCAR doing anything major and as for the team, all depends what he has in his contract and what they want to do. I am sure, like most drivers, something like this could end his current contract. They usually have stuff like this in some type of personal conduct or that type of clause in it. Should be interesting to see what happens.
wow

United States

#24 Oct 29, 2009
William K wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see NASCAR doing anything major and as for the team, all depends what he has in his contract and what they want to do. I am sure, like most drivers, something like this could end his current contract. They usually have stuff like this in some type of personal conduct or that type of clause in it. Should be interesting to see what happens.
NA$CAR and owners learned the hard ay with Kurt Busch not to rush to judgment.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#25 Oct 29, 2009
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
NA$CAR and owners learned the hard ay with Kurt Busch not to rush to judgment.
Like in football, you don't have to be found guilty of the crime. Just putting yourself in that position can cost you your contract. I don't think it will in AJ's case.

Kurt got lucky, didn't he only get a reckless driving citation because the "machine was broke" when he did his test?

NASCAR had mentioned at one time not to allow anyone who didn't have a valid drivers license to drive in a race, not sure if AJ had to automatically give his up or not. I don't think NASCAR ever made that law automatic anyway, they just talked about it.
question

Seattle, WA

#26 Oct 29, 2009
wow wrote:
A.J. F-ed up and its bad timing too!!!
Now that BEST BUY is dumping SADler to run on the 43/AJ.
best buy didnt dump sadler....gillette petty secured them to be
full time sponsor to ajs car, since they want to be full time
and also stanley wants to go full time sponsor too (so that will
be elliotts sponsor).
in this day and age when sponsor dollars are at a premium and hard to find for an entire season. if a sponsor wants full car for a full season rather than just part of the season. good for them.
wow

United States

#27 Oct 29, 2009
question wrote:
<quoted text>
best buy didnt dump sadler....gillette petty secured them to be
full time sponsor to ajs car, since they want to be full time
and also stanley wants to go full time sponsor too (so that will
be elliotts sponsor).
in this day and age when sponsor dollars are at a premium and hard to find for an entire season. if a sponsor wants full car for a full season rather than just part of the season. good for them.
Nice spin

Lets see is Stanley really is a full time sponsor. I'll believe when I see it. Bottom line, BestBuy bolted. That doesn't say much for SADler..... the sponsor's dream!
question

Seattle, WA

#28 Oct 29, 2009
i guess we will find out next year if bb stays full year with aj and if stanly stays full year
with elliott.
again it costs alot to sponsor a car for a full
year, many companies do it. but as we have seen
in the economy this year. many are leaving the sport.
so while their are still lots out there to nab
to be a sponsor. getting them for a full year
is hard to do
and since neither you nor i were in the signing off or onto the contracts for bb leaving elliott to go to aj...then i guess its just up for debate or spin as you say.
the fact that a company wants to go full time to a car rather than share time with a car (as they have been doing this year) is good. they have the bucks to do it.
i dont really care if its for elliott or aj for that matter. maybe they do like aj better. hes been driving them off and on the later part of the season.cause they stepped up to the plate with the money and said here we will sponsor.
or they wanted to buy more sponsorship.
doesnt necessarily mean they dumped sadler..
but everyone has their opinions and thats fine too.
wow

United States

#29 Oct 29, 2009
question wrote:
i guess we will find out next year if bb stays full year with aj and if stanly stays full year
with elliott.
again it costs alot to sponsor a car for a full
year, many companies do it. but as we have seen
in the economy this year. many are leaving the sport.
so while their are still lots out there to nab
to be a sponsor. getting them for a full year
is hard to do
and since neither you nor i were in the signing off or onto the contracts for bb leaving elliott to go to aj...then i guess its just up for debate or spin as you say.
the fact that a company wants to go full time to a car rather than share time with a car (as they have been doing this year) is good. they have the bucks to do it.
i dont really care if its for elliott or aj for that matter. maybe they do like aj better. hes been driving them off and on the later part of the season.cause they stepped up to the plate with the money and said here we will sponsor.
or they wanted to buy more sponsorship.
doesnt necessarily mean they dumped sadler..
but everyone has their opinions and thats fine too.
you say alot, but you say nothing
William K

Charlotte, NC

#30 Oct 29, 2009
I hate to say it but I agree with WOW on this. I think best buy left for AJ/43 car. I think it was more of the team decision than anything else.

This DUI may or maynot mess with that.

Like I have stated before, you win and it cures everything. Elliott runs better things will be better. If he doesn't then it will not.

I think AJ will have a one year chance, if he survives this DUI.
wow

United States

#31 Oct 29, 2009
And just wait for it... SADler will be pumping up Stanley like there is no tomorrow (irony) in the weeks to come, just as he did, Best Buy, Dodge, M&Ms, Motorcraft and Citgo... but the problem is the ROI those guys get. Its a bad investment.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#32 Oct 29, 2009
wow wrote:
And just wait for it... SADler will be pumping up Stanley like there is no tomorrow (irony) in the weeks to come, just as he did, Best Buy, Dodge, M&Ms, Motorcraft and Citgo... but the problem is the ROI those guys get. Its a bad investment.
IF AJ keeps Best Buy after all of this, he may pump them lounder than anyone in NASCAR. He has a mountain to climb before he gets out of this DUI PR nightmare.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#33 Oct 30, 2009
William K wrote:
<quoted text>
IF AJ keeps Best Buy after all of this, he may pump them lounder than anyone in NASCAR. He has a mountain to climb before he gets out of this DUI PR nightmare.
Unless something more comes to light, A.J. is saying all the right things and taking full responsibility. He is not making any excuses either. If he keeps his knows clean till Daytona, this will be far from any nightmare.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#34 Oct 30, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
<quoted text>Unless something more comes to light, A.J. is saying all the right things and taking full responsibility. He is not making any excuses either. If he keeps his knows clean till Daytona, this will be far from any nightmare.
"I thought I was OK to drive" is nothing but a typical excuse we hear all the time. It's hard not to take full responsiblity when they arrest you and you fail the test. It's not like he came forward later on and admitted to something on his own. He knew it was going to be all over the place and he had no choice in hiding it. Unlike Waltrip and his "leaving the accident" situation.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#35 Oct 30, 2009
He stated a fact and accepted responsibility, not an excuse. AJ seems to be taking this seriously and handling the situation correctly. If you want excuses, read Elliott's post race quotes.

The real question should be; When is Brian France going to serve his penalty for his DWI?
William K

Charlotte, NC

#36 Oct 30, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
He stated a fact and accepted responsibility, not an excuse. AJ seems to be taking this seriously and handling the situation correctly. If you want excuses, read Elliott's post race quotes.
The real question should be; When is Brian France going to serve his penalty for his DWI?
Maybe for you that is taking responsiblity but for me saying "I didn't think I was speeding" isn't taking responsibility for speeding. To me what he said was like I got caught, I thought I could get away with it because I wasn't that drunk, sorry I should have know better. It happens, just call it like it is for AJ like you do for Elliott. Because we all know if it was Elliott, he couldn't say he was sorry enough.

Famous people or people with "power" never seem to pull the same punishment as the rest of us, I don't see France being any different. Maybe he should have taken the Waltrip approach, seems to keep working for Mikey.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#37 Oct 30, 2009
So what should he have said?
William K

Charlotte, NC

#38 Oct 30, 2009
To start with never say you thought you were OK to drive. That is the No. 1 thing people who get busted for DUI will say as an excuse.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#39 Oct 30, 2009
Don't get your vag in a wad over this. Esp saying that was an excuse when someone blew a .08. That is far from an excuse in this case and Walldinger is using citing this to heighten awareness of "when you think you are ok, you are probably not'.

like I said earlier, unless something else comes up, this incident is over. And besides all that, I couldn't give a rats ass with Elliott or even A.J. does off the track. I have never taken such a stance either.
NASCAR

AOL

#40 Oct 30, 2009
A .08???????? Hell, Junior and a few other will possibly blow that if tested just before the Amp 500 on Sunday just from the previous Saturday night Dega binging.

Thats nothing, so get off the high horses!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web