Two RPM drivers to possibly test Ford's THIS season

Posted in the Elliott Sadler Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jrp

Farmville, VA

#1 Oct 13, 2009
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/1019829...

Richard Petty Motorsports has had a Ford in its possession ready to race since after New Hampshire.

It would not be a surprise if AJ Allmendinger is driving a Fusion before the end of the season. Once the No. 44 car flips over to Ford, it will remain a Fusion.

In addition to Allmendinger, Elliott Sadler is expected to drive a Roush-prepared Ford with a Yates engine at Talladega.

Whether or not RPM's proposed merger with Yates Racing goes through, team owner George Gillett has said his team will run Ford's next season.
jrp

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2009
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/cup...

"RPM to debut Ford at Talladega, looking for more"
wow

United States

#3 Oct 23, 2009
'looking'?????

the engine/chassis package is not the answer for the 19. It's the driver. Dega is a chess match and crap game, and means nothing. Fords, Dodge, Chevy engine/chassis packages do fine no matter who is behind the wheel. Go to Homestead in a Ford racing package and 'show everyone', if it is better.
racing chick

York, PA

#4 Oct 24, 2009
wow wrote:
'looking'?????
the engine/chassis package is not the answer for the 19. It's the driver. Dega is a chess match and crap game, and means nothing. Fords, Dodge, Chevy engine/chassis packages do fine no matter who is behind the wheel. Go to Homestead in a Ford racing package and 'show everyone', if it is better.
If you always need to be negative, go to another forum. I/We are tired of all the negativity. We would just like to talk about things that are happening and would like to do it in a positive way. Please GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
wow

United States

#5 Oct 25, 2009
Denial is not a river in Egypt. EVERYTHING has been changed over and over on the 19 team but the driver, it's time for theat change now too.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 25, 2009
If I was RPM I would turn to you for advice on my team. Your grasp on running a business is top of the line.
Totally UNWow

Baltimore, MD

#7 Oct 25, 2009
wow wrote:
Denial is not a river in Egypt. EVERYTHING has been changed over and over on the 19 team but the driver, it's time for theat change now too.
I know onw thing's for sure, it's time for your meds to be upped.
Totally UNWow

Baltimore, MD

#8 Oct 25, 2009
Excuse the typo, please. 'One'
William K

Charlotte, NC

#9 Oct 25, 2009
Totally UNWow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know onw thing's for sure, it's time for your meds to be upped.
I would have thought Toyota would be a better fit than Ford. I mean RFR doesn't share with anyone, even when they say they will.

After next year when Bud and Kahne leave, it will not matter anyway.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#10 Oct 26, 2009
Elliott has it in for RFR anyway. He has never liked them since his days with the Wood Brothers. I am really not sure where the bad dlood started, but Elliott has always had a problem with Jack. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I think in the long run it will help RPM.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#11 Oct 26, 2009
I have no idea what started it. I always thought it was because of RFR and how they stick it to everyone. Kind of how they "shared info" with Wood Brothers & Yates. RFR got engines and RYR got pretty much squat in return.
wow

United States

#12 Oct 27, 2009
Wanna know what started it? A whining driver in the 21....38....and 19.

Its one thing to get lucky every once in a while, its another thing to blame others for your failure.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#13 Oct 27, 2009
wow wrote:
Wanna know what started it? A whining driver in the 21....38....and 19.
Its one thing to get lucky every once in a while, its another thing to blame others for your failure.
now that is an example of an intelligent response to a nice discussion we were having, stay classy.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#14 Oct 28, 2009
RFR shared plenty with Yates and the Wood Brothers when it came to Elliott. Even in that final season with Yates, Elliott drove a handful of times a "Mark Martin" car. The reason why I remember this is because Elliott didn't like the pedal configuration each time he drove that chassis. A Roush chassis was not an uncommon sight at the RYR shop.

With the WBs, all the fabrication and body hanging was done at Roush during that time as well.

There was more sharing going on than public perception has given.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#15 Oct 28, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
RFR shared plenty with Yates and the Wood Brothers when it came to Elliott. Even in that final season with Yates, Elliott drove a handful of times a "Mark Martin" car. The reason why I remember this is because Elliott didn't like the pedal configuration each time he drove that chassis. A Roush chassis was not an uncommon sight at the RYR shop.
With the WBs, all the fabrication and body hanging was done at Roush during that time as well.
There was more sharing going on than public perception has given.
IMO, RFR got "the motor", which at the time was the most powerful one in NASCAR. They didn't give back the best chasis, which since it wasn't the COT made the biggest difference on tracks not Tal or Day. Yates needed chasis help bad and he thought sharing his motors would allow that to happen. I don't think it ever did equal out for the RYR cosindering they gave up what was their only advantage.

RFR tends not to give out their best stuff to sat. teams. Unlike Hendrick, who, I would argue actually tries to give their teams much better equipment. Then again, we have the COT so that may also play a difference in what is given since it may be easier to share now. Should be interesting to see what happens next year, especially with Kahne and Bud in a contract year and RFR trying to get him from RPM.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#16 Oct 28, 2009
JR fans would not agree with your assessment of Hendrick.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#17 Oct 28, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
JR fans would not agree with your assessment of Hendrick.
What would JR fans agree on, except it's not Jr's fault, he could be the best ever and "things would be different if Sr was around."

This year, very bad luck and IMO he isn't a "great" driver. Compared to Johnson, Gordon and Martin who would be. Toss in Stewart and Newman and I would put him 6th out of 6th in that group. Exactly where he is right now. I do think he will be better without Eury Jr in his ear but that's just me.
racing chick

York, PA

#18 Oct 28, 2009
William K wrote:
<quoted text>What would JR fans agree on, except it's not Jr's fault, he could be the best ever and "things would be different if Sr was around."
This year, very bad luck and IMO he isn't a "great" driver. Compared to Johnson, Gordon and Martin who would be. Toss in Stewart and Newman and I would put him 6th out of 6th in that group. Exactly where he is right now. I do think he will be better without Eury Jr in his ear but that's just me.
I sorta agree and sorta don't agree. the reason that i agree with you know i'm not trying to be negative but he hasn't been the same since his dad died. and the reason i disagree with that is because even if a driver hasn't won a race in over a year dosen't mean people should count him out because he is still a pretty good driver just alot is going through his head. like I said i'm not trying to be negative and if i am don't hesitate to tell me.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#19 Oct 28, 2009
racing chick wrote:
<quoted text>I sorta agree and sorta don't agree. the reason that i agree with you know i'm not trying to be negative but he hasn't been the same since his dad died. and the reason i disagree with that is because even if a driver hasn't won a race in over a year dosen't mean people should count him out because he is still a pretty good driver just alot is going through his head. like I said i'm not trying to be negative and if i am don't hesitate to tell me.
nothing wrong with being negative or positive, everyone has the right to their own opinion. It's all about being able to "disagree agreeably".
William K

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 29, 2009
very bad decison by AJ last night, could cost him his ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web