Possible changed coming?
carole

Noblesville, IN

#1 May 5, 2009
Read some very interesting comments by Kasey on thatsracin.com . He hinted that there were changes in the organization even to the possibility of a switch to Toyota. He said that all drivers were frustrated with the present car and engines. I believe that there is worry over the Chrysler-Fiat deal. Can't see how they can continue with support for Nascar with the way everything is going. Check it out!

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#2 May 5, 2009
Honestly I dont see Dodge in Nascar too much longer with them filing for chapter11/7?(whichever it was). I am sure changes are on the way for RPM but who knows if they will be for the better. Something is really weird over there, in the past Richard Petty was opposed to having beer sponsers and now he has one on a car fulltime. This is the first time I think that has ever happened. Not even when it was the Busch Clash did they enter because they wouldnt carry their logo.

Just dont understand why he would change his values now. I know its all about money now adays but that isnt a reason to change your higher standards that you and your family had set.

oh well jmo.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#3 May 5, 2009
Petty only gives his name to this race team, nothing more, nothing less. He has no say in the day to day operations and is just a figurehead. The only reason he shows up on races day is because NA$CAR wants him to and its good for PR.
Sad Sadler Fan

Newnan, GA

#4 May 5, 2009
I know how devoted Richard Petty is to racing, but he hooked up with an ass clown outfit. Ray Evernham is the one who started this domino effect the day he turned his back ob his race team. He become obviously disinterested. He rarely showed up for races and seemed non-chalant when he did.
Gillett may be a well respected name in the world of ice hockey but he sure as hell has no business being in NASCAR. The only way I foresee RPM surviving is to sell it to someone who knows racing and knows what it takes to make his team successful.
As for Sadler, it would be ashame to see him lose his ride. He's better then he let's himself be. Alot of that might come from being frustrated over driving shoddy shit every weekend and as Kahne said, noone was listening to what the drivers had to say. I hope Kahne is able to get on a winning team. There's no doubt in my mind that he's had some sweet offers. I hope Sadler will be as fortunate. He just needs to get himself together and keep his mind on the racing when he's at the track. Seems he and his Mrs tend to argue alot when she's in attendance. If my wife tried to stir up trouble like she seems to do when I'm trying to do my job, I'd make her keep her butt at him.
Lisa in MN

Cottage Grove, MN

#5 May 5, 2009
I hate to say it, but I hope they do change manufacturers. Dodge has said they are staying in Nascar, but I'm reading that they are pulling some funds to save money. That is the LAST think this team needs. If anything, they need MORE money to continue to work on the engines and catch up to the other Dodge drivers. If Dodge stays, this team will slip further to the back, and there isn't too much room left for them to fall!
Mikey fan

Rossford, OH

#6 May 5, 2009
If you had asked me a year ago, I would NEVER have guessed that we'd be having this type of conversation about NASCAR...just one more thing going down the tubes in this country...

(sorry so glum..)
jmo

Freedom, PA

#7 May 6, 2009
there are many stories on nascar.com and coming from RPM camp....also in nascar ill last month ray said what his demise was about more or less...
and that dodge wasnt doing all they were suppose to do....(in so many words) that would explain some of his reasons for leaving..my guess is George running the shots is another reason ray left...
rumor has it..that they will test the new engine in an upcomign race...which would be good...maybe we can see some progress..albeit its late..
but can swing the drivers back up in top 10s and top 5s..if the new engine works for them!
as for next year...its up in the air what they will drive.....
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#8 May 6, 2009
Ray left because he was burnt out from the weekly grind of running a Cup race team and had nothing to do with Dodge. Ray had a plan on leaving when he sold majority interest, really 80% interest, of his race team over 3 years ago, long before Dodge hinted of any financial problems.
jmo

Freedom, PA

#9 May 6, 2009
ray did leave for those reasons as well...and its clearly stated in last months nascar ill. along with insites to dodge not fully doing what they were to do for the dodge teams...(in part due to the starting decline of the economy - as it was starting last year...and carried on into this year as we see now with the car manufacturers).
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#10 May 6, 2009
I must have missed that nascar ill article. Gotta link?
jmo

Freedom, PA

#11 May 6, 2009
shoot let me see if i can find a link. from work i wont be able to do that....but i will try tonite from home...
Esadler19fan

Princeton, NJ

#12 May 6, 2009
Kasey pounding his fist repeatedly on his steering wheel (as seen on his in car cam) spoke volumes about his frustrations with the junk he and Elliott are driving. It is pretty serious when you're "franchise" driver is in a POS and visibly aggravated, worse yet, captured by a national audience. If this doesn't make a team owner/management staff do something they deserve to lose Kasey.
just guessing

Seattle, WA

#13 May 6, 2009
its in mays nascar ill...i cannot link it from home so will try tomorrow Edwin...but heres one question from the article...
Q:Does not being an owner bother you?
A; (Ray's answer)..in some ways it doesn in in someit doesnt. when your not in control anymore its hard to feel like you have any ownership, even in part, if im not all in, i'de rather be out
it will always haunt me that we didnt win a championship (at his company), but i do feel that with out a lot of help, because i didnt get all the help i was promised from Dodge, that we brought them a good car right off the bat. I dont want to be critical of Dodge, because Dodge paid me every dime they ever promised me, but from the communications and technical sides we got off-base several times.
I do give myself an A for effort. I worked so hard to put that program together. It almost killed me, I have never been so physically and mentally worn out......
Wondering

Austin, TX

#14 May 6, 2009
If GM and the other auto manufacturers are in such dire straits then why are they not having problems? They have cut back their support just as much as Dodge right? Some maybe more! Its not the equipment, its that the 'franchise'(Kasey and Elliott) drivers can't drive this new car. I saw A.J. get his lap back the hard way (no lucky dog) last week in the same equipment and Reed has been steady. If you take the two plate finishes from eSADler, he might be out of the top 35.

No fire, no drive and he is calling ALL the shots with the in race calls for his team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web