Sliced Bread goes into the spin cycle

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Tony didn't mean to do it. Tony Stewart didn't mean to get in the back of Joey Logano, which sent Sliced Bread up the track, smacking Reed Sorenson, whose car sent poor Logano into the air for what seemed like a gazillion times Sunday.
Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike also stutters

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

that might make sense if not for the fact that a greater percentage of nfl teams makes the playoffs than do cup teams.

the nfl has bye weeks. lame. the nfl has bye weeks in the playoffs! absurd. yes i know, the have such a screwed up number of teams qualifying that they have no choice but to have a playoff bye week. that makes it even more foolish actually.

WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking News: The NFL has announced that from now on all teams will participate in the playoffs; whether the team qualifies for the playoffs off not. Critics called the plan ridiculous, but a NFL spokesman said: "Hey NASCAR does it!"
mike also stutters

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

he's Beaver Cleaver. look at him.

he's a fat little gopher though, that is accurate.
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Stewart's nickname around the pits is Ron Jermey or the "hedgehog"
Nascant

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

A real fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't Watch Then. Watch Boring Football and quit complaining
It's because you "real fans" sit on your arse and don't complain is why nascar is going downhill. You're just like the commentators, whatever the nascar elite says is golden. Did you ever watch races 10 years ago? 15? they were races, not merry-go-rounds. A "real fan" will would at least see this mess, acknowledge it, complain to nascar about it, and someday, get it turned around..hopefully. Before he died, Dale Earnhardt even made the comment "This isn't racing" He knew what he was talking about.
racing chick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 8, 2009
 
Nascant wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because you "real fans" sit on your arse and don't complain is why nascar is going downhill. You're just like the commentators, whatever the nascar elite says is golden. Did you ever watch races 10 years ago? 15? they were races, not merry-go-rounds. A "real fan" will would at least see this mess, acknowledge it, complain to nascar about it, and someday, get it turned around..hopefully. Before he died, Dale Earnhardt even made the comment "This isn't racing" He knew what he was talking about.
I did watch racing long ago. My husband always watched it. I am a real fan and I do Bitch and complain. What NASCAR does about racing has nothing to do with what I complain or don't complain about. It's like anyother "job", they do what they want. Who cares what the "fans" or anyone else thinks. I know how it was to watch racing when Earnhardt Sr. raced. It was exciting because he didn't give a sh** what he did/said, Nascar did/said or anyone else. If he didn't die, maybe NASCAR wouldn't have changed to many things...then again maybe they still would have. Unfortunately, in every aspect of life there is change. Wether we like it or not. I don't like change, but certain things I, you or anyone doesn't have control over. We can either roll with it or say "to hell with it". Life sucks sometimes.
I am very upset that Elliott has been winning. Does that mean I have to go route for someone who does all the time. NO!!! So if a favorite baseball, football, hockey team that someone likes all of a sudden stops winning, they should jump on another bandwagon. I don't think so. LIke I said earlier... I could have routed for Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, but I like a challenge. I got that in Sadler. I wish every week for a great finish or win, but I complain to my family every week. My son (gordon fan) teases me every week about Sadler, well both my sons do (stewart fan). I tease back, but I am not quitting.

“Life”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Oct 8, 2009
 
You are definitely a devoted racing fan!
TaMyJaxFL

Nicholls, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Oct 8, 2009
 
racing chick wrote:
<quoted text>I did watch racing long ago. My husband always watched it. I am a real fan and I do Bitch and complain. What NASCAR does about racing has nothing to do with what I complain or don't complain about. It's like anyother "job", they do what they want. Who cares what the "fans" or anyone else thinks. I know how it was to watch racing when Earnhardt Sr. raced. It was exciting because he didn't give a sh** what he did/said, Nascar did/said or anyone else. If he didn't die, maybe NASCAR wouldn't have changed to many things...then again maybe they still would have. Unfortunately, in every aspect of life there is change. Wether we like it or not. I don't like change, but certain things I, you or anyone doesn't have control over. We can either roll with it or say "to hell with it". Life sucks sometimes.
I am very upset that Elliott has been winning. Does that mean I have to go route for someone who does all the time. NO!!! So if a favorite baseball, football, hockey team that someone likes all of a sudden stops winning, they should jump on another bandwagon. I don't think so. LIke I said earlier... I could have routed for Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, but I like a challenge. I got that in Sadler. I wish every week for a great finish or win, but I complain to my family every week. My son (gordon fan) teases me every week about Sadler, well both my sons do (stewart fan). I tease back, but I am not quitting.
Well said!
Now that is what a NASCAR Fan Really sounds like =)
Nascant

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Oct 9, 2009
 
Who cares what the fans think? Are you nuts? The fans make the sport. You keep dissing them and it's lost. Vegas tried to go "family friendly", then they realized, no, it's about the adults, what they want. That works. Dover had 30,000 less attendance last year than the previous. Ratings are down. Who cares what the fans think? You're nuts.....

“Life”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Oct 9, 2009
 
racing chick wrote:
<quoted text>I did watch racing long ago. My husband always watched it. I am a real fan and I do Bitch and complain. What NASCAR does about racing has nothing to do with what I complain or don't complain about. It's like anyother "job", they do what they want. Who cares what the "fans" or anyone else thinks. I know how it was to watch racing when Earnhardt Sr. raced. It was exciting because he didn't give a sh** what he did/said, Nascar did/said or anyone else. If he didn't die, maybe NASCAR wouldn't have changed to many things...then again maybe they still would have. Unfortunately, in every aspect of life there is change. Wether we like it or not. I don't like change, but certain things I, you or anyone doesn't have control over. We can either roll with it or say "to hell with it". Life sucks sometimes.
I am very upset that Elliott has been winning. Does that mean I have to go route for someone who does all the time. NO!!! So if a favorite baseball, football, hockey team that someone likes all of a sudden stops winning, they should jump on another bandwagon. I don't think so. LIke I said earlier... I could have routed for Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, but I like a challenge. I got that in Sadler. I wish every week for a great finish or win, but I complain to my family every week. My son (gordon fan) teases me every week about Sadler, well both my sons do (stewart fan). I tease back, but I am not quitting.
I wish they would lighten up and let the guys race like they did yrs ago. Down right and dirty if they want. That's entertainment. What isn't entertainment is watching the race cars go around and around, knowing the guys are afraid to bump or tap someone cause they'll get a penalty/fine. So they just play ring around the rosey. Let them loose and lets have some fun! As long as no one gets seriously hurt that is. I wouldn't mind seeing a few heads getting battered back and forth. JMO

It's got to the point that all you need to do is watch the last 30 laps, cause nothing happened before them.
mike also stutters

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Oct 12, 2009
 
you must be at most 30 years old. you defintiely never watched a race 'years ago'.'years ago', richard petty and a few others won every race. there were not more than a handful of guys that raced every race or even close to it. one guy ended up lapping the field and they were spaced out massively without much of anything going on.

then the midern era petty got old and had to race in cars with more computerized parts. with waltrip and then earnhardt winning championships (and elliot allison etc) there were still only 15 to 20 cars at most racing each week. only 5 or 10 were in any way competitive, the other just running laps. still easn't much need to rub while racing. when they got ornery a few of them used their bumpers, big deal.

the racing was not exactly side by side, decided by photo-finish on a regular basis. it was a few guys still on the lead lap, the race all but decided by halfway.

today, they rub and rub and scrape and hack and beat and bang constantly. 43 cars on the track every week, 30 regulars, 15 to 20 competitive. most races come down to the last few laps and 6 to 12 each year come down to the final turn and several right to the line.

we've got high tech cars pushed to the limits in the hands of crew chiefs not drivers (the crew chief should get the points and win the trophy), but the result is constant contact - in fact way too much - stupid contact, every week, several times. that's in addition to the constant incidental (barely) contact shoving cars crazy sideways and not wrecking due to COT.

by the way, there used to be one lane and one way around each track for the most part. old school stuff, but not 'exciting'. it would take 10 laps to set a guy up and 10 more to make the pass. today they build tracks that are like route friggin 95 in the northeast. they go 4 wide every other week. they race 2 to 4 distinct lanes everywhere. pretty damned exciting even though not traditional. always a way to get side by side, EVEN IF YOU ARE SLOWER THAN THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU. just drive it in deep on the apron like a hack!

i'm tired of the 'this is not racing / this is boring' crowd.

rubbing and racing isd alive and well, even though THAT is what is NOT racing. and its more 'EXCITING' every year now, even though its again, NOT racing from a traditional look. OLD SCHOOL YEARS AGO RACING THE WAY IT WAS HAPPENED TO BE BORING AS HECK. i liked it better. but it was totally a bore compared to today's racing. it's akll about the fans and all the fans do is complain, claling on some yesteryear fantasy.
PEDDLE FASTER wrote:
<quoted text>I wish they would lighten up and let the guys race like they did yrs ago. Down right and dirty if they want. That's entertainment. What isn't entertainment is watching the race cars go around and around, knowing the guys are afraid to bump or tap someone cause they'll get a penalty/fine. So they just play ring around the rosey. Let them loose and lets have some fun! As long as no one gets seriously hurt that is. I wouldn't mind seeing a few heads getting battered back and forth. JMO
It's got to the point that all you need to do is watch the last 30 laps, cause nothing happened before them.
mike also stutters

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Oct 12, 2009
 
i mean modern era 15-20 teams racing every race on the schedule, not 20 cars 'in the race' each week. 15 to 20 regulars. look it up!
nysmile_1969

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Oct 12, 2009
 
mike also stutters wrote:
i mean modern era 15-20 teams racing every race on the schedule, not 20 cars 'in the race' each week. 15 to 20 regulars. look it up!
1979 the was 41 cars in the Daytona 500!!
nysmile_1969

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Oct 12, 2009
 
mike also stutters wrote:
i mean modern era 15-20 teams racing every race on the schedule, not 20 cars 'in the race' each week. 15 to 20 regulars. look it up!
1979 southern 500 38 cars, 1980 southern 500 36 . How many more races do you want look up . I would say average race had 36 cars .
Nascant

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Oct 13, 2009
 
Ratings and attendance are still down - ratings by double digits! Look it up! That means less people want to see this crap! Crap is not excitement.
mike also stutters

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Oct 13, 2009
 
a) i clarified that i was talking about how many drivers drove all races in a season. you had 41 in the d-500 that year. how many drove next week?

41, 38, 36 are all fewer that 43. and how many of those drivers were in all races those years? and how of those were in any way competitive?

i want you to research more, yes. i've done it. so i know what i'm talking about.
nysmile_1969 wrote:
<quoted text>1979 southern 500 38 cars, 1980 southern 500 36 . How many more races do you want look up . I would say average race had 36 cars .
mike also stutters

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Oct 13, 2009
 
and the main point is level of 'excitement' then versus now.

was the 79 d-500 exciting? is so, were there any other close finishes that year?

watch races on espn classic. you'll be bored to tears! 30 second pit stops. and pit stops didn't matter. the field was so spread out and the differences in speeds so great.
Nascant

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Oct 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The only way to get more viewers/turnouts is to what for Danica to start racing.........

Really? Old races boring? You actually like record number of cautions? Rained shortened races? Competition cautions? One car out front? Digger? Sponsors x100? Boogity x3? No racing back to the line? Penalties for having a tire on the white line in the pit? Not racing below the yellow lines?
Not being aggressive? Not racing if you're not in the chase? Too early to be racing? Always hearing "Nascar made the right decision?"

Let me predict.....JJ will be the cup champion...
That's excitement?
Nascant

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Oct 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

wait for Danica......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elliott Sadler Discussions

Search the Elliott Sadler Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••