NASCAR Biz: Junior leads - again - and doesn't win - again

There are 10 comments on the Nov 2, 2010, Farmington Daily Times story titled NASCAR Biz: Junior leads - again - and doesn't win - again. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr., the sports most popular driver, had a shot at winning at Talladega Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Smoke

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2010
Excuse me Ms. Nobis???? "Junior is The Man and you don't mess with the man."

I think you may have downed one too many bottles of Girls Are Meaner. You must have been on your 5th bottle when you wrote this.

I beg to differ, there's an old saying, "To be The Man, you gotta beat The Man". My comments last week gave some insight into Juniors track record. Please allow me to recap Juniors 2010 season & a little bit extra:

0 - Wins
3 - Top Five Finishes.
17.6 - Average Finish.

One win, in the last THREE seasons!! Missed the chase this season, missed the chase last season. In the season prior he barely squeezed in, but was never any threat to win. Currently he is on a 33-start, winless streak for the 2010 season!!

I saw someone's comment last week, where they called him "NASCAR's most popular looser". I chuckled, at first I thought that may be kinda mean, but I thought it over, & whom ever left that comment is totally correct! They summed up Junior's career in the Cup Series, in a lot fewer words than I could.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Smoke wrote:
Excuse me Ms. Nobis???? "Junior is The Man and you don't mess with the man."
I think you may have downed one too many bottles of Girls Are Meaner. You must have been on your 5th bottle when you wrote this.
I beg to differ, there's an old saying, "To be The Man, you gotta beat The Man". My comments last week gave some insight into Juniors track record. Please allow me to recap Juniors 2010 season & a little bit extra:
0 - Wins
3 - Top Five Finishes.
17.6 - Average Finish.
One win, in the last THREE seasons!! Missed the chase this season, missed the chase last season. In the season prior he barely squeezed in, but was never any threat to win. Currently he is on a 33-start, winless streak for the 2010 season!!
I saw someone's comment last week, where they called him "NASCAR's most popular looser". I chuckled, at first I thought that may be kinda mean, but I thought it over, & whom ever left that comment is totally correct! They summed up Junior's career in the Cup Series, in a lot fewer words than I could.
Good comment, but with a correction: Jr is on an 89-start winless streak.

Have you ever seen such a non-achiever get so over-hyped?
Smoke

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Good comment, but with a correction: Jr is on an 89-start winless streak.
Have you ever seen such a non-achiever get so over-hyped?
Thanks,.. I was only taking an account of the races he's started in this season.

But imagine 89 starts & no win! Sounds like Junior needs training wheels on his car.
NASCAR Guy

Escalon, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
And how many races did he lose in a row prior to that "fuel mileage debacle win" at Michigan? Excluding that race (which is identical to Danica's "win" in Japan), Jr must be getting close to 200.
Smoke

United States

#5 Nov 5, 2010
NASCAR Guy wrote:
And how many races did he lose in a row prior to that "fuel mileage debacle win" at Michigan? Excluding that race (which is identical to Danica's "win" in Japan), Jr must be getting close to 200.
I really don't know the answer to that question. Danica's track record in NASCAR, from what I understand is similar to Jr's.. Lots of hype,.. no wins..
You get over it

Katy, TX

#6 Nov 5, 2010
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know the answer to that question. Danica's track record in NASCAR, from what I understand is similar to Jr's.. Lots of hype,.. no wins..
Well, at least with Danica, it's justified that she isn't so good in the NASCAR races, since she doesn't have a lot of experience racing in NASCAR. But, Junior's performance in NASCAR is truly pathetic with all the years of experience he has and as lousy as his driving is.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#7 Nov 5, 2010
When speaking of jr, it's not about performance on the track and wins, its all about being an earnhardt, selling his merchandise and over-promotion by NASCAR.....

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#8 Nov 5, 2010
I betcha ol Kerry Earnhardt really gets pissed 'caused he was the first of numerous litters and didn't have daddy's name.
Smoke

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least with Danica, it's justified that she isn't so good in the NASCAR races, since she doesn't have a lot of experience racing in NASCAR. But, Junior's performance in NASCAR is truly pathetic with all the years of experience he has and as lousy as his driving is.
Hey!! I totally agree with your comment, about my commment, so here's my comment about your comment... excellent point you made, I agree!

Have a great weekend...!!
Smoke

United States

#11 Nov 9, 2010
Well... since we all agree Junior is not much to talk about....

How do you all feel about Hamlin knocking Johnson out of the points lead?? I think Johnson did a great thing for the sport by winning the championship the last four years on a row. If anything it was awesome to see NASCAR history being made.

However,.... I feel if Jimmy gets a 5th Championship in a row, it would hurt the sport in a way. Fans, the teams also, may begin to feel the sport is getting predictable... I just feel like Johnson did a good thing, but its time to see another team win the cup! Since the #14 can't make it this year, I'm pulling for Harvick!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web