Congrats Elliott!!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UNCW Girl

Montgomery, AL

#1 Jun 14, 2009
Wow, first top 5 in forever... How did this happen? I didn't get a chance to watch the race.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#2 Jun 14, 2009
UNCW Girl wrote:
Wow, first top 5 in forever... How did this happen? I didn't get a chance to watch the race.
Fuel mileage and I think he came in 12th. Jimmie Johnson ran out than Biffle ran out so Mark Martin won. The a few more cars coasted to the finish line. But a great finish and he ran in the top 15 a lot.
Lisa in Alabama

Huntsville, AL

#3 Jun 14, 2009
Kenny Wallace said he was like a win for Elliott.
GoDaleJR

Warrenton, VA

#4 Jun 14, 2009
UNCW Girl wrote:
what race were you watching?
Trac in Mich

Midland, MI

#5 Jun 14, 2009
He finished 12th on fumes.
Wondering

Austin, TX

#6 Jun 14, 2009
Just put an asterisk by this finish too. While fuel mileage races happen, it is simple luck and has little to do with racing. It is much like the Daytona 500, just happened to be in the pits whe na caution flies and suddenly a mid pack car gets a top 10. Elliott has relied on this crap too much in the past 4 years dont ya think?
William K

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jun 14, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Just put an asterisk by this finish too. While fuel mileage races happen, it is simple luck and has little to do with racing. It is much like the Daytona 500, just happened to be in the pits whe na caution flies and suddenly a mid pack car gets a top 10. Elliott has relied on this crap too much in the past 4 years dont ya think?
You might as well just put your asterisk by everyone because it's "fuel mileage" most of the time at MIS and even Pocono.
Wondering

Austin, TX

#8 Jun 14, 2009
William K wrote:
<quoted text>
You might as well just put your asterisk by everyone because it's "fuel mileage" most of the time at MIS and even Pocono.
agreed

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#9 Jun 15, 2009
Doesnt matter fuel mileage or not he finished in the top 15 and thats a great run for him. And before those guys ran outof gas he was in the top 15 for the last 40 or 50 laps.

Anyway Congrates Elliott on a job well done.
just guessing

Seattle, WA

#10 Jun 15, 2009
congrats to elliott! top 15 is better than way down like 30th....finish he's had of late, no matter whether they relied on fuel game (as others did) or pit strategy as others do, he got a top 15 and thats a good day!
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#11 Jun 15, 2009
Just once I wish he could pass cars on the track and not rely on some sort of strategy. Maybe next week.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jun 15, 2009
I actually seen him pass people "on the track." It's the first race (not counting Dega or Daytona) that I seen his car do that all year, it was a nice run and it would be nice to see that carry forward.
open your eyes

Foley, AL

#13 Jun 15, 2009
What race were you all watching? He passed cars and had good pits and got up to 12th place, that was not fuel mileage. Just happens he had enough gas to get to the start finish line and ok maybe he gained a spot but he was running 15 and 14 most of the race once he got the position. Mark Martin is the one that was counting on gas mileage because if Biffle and Johnson hadn't run out he wouldn't have won, Elliott would have finished no worse than 13 or 14th regardless, that is where he was running before others started running out of gas.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#14 Jun 15, 2009
sassy4smoke wrote:
And before those guys ran outof gas he was in the top 15 for the last 40 or 50 laps.
When 75% of the field is running 2/3s throttle the last fuel run, I wouldn't call it much of a feat to hang with them. At least be realistic!
cak

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jun 15, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
<quoted text>When 75% of the field is running 2/3s throttle the last fuel run, I wouldn't call it much of a feat to hang with them. At least be realistic!
Most race winners become the winner due to strategy. Do you take something away from Martins win because he won due to the 16 and 48 running out of gas? Or, do you just want to bash Elliott every chance you get? Why do you come here?

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#16 Jun 15, 2009
Well I have seen Jeff, Jimmie, Carl, Tony, Kurt, JR and others win a race because of rain or fuel mileage and such. Now holy hell if Elliott would have won they really would have been complaining. No matter what he finished better then Allmendickhead because he RAN OUT OF GAS. In the words of my grandson DUMBASS!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 09

United States

#17 Jun 15, 2009
I was actually listening to his in-race communications and ES said that the car was handling the best it had all day during that last run! They made an air pressure adjustment and ES came on the radio and said something like...Dang!!!...that air pressure is what we been needing!!! He probably could have drove it to a top 10 finish, but he was told by Kevin to save around a gallon of fuel and he must have done it as he said the car was out of gas as soon as he got to the Finish line? It was a good finish for him and showed the signs of the improvement I have been looking for all season!

Since: Feb 09

United States

#18 Jun 15, 2009
Oh yes...for most of the race his car would not come to him till after a few laps and then he was running top 5 and 10 laps times. That is when he was passing cars and gaining positions. With a better starting position he might have been in or around the top 10 most of the day?

I say that we should have something to look forward to next weekend as he is one of the top road course drivers! Heck he had a solid top 5 finish in that race last year ruined by a late race caution and the ensuing long red flag delay allowed one of his tire time to loose too much air and he fell back to a 19th place finish! Lets hope he can repeat that run this year and be able to bring it home this time?

Since: Jun 09

United States

#19 Jun 15, 2009
I hope his luck is changing for the better. He deserves it.
Wondering

Austin, TX

#20 Jun 15, 2009
esadlern1fan wrote:
I say that we should have something to look forward to next weekend as he is one of the top road course drivers!
His career average finish at road courses is 18th, that does not make Sadler a top road course driver at all. But I guess it is better than his over Cup average finish of 23rd if you have to look forward to something.

How about putting a full month of good finishes together first? That way we can honestly talk about improvement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web