Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1444 Nov 26, 2010
sassy4smoke wrote:
Evening all or should I say Morning. lol Wanted to stop and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Day. I am heading tomorrow to moms until Sunday.
I saw the knee specialist today and they drained 20 cc's pf fluid out of my knee. UGH!!! I wasnt ready for that to be done and then she gives me several injections of steriods in it. Now yall know I hate needles. Tonight I am suffering because this has madeit hurt worse then it did before. But I am sure it will get better soon. She said nothing was torn or anything that she could tell. So I got lucky this time.
Mom is doing good we ate lunch with her today and she ate more then I have seen her eat in MONTHS!!! I am so glad.
Lil man had a wonderful birthday on Sunday. He had a few friends over to play and they had so much fun.I posted pictures on facebook if you want to check them out.
Well have to go its [ast my bedtime and I am tired.
Hugs to all and be safe and have a wonderful gobble gobble day. Sending hugs and lots of love!!
Sorry to hear about your knee..hope it is feeling better now. Glad to hear your mom is doing better and glad to hear Lil man had a fun time at his birthday party Sunday. Have a good day. The cold weather is coming!!..The wind howled all night night here..I'm sure it's blowing it's way to PA.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1445 Nov 26, 2010
We must all be in a freeze as it was in the teens here in southwest TX last night. Waiting to see if I have to work tonight. This is messing up my whole system.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1446 Nov 29, 2010
Katie in Texas wrote:
We must all be in a freeze as it was in the teens here in southwest TX last night. Waiting to see if I have to work tonight. This is messing up my whole system.
wow...I'mrestraining myself from making a snide comment about "global warming."

Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1447 Dec 4, 2010
Howdy from Texas, hope everyone is doing well.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1448 Dec 6, 2010
Katie in Texas wrote:
Howdy from Texas, hope everyone is doing well.
Doing good enough...just freezing. I do NOT like winter..and, it is just starting :-(. How are you doing?

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Stoystown, PA

#1449 Dec 6, 2010
Hey Everyone, winter is here and we have SNOW!!!!! Lots of it. Yall know I love it but its to darn cold for me. Went to moms this past weekend and had a nice time but had to head home early because of the weather. Glad we did we hit some bad roads coming up the mountain. Was behind a State truck and it didnt even look like he was plowing the roads. But we madeit home ok.
Hope everyone is staying warm and is well. Knee is holding up just wish the shots wouldhave helped but oh well I will make it. Always do. Hugs to all.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1450 Dec 7, 2010
sassy4smoke wrote:
Hey Everyone, winter is here and we have SNOW!!!!! Lots of it. Yall know I love it but its to darn cold for me. Went to moms this past weekend and had a nice time but had to head home early because of the weather. Glad we did we hit some bad roads coming up the mountain. Was behind a State truck and it didnt even look like he was plowing the roads. But we madeit home ok.
Hope everyone is staying warm and is well. Knee is holding up just wish the shots wouldhave helped but oh well I will make it. Always do. Hugs to all.
good to hear from you Sassy. Will say prayers that you get some relief for that knee. Hope your mom is feeling some better, too!

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1451 Dec 7, 2010
Doing pretty well here in Texas. Cooler but still tolerable most of the time. Back and hip holding their own, LOL. Blessings of Christmas to everyone.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1452 Dec 8, 2010
Hey all please pray for a dear friend who has found out she has breast cancer. She is also a NASCAR fan and a really great lady. Thanks all.
Kat
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1453 Dec 10, 2010
Katie in Texas wrote:
Hey all please pray for a dear friend who has found out she has breast cancer. She is also a NASCAR fan and a really great lady. Thanks all.
Kat
Will do, Katie. I got real busy at work this week and neglected this site. My friend's dad is having some type of 'cryo' surgery to slow down the growth of the cancer in his kidney and lung. Surgery is today. Please pray for success and a speedy recovery. It is not a cure, but is supposed to slow down the growth/spread and buy him some time. I've never heard of it.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Stoystown, PA

#1454 Dec 10, 2010
Kat and Mikey I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Wish they would find out why so many people have it and find a dang gone cure. For some reason alot of people have it and they just dont seem to be able to know why or find a cure.

Sending hugs to all from a very cold and snowy western,Pa. With more to come this week coming. lol

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1455 Dec 10, 2010
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Will do, Katie. I got real busy at work this week and neglected this site. My friend's dad is having some type of 'cryo' surgery to slow down the growth of the cancer in his kidney and lung. Surgery is today. Please pray for success and a speedy recovery. It is not a cure, but is supposed to slow down the growth/spread and buy him some time. I've never heard of it.
I looked it up as I had not heard of it before. I had heard of using it for prostate but not kidney cancer.Blessing to all.

http://www.galil-medical.com/kidney-cancer-cr...
TaMyJaxFL

Blackshear, GA

#1456 Dec 13, 2010
Merry Christmas Ya'll!! I hope it is the greatest one you have ever had!!
God bless each one of you!=)

(First times in a LONG time I've been able to stop by)

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1457 Dec 14, 2010
TaMyJaxFL wrote:
Merry Christmas Ya'll!! I hope it is the greatest one you have ever had!!
God bless each one of you!=)
(First times in a LONG time I've been able to stop by)
Merry Christmas to you to. Good to see you! How are things?
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1458 Dec 16, 2010
TaMyJaxFL wrote:
Merry Christmas Ya'll!! I hope it is the greatest one you have ever had!!
God bless each one of you!=)
(First times in a LONG time I've been able to stop by)
Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well and you and your loved ones (family and friends) have a Merry Christmas as well.!!
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1459 Dec 16, 2010
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked it up as I had not heard of it before. I had heard of using it for prostate but not kidney cancer.Blessing to all.
http://www.galil-medical.com/kidney-cancer-cr...
..thanks Katie!..I'll look into this tonight after I get home from work. Thanks so much.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1460 Dec 16, 2010
Thanks all for the prayers. My friend's father had the 'surgery' on the 10th. I have not spoken to my friend yet. She gets depressed with this kind of stuff (understandably) and, when depressed, is not one to call people up and update them. From her daughter, I have heard that the surgery was done, as planned. Her dad had to stay in the hospital a few days as his one lung collapsed, but he has been released and is recovering at home. I will begin the process of trying to get in touch (by phone) with my friend this weekend. She is pretty much at her dad's place a lot. I'm always afraid of calling when she might be sneaking in a nap (no one gets enough sleep when taking care of someone they love). Anyway, hopefully, they'll get thru the holidays without any set backs. Her mom (her dad's wife) passed away the same day her husband did (11/7/08). I don't know how she keeps on going--except for her kids and grandchildren.

Bless all of you and thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#1461 Dec 19, 2010
Mikey fan wrote:
Thanks all for the prayers. My friend's father had the 'surgery' on the 10th. I have not spoken to my friend yet. She gets depressed with this kind of stuff (understandably) and, when depressed, is not one to call people up and update them. From her daughter, I have heard that the surgery was done, as planned. Her dad had to stay in the hospital a few days as his one lung collapsed, but he has been released and is recovering at home. I will begin the process of trying to get in touch (by phone) with my friend this weekend. She is pretty much at her dad's place a lot. I'm always afraid of calling when she might be sneaking in a nap (no one gets enough sleep when taking care of someone they love). Anyway, hopefully, they'll get thru the holidays without any set backs. Her mom (her dad's wife) passed away the same day her husband did (11/7/08). I don't know how she keeps on going--except for her kids and grandchildren.
Bless all of you and thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
His lung collapsed? I do not get that! I thought these microwave procedures are done in the office? The older we get the more this will happen. I will not be suprised to see more multi generational family homes in the future. Bringing up kids and grandkids while caring for aging parrents. My parents are gone but I see so many families in this situtaion already. Blessing for the season to all.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#1462 Dec 25, 2010
MERRY CHRISTMAS to my topix friends..

Hope all are in good health and get to spend time with family this weekend. Be careful travelling.
TaMyJaxFL

Blackshear, GA

#1463 Dec 26, 2010
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas to you to. Good to see you! How are things?
Thanks for asking!(Mikey Fan too!) Things are going kinda insane. BUT I am learning to roll with the punches. lol.
Christmas was great (man I am tired!)...I actually blew off the "Party with the in-laws" this year =D HeeHee!! I feel like I'm old enough and blessed to be alive and just didn't need the excessive stress in my Holiday this year...I know, I'm a stinker.
But then, they don't like me anyway (that's actually a GOOD thing). I'm kinda the reason the 'only son' doesn't jump through hoops for those annoying women any more (sisters). I did get him to go up there though... after all it is his Mom and Dad... and we only get one set of those.
I actually thought about all of ya'll and said a prayer for you.
I really hope that your 2011 is an awesome year for all of you. God bless...
OH YEA!!! As of Now (God holding tomorrow) I am cancer FREE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
Dillon loses NASCAR points after car fails insp... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Duh 1 2
More from around the web