First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carole

Cannonsburg, MI

#1 Dec 27, 2009
Awful quiet here. Has everyone moved to a new site?
Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope that it is a better year for Elliott. Maybe Ford will bring him luck. Good health and happiness for 2010.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#2 Dec 28, 2009
Carole wrote:
Awful quiet here. Has everyone moved to a new site?
Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope that it is a better year for Elliott. Maybe Ford will bring him luck. Good health and happiness for 2010.
Not really..it's just there is not much to report on in the off season this year and not any racing news until we get closer to Daytona? I say No news is good news! If you would like some updates on ES then go to Twitter.com and if you have signed up, follow these 2: 19Spotter & Elliott_Sadler ...they post Tweets regularly and not all of it is racing oriented.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#3 Dec 28, 2009
The news is that ESad is spending his time mostly hunting instead of spending time at the shop with a new car and team. I heard a great interview yesterday with Jeff Burton talking about the off season, and the no testing rule. He said that he is spending as much time as he can (up to 4 days a week) at the RCR shop trying to learn as much as possible about his team and car. He also said that he is trying to stay behind the racing wheel (any racing wheel) as much as possible in order to stay sharp.

You won't hear that type of commitment from ESad and the results show. If I was going into my final year of a 'contract', and had not even come close to achieving any of my goals since signing with a race team, I would be spending every waking moment trying to fond what ever is missing.
Rusty

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 28, 2009
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#5 Dec 28, 2009
Rusty wrote:
http://jayski.com/pages/sadnew s2009.htm
Earl was not related to ESad
Rusty

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 28, 2009
OK. I was being a smart a$$ sinnce people was asking for any news. LOL

Since: Feb 09

United States

#7 Dec 28, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
The news is that ESad is spending his time mostly hunting instead of spending time at the shop with a new car and team. I heard a great interview yesterday with Jeff Burton talking about the off season, and the no testing rule. He said that he is spending as much time as he can (up to 4 days a week) at the RCR shop trying to learn as much as possible about his team and car. He also said that he is trying to stay behind the racing wheel (any racing wheel) as much as possible in order to stay sharp.
You won't hear that type of commitment from ESad and the results show. If I was going into my final year of a 'contract', and had not even come close to achieving any of my goals since signing with a race team, I would be spending every waking moment trying to fond what ever is missing.
The Big difference between Burton and His team and ES and his is:

Burton's cars should be Virtually the same as they were in the 2009 season and he has only to learn about the improvements to the cars they already have in the shop?

Since RPM is changing Manufacturers and combining/moving their shops over to Yates, not to mention having to build most of their new Ford cars after that is done...I doubt there is even a new 2010 car for ES to learn from at this time? As far as driving as much as he can...I am sure ES is burning up the back roads and dirt paths in his truck..LOL
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#8 Dec 29, 2009
No real Sadler or racing news right now. Media is pretty much focused on Urban Meyer and Tiger Woods. Got to live in Florida right now to be a news-maker..
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#9 Dec 29, 2009
esadlern1fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big difference between Burton and His team and ES and his is:
Burton's cars should be Virtually the same as they were in the 2009 season and he has only to learn about the improvements to the cars they already have in the shop?
Since RPM is changing Manufacturers and combining/moving their shops over to Yates, not to mention having to build most of their new Ford cars after that is done...I doubt there is even a new 2010 car for ES to learn from at this time? As far as driving as much as he can...I am sure ES is burning up the back roads and dirt paths in his truck..LOL
As usual, you make excuses and miss the point. You are F-ing kidding yourself to think that RPM does not have cars already built and even the ones they plan on using from Roush are not in the shop getting race ready. The point is that there is a marked difference in ESad's attitude when it comes to per-race and pre-season preparation and his idea of that is to go hang out with his buddies in the woods shooting Bambi's daddy. And since you mentioned tweets, go read A.J.'s, he has been helping out and getting acquainted with the new shop and personnel all winter long. Big difference there huh? I don't see any of Kasey's so, I can't comment on what he is doing, but then again, Kasey has some skins on the walls.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#10 Dec 29, 2009
This is what I am talking about (How many times do you hear ESad say something like this doing the off season? You would think that a guy that darn near lost his ride before last season, and once again under performed during the season would show more enthusiasm for the up coming season.)

Im bored in the offseason, if we could race every weekend, Id be happy, Allmendinger said.By the time Christmas rolls around, all you want to do is get back to a race track and race something.

For Allmendinger, its the beginning of a busy race schedule at DIS. He will make his fifth start in the Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 30-31 with Michael Shank Racing and then tackle the stock car portion of Speedweeks and the 52nd annual Daytona 500.

It kick starts my two months of living in Daytona, Allmendinger said of this weeks kart racing.Its OK with me as long as Im racing, Im happy."
http://www.4ever3blog.com/2009/12/29/1223357/...
Once

United States

#11 Dec 29, 2009
We can only wish Elliott would say stuff like that.
drybread

United States

#12 Dec 30, 2009
i thinks elliot aint been thinkin good ever since he got hooked up with that teacher.
Question

Beckley, WV

#13 Dec 31, 2009
When is the baby due????
babynamerevealed

Cornelius, NC

#14 Dec 31, 2009
March 8th according to their baby registery.
His name is Henry according to Elliott's twitter.
http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index....
NASCAR_is_LOVE

Fort Washington, MD

#15 Jan 3, 2010
Elliott just said on Twitter that Henry's not really the kid's name. It's a secret like anyone really cares. Can't say I've marked March on my calendar. Maybe someone can show his kid how to drive a stock car for real. Sadler name is kind of a joke.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#16 Jan 3, 2010
Sad but true! Henry, Hermie, Hank, Hale,...hell why a secret? Do they think someone will steal the name?
NASCAR_is_LOVE

Fort Washington, MD

#17 Jan 4, 2010
Really. They must thunk they're big time celebs, so big time that they have to keep a name a secret. I'm sure Elliott is thrilled about his 1st child but as a NASCAR fan it would be nice to see Elliott pull his head out of his ass so he can start concentrating on his dwindling career. He's quickly become another Joe Nemechek and that's not good.
lmra323

Baltimore, MD

#18 Jan 4, 2010
Right On NASCAR_is_LOVE!!! The NASCAR website seems to be much more interested in the Edwards baby than the Sadler baby ... HUMMMMM ... wonder why????

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/opinion/01/01...

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#19 Jan 4, 2010
NASCAR_is_LOVE wrote:
Really. They must thunk they're big time celebs, so big time that they have to keep a name a secret. I'm sure Elliott is thrilled about his 1st child but as a NASCAR fan it would be nice to see Elliott pull his head out of his ass so he can start concentrating on his dwindling career. He's quickly become another Joe Nemechek and that's not good.
Exactly, well put.

Since: May 07

Kerrville, TX

#20 Jan 6, 2010
NASCAR_is_LOVE wrote:
This is JMO but Joe N. is a great racer. He hangs in there and actually cares. He also does a lot for other venues in racing. I don't have the stats so no attacks please.

I do agree w/ you about keeping the name of the babe a secret. Who cares? Also agree that it would be nice to see ES start doing something w/ his career as a driver. If it doesn't happen this year?........

Lots of other NASCAR drivers having babies. Jeff's Ella has been about the only one who has gotten press time.

Don't think ES's new babe will help get his head in the game unless he wants his head in the game. But - he will get a lot of air time on TV because of his role on Trackside and his bro being there. Since ES has been pretty "thrifty" about his airtime w/ family..... Again, that is JMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web