No confidence
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carole3441

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2009
Read Saturday's scenedaily.com on what Elliott has to say. He sure lacks confidence in himself and the team. Hope Sunday goes better but I have my doubts. What do you all think.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#2 Feb 28, 2009
That's not a happy face in that picture either. He looks stressed.
Lisa in MN

Cottage Grove, MN

#3 Mar 1, 2009
I actually saw the interview on nascar.com live feed, and his head was hung low and when he talked he struggled sometimes to come up with the right words. I think in some ways, he may be regretting ever going to Evernham racing because he thought they might have better equipment than Yates (because Kasey did so well that year), but in reality, they just don't have the budgets to keep up with Gibbs, Hendricks, Roush, etc. Dodge, in general, hasn't been able to move forward and improve these cars. Everytime they seem to take a few steps forward, Nascar changes the car (COT) and they have to start all over. With no money for all the testing and research that is needed to stay competitive, they just don't stand a chance. They will always be mediocre at best and that is so sad to see such a huge personality like Elliott be stuck where he is.
I think today will be a long day, but if he can stay away from the wrecks, he will probably finish middle of the pack. They just haven't figured out this car on these types of tracks, and until they do, I just don't think them being in the Chase is going to happen. It was good to see Kasey figured something out in practice, so maybe teamwork will come into play and they will share some type of information that will benefit Elliott.
Doesn't mean he still isn't hot to look at and fun to watch, though. I like cheering for the underdogs to win. Otherwise I would find the races boring. I loved yesterdays Nationwide race and all the wrecks. Now THAT was entertaining.
Esadler19fan

Princeton, NJ

#4 Mar 1, 2009
I saw that NASCAR.com Live feed as well on Friday. It is noted Elliott definitely weighed his words very carefully. I tend to believe RPM is even worse than GEM. Comparing it to a relationship you cannot make a solid relationship with two people who have their on individual issues to work through and resolve. GEM stunk up the place last year and Petty Enterprises has been horrendous the last few years. Combined what exactly does anyone see as a better ownership opportunity? I feel badly for Elliott because he's in a no win situation with few available opportunities down the road for 2010. He just may find himself on the outside looking in.
Carole3441

New Kensington, PA

#5 Mar 2, 2009
Lisa and ESadler19 fan you both have stated it perfectly. There is definitely many things wrong at RPM (GEM) as there were last year. Elliott jumped into a sinking ship, Gillete didn't know much about racing, Evernham left, Pichard Petty knows alot but has not done well for many years and the combination in just disasterous. I believe that the constant threat of Chrysler folding and dropping NASCAR is a real big problem. I also believe that GM and Chrysler will drop their racing units. This is what many people think should be done. Everyone at GEM that had an inkling that things were going bad left. Heard yesterday from David Ruetimann that he and new crew chief Childers were doing great, on the same page, etc. The name Richard Petty cannot turn this mistake around. Do feel we will loose many of the small teams due to economy. I can understand how frustrated Elliott must be. Post any news from Las Vegas you hear. I couldn't watch had to see a friend who lost her husband and don't know why my faves were at the bottom. Thanks.
lmra323

Gwynn Oak, MD

#6 Mar 2, 2009
I was listening to the scanner yesterday for most of the first half of the race. I love his new crew chief. He was very calm, supportive, and realistic.

Mr. Sadler, on the other hand, needs to CALM DOWN! The car was a complete wreck and he was still complaining loose in, tight in, etc ... HECK they did a great job just keeping him out there driving around.

The crew chief even thanked the crew for all their hard work. Did E chime in and agree? Did he thank the crew? NO!!!

He needs to stop whining.

When I couldn't stand it anymore, I switched to Greg Biffle. WHAT a difference! He was focused on his car but he was also paying attention to the things on the track. He wanted to know who he was racing. He wanted to know his fuel window. He wanted to know why certain drivers were on pit road. He asked about blown motors in other cars. RARELY did I hear him complain about his car.

If I were in E's position of almost losing my job once (and very publicly) I certainly would shut up and drive the car!
Shawna

Ennis, TX

#7 Mar 2, 2009
Anyone think he has realized his days are numbered?

Elliott Sadler showed up physically for a media interview Friday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but the happy go lucky comedian of past was no where to be seen. Sadler was elsewhere, not looking at reporters, not understanding questions, getting annoyed.
http://insiderracingnews.com/Writers/CF/03020...
newatthis

Middletown, NY

#8 Mar 2, 2009
lmra323 wrote:
I was listening to the scanner yesterday for most of the first half of the race. I love his new crew chief. He was very calm, supportive, and realistic.
Mr. Sadler, on the other hand, needs to CALM DOWN! The car was a complete wreck and he was still complaining loose in, tight in, etc ... HECK they did a great job just keeping him out there driving around.
The crew chief even thanked the crew for all their hard work. Did E chime in and agree? Did he thank the crew? NO!!!
When I couldn't stand it anymore, I switched to Greg Biffle. WHAT a difference! He was focused on his car but he was also paying attention to the things on the track. He wanted to know who he was racing. He wanted to know his fuel window. He wanted to know why certain drivers were on pit road. He asked about blown motors in other cars. RARELY did I hear him complain about his car.
If I were in E's position of almost losing my job once (and very publicly) I certainly would shut up and drive the car!
But based on what has been said, should anyone wonder why GEM/RPM wanted to get rid of him? How much time does he spend with the crew and understanding the car?

After what he went through over the off-season, I would think, if he really wanted a future in racing, he would be doing everything possible to improve the car, work with the crew, and attempt to PROVE your ability. If not for RPM, but for his possible future employer and sponsor ...

I doubt it is just his fans that listen to his scanner and know what his crew dealing with?
lmra323

Gwynn Oak, MD

#9 Mar 2, 2009
AMEN newatthis! My thoughts exactly. Just the difference between those 2 drivers yesterday was unbelieveable!

This new guy is so patient and actually NICE to him and listens to him and then when they do what E wants them to do, and it doesn't work, he blames them. Yesterday it was the air pressure in the tires.

Oh well ... he's a big boy and he should know what the situation is AND he should be dealing with it ...
toofunny

Springfield, VA

#10 Mar 2, 2009
lmra323 wrote:
Maybe people should realize that GEM was not the bad guy in trying to cut the dead weight. Elliott Sadler has been whining over the scanner for years....why do you think crew chiefs have given up on him over the years. We tried to listen to him at Richmond on the scanner and we changed over to Dale Jr and Kevin Harvick...what a difference! He needs to give it up....how many times did he loose it yesterday???!!!
19fan

Hollywood, FL

#11 Mar 2, 2009
Actually Elliott did thank his guys and Kevin for the good job that they had been doing all day. He did it before Kevin did. I too like Kevin, is very calm and good for Elliott. I understand his frustration, he got hit more than once early on which did him in for the day. I guess I would whine too. Granted there are races that he whines without much reason but yesterday I think he had reason. He did ask who he was racing for position, he keeps up with what is going on on the track like the others, he does this every race. I think he needs to be cut a little slack over yesterday. He took some hard hits and none of us know how that affected him, he is probably sore.
toofunny

Springfield, VA

#12 Mar 2, 2009
maybe so, and I will be the first to say that you would not find me out there taking those hits.....but in today's economy and the game of big bucks, soreness and whining are not going to cut it!
Esadler19fan

Princeton, NJ

#13 Mar 2, 2009
One of the reasons I did not renew my Trackpass membership at NASCAR.com is because I could not go through another season listening to Elliott whine on the radio. Does the car suck? YES absolutely. But does whining through the entire race change it? Or should he just accept it, dig in, and do whatever it takes to at least attempt to be positive?
cak

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Mar 2, 2009
I can't stomach the thought that Elliott "whines." Geez, I HATE a whiner......
Lisa in MN

Cottage Grove, MN

#15 Mar 2, 2009
cak wrote:
I can't stomach the thought that Elliott "whines." Geez, I HATE a whiner......
I almost had to shut off the trackpass yesterday because I was so disappointed in Elliott. I was hoping that he would realize that he needed to be more of a team player and trust in his crew chief to make some tough decisions, but he just couldn't stop the whining. He would go on, and on, and on, and on about an issue and Kevin stayed so calm. What a good crew chief. I liked when he told Elliott..."we will fix it when we pit, but right now you need to drive it the best you can." I wanted to yell through the trackpass to Elliott and say..."What can they possibly do to fix it while your racing on the track? They aren't magicians and can wave a wand to make all the problems go away. Wait until you pit and do the best you can." I was not very proud to be a Sadler fan yesterday. It was tough! But on to Atlanta and hopefully a better attitude....maybe?!
cak

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 2, 2009
As much as I love Elliotts accent I have a feeling it doesn't sound so sexy when he's using it to whine....cripes, what a disappointment.
lmra323

Holly Springs, NC

#17 Mar 2, 2009
Sorry cak - he is truly a professional whiner. It's awful. Now that doesn't mean he whines in the most important place other than the track!!

Lisa - I agree 100%! I did turn it off and listened to others.
Esadler19fan

Princeton, NJ

#18 Mar 2, 2009
I don't know if any of yawl are members of his fan club (I am). Message posting traffic on his message board is minimal at best. Two weeks in a row I started a "good luck Elliott" race day thread and less than 3 posted to it. That scanner traffic does reveal a bunch about his character unfortunately. I certainly understand the frustration but fussin'/ complaining isn't gonna fix it 'til the next pitstop. Channel the energy ES!!!

“Life is EXACTLY what u make it”

Since: Aug 08

Hershey, PA...chillin' in SC!

#19 Mar 2, 2009
Esadler19fan wrote:
I don't know if any of yawl are members of his fan club (I am). Message posting traffic on his message board is minimal at best. Two weeks in a row I started a "good luck Elliott" race day thread and less than 3 posted to it. That scanner traffic does reveal a bunch about his character unfortunately. I certainly understand the frustration but fussin'/ complaining isn't gonna fix it 'til the next pitstop. Channel the energy ES!!!
I joinedhis fan club 2 years ago, and after i FINALLY got my fan club pack in like the middle of AUGUST, i said NEVER again. What a flippin rip off!

Since: Feb 09

United States

#20 Mar 2, 2009
ES had every reason to complain about how his day had been ruined by others on the track and how his car was junk afterwards!!!! If you were to listen to nearly every other driver when they have that same kind of trouble or the car is not driving well you would hear just as much complaining or even worse!!! I am sure Greg Biffle was not complaining as badly as ES as he still had a top ten car and no one wrecked him!!! It almost hypocritical for you to complain that he is whining on the radio because I am sure all of us will do that or worse if someone on the highway was to almost wreck our cars or is keeping us from where we want to go!!! If

Sure he is not happy that they have not given him the good driving equipment he expected to have by now! I thought you read or heard what he said... RPM is behind now do to the testing ban and we can only hope that they hit on something that will help them be more competitive in the next few weeks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web