Sadler Fan Club "Gift"
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
NUTS

Angola

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Anybody on here a member of the Sadler Fan Club?

Just curious what everyone thought of this years "gift"?

Instead of a fan pack of bumper stickers & race related stuff, which is what's usually expected. Fan club members paid $30 for a can of nuts this year(price for membership also increased $5 from last year).

I love Elliott, I know that this kind of stuff doesn't land solely on him and Hermie, so it's really not their fault. Although I have to think they have to provide approval for such things. I just thought this was insanely funny. First, aren't peanuts bad luck in NASCAR? second, who's the genius behind this nutty idea? I bet there's atleast one fan club member out there that's deathly allergic to peanuts, as it's one of the #1 food allergies out there. Somebody in Sadler land has lost their mind. I can't imagine they'll have many fan club members in 2010. I'd rather not spend $30 on peanuts.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6a07vCcAqB8/SgWFGgU...
carole

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Jul 15, 2009
You've got to be kidding!!!!! This is a real slam to the fans who joined. I have not joined in several years as I still support Elliott but was always too far away to enjoy anything in VA. or at the tracks. How stupid-$30 for peanuts. Oh well, this is just the way his career and life are going.
My Reality Check Bounced

Berwyn, IL

#3 Jul 15, 2009
That's kind of hilarious actually! Maybe it supposed to be some kind of "collectors" item and it will one day be sold at auction at Sotherby's as a rare artifact of the NASCAR era!!

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#4 Jul 15, 2009
Maybe it's the Sadler bros. way of saying "We're nuts and to show you how nuts we are, we're going to send you a can of nuts. Ain't it nuts?" I'm not a memeber of Sadler fan club but I would be pissed if I paid thirty bucks for a can of peanuts. When you open the can does Elliott pop out? lol
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#5 Jul 15, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
Maybe it's the Sadler bros. way of saying "We're nuts and to show you how nuts we are, we're going to send you a can of nuts. Ain't it nuts?" I'm not a memeber of Sadler fan club but I would be pissed if I paid thirty bucks for a can of peanuts. When you open the can does Elliott pop out? lol
You are 100% right..the not-so-subtle message is "you people are nuts/idiots to be a fan." Maybe next year, he'll send a can of his poop so he can literally $h*t on his fans. Maybe Amanda is in charge of the fan club "gift." Kind of sounds like something she'd come up with. I come to this forum for entertainment purposes and because I care about some of the long time posters that prayed for a friend of mine while he battled cancer last year. As far as racing goes, I like Michael (as a person) and cheer for him but, realistically, I cheer for Stewart and Newman--2 guys that are "down-to-earth."...u nlike the "infamous "ESad."

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#6 Jul 15, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% right..the not-so-subtle message is "you people are nuts/idiots to be a fan." Maybe next year, he'll send a can of his poop so he can literally $h*t on his fans. Maybe Amanda is in charge of the fan club "gift." Kind of sounds like something she'd come up with. I come to this forum for entertainment purposes and because I care about some of the long time posters that prayed for a friend of mine while he battled cancer last year. As far as racing goes, I like Michael (as a person) and cheer for him but, realistically, I cheer for Stewart and Newman--2 guys that are "down-to-earth."...u nlike the "infamous "ESad."
I like Sadler for two reasons; 1. he is gorgeous, and 2. he is country, country, country!! BUT, he does seem like a spoiled jock who got every thing he ever wanted, every girl he ever wanted, you know what I mean? I will still look at him and drool (lol) and I still love his accent and the fact that he loves hunting, fishing, outdoors, etc.. But the man can't race for crap!!! As far as Amanda picking out the fan club gifts, I don't think so. From what I have heard on here and several other places that she hates his fans and she hates racing so you could be right on that.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#7 Jul 15, 2009
God for 30 bucks you got nuts? I would send them back with a request for a refund and instructions on where they can put the nuts. That is awful! I would be so insulted!

Since: Jun 09

United States

#8 Jul 15, 2009
When you join Ryan's fan club, it is only $26 and you get t-shirts, decals, stickers, etc. He really knows how to treat his fans.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#9 Jul 15, 2009
RyansGirl39 wrote:
When you join Ryan's fan club, it is only $26 and you get t-shirts, decals, stickers, etc. He really knows how to treat his fans.
Thats because Ryan is a class act and he really cares for his fans. I am not saying that the Sadler guys dont care for their fans but hell for a can of nuts I could buy Cashews, and alot of them!!!!!
Wondering

United States

#10 Jul 15, 2009
The 'shortlugnut' dude used to write about stuff like this and how Sadler fans were getting screwed over and over for years. I always thought he was just a pissed off guy, but it looks like he saw something we didn't. Now I am beginning to see that not only Sadler can't perform on the track, you will F*** over his fan while doing it.

Peanuts???? Are you kidding me?
newatthis

Cuddebackville, NY

#11 Jul 16, 2009
But doesn't it make more sense to give a t-shirt? How expensive is a tshirt and how much would it cost to do the print. If you do it in bulk, it probably doesn't cost more than $7 a shirt. And not only that it gets your name out there more.

The past few months I have attended many little league games (I have 2 sons). There were a couple of dads there wearing tshirts advertising there business. They're union plumbers, electricians, etc., but have a side-business for extra money.

Many times people would see their tshirt and say 'oh you do plumbing, I didn't know that. I need work done ...'
NUTS

Feria, Spain

#12 Jul 16, 2009
http://3eyedrebel.blogspot.com/2009/05/elliot...

Read this blog. It'll give you a chuckle. Glad someone had the will to give them a call. Stupid and yes tshirts would've been cheaper and a better marketing tool. Someone send them marketing for dummies. I also noticed that Hermie's website is better than Elliott's. Especially in regard to photos. Instead of a tiny thumbnail, you can actually view full sized pictures on his site. If Elliott's paying someone for this kind of representation, I hope he's not offering any more than minimum wage. A freshmen in college with one semester of Marketing 101 could do a better job.
lmra323

Ellicott City, MD

#13 Jul 16, 2009
Correct-a-mundo newatthis! I've heard the whole t-shirt autograph thing in NASCAR started with Richard Petty. He would sit there after a race and sign whatever was put in front of him. Sold the cheap t-shirts out of his trunk!

It's all about marketing!
carole

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jul 16, 2009
That blog listed in #12-NUTS post says it all! I am still laughing over the remark of the fan club-AKA 'peanut gallery'. Well worded and very true.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#15 Jul 16, 2009
That blog is too funny. Did Hermie and Elliott really approve this? Apparently both of these guys have lost thier balls or really don't care.
TaMyJaxFL

Blackshear, GA

#16 Jul 16, 2009
Thanks for the blog link..FUNNY!
And I guess, since all the others out here in the "peanut gallery" are much to classy to say it...yep, I will:
I wonder who, it seems, like would be most suited to say the line "I have Sadlers nuts in a can"...HHUMMMM doesn't it sound like 'A'?
HHAHAHA!!
Sorry. I just couldn't resist.
TaMyJaxFL

Blackshear, GA

#17 Jul 16, 2009
OOOooo, One more thing:
If they could get this 'new' engine to run on peanut power, he could let us in the peanut gallery know...we JUST HAPPEN to have some we could donate for the cause!! lol

“You Know You Love Me”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18 Jul 16, 2009
I'm not a fan club member, but if all I got for my money was a can of nuts, I think I'd smack Elliott upside the head with the nuts.
rebelle

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jul 17, 2009
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

**wipes tears from eyes**

Poor guys, they must not have good taste. Or good marketing people. T-shirts are cheaper to mail and produce than a hefty can of nuts. Or is the can pocket-sized, like Skoal?
its bleep-ing cold here

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 17, 2009
rebelle wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
**wipes tears from eyes**
Poor guys, they must not have good taste. Or good marketing people. T-shirts are cheaper to mail and produce than a hefty can of nuts. Or is the can pocket-sized, like Skoal?
that would be handy, you could carry Elliotts nuts in your back pocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web