Carole

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

A great sponsor, a great cause to drive for but yet didn't get out of the 20's. Does anyone have the latest excuses for Elliott? Did anyone listen in on the radio? Perkins? I can see why he doesn't have a ride for next year-he just doesn't have the real desire to win. Does anyone think Parrott is helping him? Can't believe RPM's cars are that bad.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Carole wrote:
A great sponsor, a great cause to drive for but yet didn't get out of the 20's. Does anyone have the latest excuses for Elliott? Did anyone listen in on the radio? Perkins? I can see why he doesn't have a ride for next year-he just doesn't have the real desire to win. Does anyone think Parrott is helping him? Can't believe RPM's cars are that bad.
I have no excuses for this week. But you know I have sat back and watched when he runs in other teams equipment and does a decent job. So who is to say its all driver and not chitty equipment? He does have a win in Harvicks truck and at a track he doesnt really care for Pocono. And he runs well in Harvicks nationwide car and if I remember he didnt do to bad in Jrs car. So I dont think its all driver I do believe its part of Pettys equipment also.
Really

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

First of all Carole, I have to say how ridiculous your comment is. Just because you have a great sponsor and a great cause to drive for does not mean you have a good car. He races for a good cause each week, his own career. It has got to be hard to go out there every week knowing you are being given sh*t for equipment, and don't say its not equipment. He runs well in KHI equipment and JR Motorsports equipment. If the problem was the driver then he would run like sh*t in their stuff too. I listened to the radio and his car was sh*t and they were all working together to come up with something that might work to help them. Why do you always ask for Perkins, you act like he is some NASCAR god and has all the answers, he dislikes Sadler as much as you so I roll my eyes at his comments. Its nice to know that you are in his head and know his thoughts in order to be able to put out there he has no desire to win, he wouldn't try hard every week if he didn't desire to win. The thing is he has probably realized that as long as he is at RPM he doesn't have a chance in hell to win or even run well. Parrott is a great crew chief and they work well together. We will never know what goes on behind closed doors at RPM but I do not find it hard to believe that their cars are bad. You would be amazed at what some people would do to get rid of others and make them look bad and RPM is not beyond giving him bad equipment I am sure. Did you notice how when they signed AJ that all of a sudden he was a contender up front and Kasey started running bad? Hmmm. Kasey has been golden boy up until that point, he had been running well but when he said he was leaving it all went to hell for him too. Hopefully Sadler gets the chance to run with a team that believes in being a team and working together and can prove others wrong, whether it be cup, nationwide or truck. Nationwide and truck are both a lot more interesting to watch than cup, cup has gotten boring. All the changes that NASCAR has made on the cup side has made it a snoozer.
So glad he isn't with RPM next year.
I know I am gonna get slammed for not hatin' on or trashing Sadler and for the fact my ip is norway, but that's ok. I know that I am not in norway and I know I don't switch sides like flipping the light switch like some do.
Carole

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Hi Really-Enjoyed your put down of my comments.I have always been a fan of Elliotts for years but just feel sorry for him now. If my post upset you-sorry. I was hoping to get some info from the radios on why things were not better for him. I thought his car looked great and I am happy that Stanley supports him at least for a few more races. I am also hoping he gets a chance next year and don't care which division it is in. I know nothing about Perkins but he always seemed to answer posts in a way that was not a put down. I won't post with that kind of remarks. Anyway, thanks for your answers and everyone is entitled to whatever they think. I am still a fan of his.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Really wrote:
Just because you have a great sponsor and a great cause to drive for does not mean you have a good car.
Doesn't mean you have a bad car either
He races for a good cause each week, his own career.
Here is a thought, how about spending more time with this career during the week at the garage instead of in the woods?
It has got to be hard to go out there every week knowing you are being given sh*t for equipment, and don't say its not equipment.
If he said that, then he would be a liar.
He runs well in KHI and JR equipment. If the problem was the driver then he would run like sh*t in their stuff too.
If there were 30 or more quality race teams in those lesser series, you might have a point. But since only a handful of teams can actually race for a win, and the rest or field fillers, it is what it is.
I listened to the radio and his car was sh*t and they were all working together to come up with something that might work to help them.
The car was tight, nothing more nothing less. The problem is that the CC has to take into consideration that if the car is loosened up too much, ES will quit trying and give up. The car would come to ES in long runs (a good thing at Kansas) but ES could not make the driver adjustment in the first 10 or so laps to maintain position.
Why do you always ask for Perkins, you act like he is some NASCAR god and has all the answers,
rolls eyes
Its nice to know that you are in his head
The 'give up' has been well documented over the years. Its clear to hear and even see on the track.
The thing is he has probably realized that as long as he is at RPM he doesn't have a chance in hell to win or even run well.
Menard will not be back next year either, yet he is running well. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.
Parrott is a great crew chief and they work well together.
This statement was fact 5 to 10 years ago. Like ES, what has he done lately?
We will never know what goes on behind closed doors at RPM but I do not find it hard to believe that their cars are bad. You would be amazed at what some people would do to get rid of others and make them look bad and RPM is not beyond giving him bad equipment I am sure.
So a race team in search of future sponsorship stability is not purposely tanking and conspiring agianst a lame duck driver and the positive for doing that is what now? Es has also been running Roush equipment during this time, I guess we should add the Cat in the Hat to the conspiracy theory.
Did you notice how when they signed AJ that all of a sudden he was a contender up front and Kasey started running bad?
A.J. has been running good all season long (remember the 6 or so top 15 finishes early in the season)
Hmmm. Kasey has been golden boy up until that point, he had been running well but when he said he was leaving it all went to hell for him too.
and started on the pole this weekend and was running in the top 10 all day till his tire blew up. hmmmmmmm
Hopefully Sadler gets the chance to run with a team that believes in being a team and working together and can prove others wrong, whether it be cup, nw or truck.
another bad conspiracy theory with not teeth
NW and truck are both a lot more interesting to watch than cup, cup has gotten boring. All the changes that NASCAR has made on the cup side has made it a snoozer.
Yeah, watching the same dozen cars in the top ten all race long, while the rest of the field cannot even go a full fuel run and stay on the lead lap is so much better than cup.
I know I am gonna get slammed for not hatin' on or trashing Sadler and for the fact my ip is norway, but that's ok. I know that I am not in norway
And you are not from San Jose either. How is the weather in VA this time of year?
Really

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

I knew you would come back and tear it to pieces sentence by sentence Perkins. You are always right according to you. I don't know what the weather is like in VA since I'm not from there but I'm sure you could find out by watching the weather channel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elliott Sadler Discussions

Search the Elliott Sadler Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••