Look what I found (with Debbie's help)

Posted in the Elliott Sadler Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
lmra323

Hillsborough, NC

#1 Aug 8, 2008
http://www.vancnews.com/articles/2008/08/08/e...

Make sure you haven't eaten within 3 hours of opening that link.

Notice it doesn't say a word about his current profession.

As a wise person wrote to me "They truly deserve each other"
lmra323

Hillsborough, NC

#2 Aug 8, 2008
A few paragraphs down is this wedding announcement:

Ms. Ophelie Boinot and Andrew Jefferson Butts were married June 21, 2008, in Bicentennial Park, Williamsburg, Va.

Does that make her married name O-feel-ee Butts???

You can't make this stuff up!!!!!
Tony fan

Canton, MI

#3 Aug 8, 2008
What a ridiculous picture. The tshirt will look great in 10 years. His trying to look her age is sad.
phoenix

Kinston, NC

#4 Aug 8, 2008
lmra323 wrote:
A few paragraphs down is this wedding announcement:
Ms. Ophelie Boinot and Andrew Jefferson Butts were married June 21, 2008, in Bicentennial Park, Williamsburg, Va.
Does that make her married name O-feel-ee Butts???
You can't make this stuff up!!!!!
I didn't see that one lol. I beleive I would keep my maiden name.

I also can't take credit for finding that, Mylo sent it to me in an email yesterday, that Susan sent to her.
lmra323

Hillsborough, NC

#5 Aug 8, 2008
It was a group effort!!!

He could have at least worn a golf shirt or something.

L-

Since: May 07

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Aug 8, 2008
Have to repsond to everyone on here. How funny. Yes it was a ridiculous picture and even more ridiculous announcement. It's more important that he owns a UPS franchise than being a NASCAR driver? Stealing the line from "Runaway Bride" - wherever he's going he will be there by 10:00 tomorrow morning.

Hope Katie in Texas checks this out - I've actually read about it in newspapers and magazines. The franchise of H.E.B. was found by Henry E. Butt and he had two maiden sisters named Ima and Ura. The big joke (which is still going around TX) was that H.E.B. and Piggly Wiggly were going to merge and re-name all the stores "Wiggly Butt".

In a neighboring town (from where I grew up) there was a family named Braa. The mother's name was Iona. I definitely would have kept my maiden name. I still have the phone book to prove it (in case anyone is wondering).
pmp indianapolis IN

Brownsburg, IN

#7 Aug 8, 2008
The picture looks cheap. Looks like an add for a new lot in a trailor park. Doesn't compare to the LisaJohn pictures.
Mikey fan

Oak Harbor, OH

#8 Aug 9, 2008
theo wrote:
Have to repsond to everyone on here. How funny. Yes it was a ridiculous picture and even more ridiculous announcement. It's more important that he owns a UPS franchise than being a NASCAR driver? Stealing the line from "Runaway Bride" - wherever he's going he will be there by 10:00 tomorrow morning.
Hope Katie in Texas checks this out - I've actually read about it in newspapers and magazines. The franchise of H.E.B. was found by Henry E. Butt and he had two maiden sisters named Ima and Ura. The big joke (which is still going around TX) was that H.E.B. and Piggly Wiggly were going to merge and re-name all the stores "Wiggly Butt".
In a neighboring town (from where I grew up) there was a family named Braa. The mother's name was Iona. I definitely would have kept my maiden name. I still have the phone book to prove it (in case anyone is wondering).
regarding funny names, when we were kids, we used to make phonecalls to Harry Butz..found his name in the phonebook. He had it taken out and had an unlisted number the next year...

she has the same middle name as Jennifer Brooke Gordon,also,she pursued "her" man just like Brooke did. Turned out (in Gordon's case) that it was all for the money and nothing else. Well, it was tough for Jeff for a few years, but his second marriage seems much better. I'm sure if A and E go the same way as Jeff and Brooke did, Jeff will be able to tell E to 'hang in there'..from personal experience.

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Aug 9, 2008
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
regarding funny names, when we were kids, we used to make phonecalls to Harry Butz..found his name in the phonebook. He had it taken out and had an unlisted number the next year...
she has the same middle name as Jennifer Brooke Gordon,also,she pursued "her" man just like Brooke did. Turned out (in Gordon's case) that it was all for the money and nothing else. Well, it was tough for Jeff for a few years, but his second marriage seems much better. I'm sure if A and E go the same way as Jeff and Brooke did, Jeff will be able to tell E to 'hang in there'..from personal experience.
Many years ago I was at a party and there was a bowl of fake fruit on the dining table (bananas, oranges, grapes, etc.). A gal at the party was pretty "bubbly" and decided we should have a fruit party. She went through the phone book looking for people with fruit names. She finally found "cherry" and called the number. A man answered and she said, "Is this Mr. Cherry? This is Mrs. Pineapple and we're having a fruit party and wondered if you'd like to come? The oranges, apples, bananas are coming as well as the grapes." Thank God there wasn't caller id back then or we all would have been in jail. Mr. Cherry had been a police man for over 35 years.
Concerned

Emporia, VA

#10 Aug 9, 2008
He does not look like the old Elliott I remember. He looks very preppy - not himself. I also think that pic is kinda lame. Most engagement pics are with people nicely dressed.
Fanforhimnotwhat hedoes

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2008
He doesn't even look truely happy in that pic. That smile looks pushed,not really genuine. That sure isn't the famous E smile that I remember. It seems that smile has faded in the background of who he once was.
Fanforhimnotwhat hedoes

United States

#12 Aug 9, 2008
Wedding Plans -- It's nice to see Elliott happy. He and Amanda are working away to get everything together for the wedding.
Brett on SFC. Sickening!!!
planned

Emporia, VA

#13 Aug 9, 2008
Fanforhimnotwhathedoes wrote:
Wedding Plans -- It's nice to see Elliott happy. He and Amanda are working away to get everything together for the wedding.
Please, those plans have been completed. Rumor had it that they were engaged around Dec but no one saw the ring then within a week of becoming "offically" engaged, they have a date and EVERYTHING planned. Sounds a little fake to me. Wonder why they thought they needed to keep it a secret for 7 mon?

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Aug 9, 2008
Fanforhimnotwhathedoes wrote:
I've been cruising the SFC site and can't find Brett and his sickening comments (am really tired and bored tonight)! Don't really give a rip but could you give me a clue? Thanks!
Stolen

Rockford, IL

#15 Aug 9, 2008
isnt that nice he is wearing the same shirt he wore at the fan club bowling thing...the picture of him and A must have been taken outside behind the bowling alley

http://www.sadlerfanclub.com/08sfcevents/08Bo...
think about it

Wayland, MA

#16 Aug 10, 2008
I thought Hermie was the Jr of the group not his dad? Didn't Brett and his wife have a baby this month?(she couldn't be in Lisa's wedding cause she was gonna give birth soon?) I agree that this "marriage" was planned way in advance. Maybe they didn't list Elliotts current job, because he is not gonna have one much longer.
Karen and Kevin

Johnson City, TN

#17 Aug 10, 2008
That is the tackiest engagement photo I have ever seen. I have see poor people with not a penny to their name put more effort into it. As for the smile I have seen him smile bigger after he has hit the wall and hurts so bad he can barely move. I hope as the job discription states he soon is nowhere in NASCAR because his fans deserve better. The Sadler camp isnt honest about much it seems just add this wedding to the stack. She was telling her students about it before the end of the year because they were telling their parents who were telling locals who were telling us. Maybe if you are going to try to cover things up you should teach her to shut her trap. This was April/May that I heard.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#18 Aug 10, 2008
theo wrote:
Theo,
I have heard that as when I moved to TX we always called it HEB instead of H.E.B.. Its like the HOGG family who had twin brother Edward and Edwin and twin sisters IMA and YARRA. NO Sh!t. One of the ladies I met at the conferences last name was Cockfield. Poor kids??
As for the announcment who the hell in that area does NOT know what he does for a frickin' living??
I met the Chief Nurse from the Emporia hospital on the first day. I did not mention I was a NASCAR or an ES fan. Will save that for later. LOL

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Aug 10, 2008
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Theo,
I have heard that as when I moved to TX we always called it HEB instead of H.E.B.. Its like the HOGG family who had twin brother Edward and Edwin and twin sisters IMA and YARRA. NO Sh!t. One of the ladies I met at the conferences last name was Cockfield. Poor kids??
As for the announcment who the hell in that area does NOT know what he does for a frickin' living??
I met the Chief Nurse from the Emporia hospital on the first day. I did not mention I was a NASCAR or an ES fan. Will save that for later. LOL
I do remember hearing about the Hogg family when I lived in Dallas. I think they were from Ft. Worth (or Houston?). Know they also had boatloads of money. There was a well to do family in the midwest named Tune and they named their kids Looney and Merry. Go figure.
NOYB

Norfolk, VA

#20 Aug 10, 2008
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Theo,
Why mention that he's a NASCAR driver? It's not like most people don't already know it, and yes, that's what he does, but he also has Elliott Sadler Enterprises. Why throw in everyone's face what everyone already knows? I would have thought putting that he was a NASCAR driver in there would have been tacky, not the picture as you all have been so wonderfully pointing out.
The picture was not taken outside a bowling alley or trailer park. It was taken at the beach after they got engaged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web