Race Payout
Carole3441

Noblesville, IN

#1 Mar 24, 2009
Can anyone help with this? The Bristol race payout for the Richard Petty team were as follows:
Kasey Kahne -$143,398
Allmendinger -$91,225
E. Sadler -$99,975
Sorenson -$127,676
I can understand Kasey as he placed 5th., but Reed Sorenson placed 23rd. behind both AJ and Elliott. Why should his money be more? Is there a sponsor connection here or are the totals tied to each drivers contract? Hope someone can help here.
lmra323

Gwynn Oak, MD

#2 Mar 24, 2009
It's a complicated formula. If you look at the rest of the payouts for other teams, you can see additional 'inequities.' I think a lot of it has to do with their contracts, sponsors, etc ...

Greg Biffle ALWAYS makes the least on the Rousch team (except this week he didn't have a great finish).

You'd probably need some inside info to figure it out.
jmo

Freedom, PA

#3 Mar 24, 2009
sponsors, kasey has bud and they pay more money out, then perhaps best buy does for elliott and reed sponsor pays more too(I dont know who he was sponsored by for bristol race)...
where you finish does not equal the money most always...its your sponsor and their bucks.
they had article last year on nascar.com about the payout and in nascar illustrated too!
lots of factors go into.
cak

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 24, 2009
I've heard that it has to do with contracts and sponsors. Some contracts provide for more money based on where the driver finishes. Not much help I know but thats what I've read.
Carole3441

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Mar 25, 2009
Thanks everyone for the info. I also thought it might be contracts and sponsors but saw such differences in certain drivers. Appreciate the come backs. Our boy Elliott had another so-so day. He sure started out great and I thought perhaps we would have another super finish but then back to things not dialed in right I guess. Did any of you listen to the scanner? Wonder what happened. I know Kevin wasn't there but still hoped all would go well. Have a great day. It is warming up here in Michigan. Yea! We moved back from Florida last fall and I have hated the snow and cold temps. Can't wait for summer.
cak

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 25, 2009
I hear ya! Been a terribly snowy winter here in MN. I can't wait to feel sun on my face! We are having a rainy, cold, gloomy week of weather. Makes me sad and crabby.

Hope Elliott does better this weekend, although, if I remember correctly this is not his best track.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#7 Mar 25, 2009
I think he has run well at Martinsville in the past and the last 2 times he was there. In the Spring race he over came a back injury to finish 15th and in the fall race he was running well and moving up through the field when he was wrecked and had to get repairs to just finish the race. So who knows how well he will run this weekend? I do know that they said they expect Kevin Buskirk to be back on the pit box and maybe then pit crew will not sabotage any good track position he may have?
Wondering

Austin, TX

#8 Mar 25, 2009
Good God! It is always someone else's fault. The only reason Elliott moved through the field last week was not pitting the 1st two cautions, and then each segment later fell back through the field. As of today, Kevin won't be on the box, but does that really matter? Elliott goes through crew chiefs like we go to the bathroom. Even Evernham could not help him, why should Loomis? I just wish Elliott would pass some cars under green instead of doing that under cautions. Who is with me?

United States

#9 Mar 26, 2009
You are stating the obvious!!! We all know he gained track position by not pitting and was holding his own while up there. Sure he fell back to 7th or 8th by the time they had to pit, but if the pit crew had of been on their game and got him back to around where he was before pitting then his lap times were good enough to keep him well ahead of the tail end of the lead lap! He would of never been in danger of going a lap down like he did? He did pass cars on the track during the race Sunday and then got loose when the car lost front end grip after the unusually long green flag runs they had during the race. His lap times during most of those runs and the way he was able to hold off Kyle Busch for several laps and then was able to stick with him for several more tells me that that one bad pit stop ruined what could have been a much better finish that 20th! Of course, there are those who only look at the results and interpret it as Elliott Sadler did not do enough to make the car go faster! They donít care what might have happened during the race that could have caused ES not to finish better. No they only care that he didnít finish in the top 10 so its all his fault!!!! Are you one of those People?
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#10 Mar 26, 2009
SADler dropped a few spots in the quality pass stat, so I don't think he did much passing if any under green. Of his 51 quality passes, over 40 of those were at Daytona. That stat is a good one to gauge how well a driver is doing. I read somewhere that SADler said this year there are "no excuses". I guess he is going back on that statement too.

United States

#11 Mar 26, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
SADler dropped a few spots in the quality pass stat, so I don't think he did much passing if any under green. Of his 51 quality passes, over 40 of those were at Daytona. That stat is a good one to gauge how well a driver is doing. I read somewhere that SADler said this year there are "no excuses". I guess he is going back on that statement too.
No excuses are being made by him, just the facts that he has not had the breaks and the cars other have had so far this season! He hasn't made many quality passes, but he did make a few last weekend. Whenever they do give him cars that are good throughout the race and allow him to make quality passes with then you will see that stat get better!
Wondering

Austin, TX

#12 Mar 26, 2009
Oh contraire my miss guided friend, those same cars hasn't slowed Kasey down and this has been going on for years now. I saw a preseason preview about Elliott and that the only way he has delivered is when he has the perfect car. There are 40 plus other drivers that can do that. What sets the front runners apart from the alsorans is taking a not so perfect car, and driving it. Some can do that, others can not, Elliott has shown through out his career that he cannot.

What is the quality pass stat and where do I find it? I have never heard of this before.
William K

Rockwell, NC

#13 Mar 26, 2009
no matter what you think, you don't get any points for passing anyone

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

#14 Mar 26, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Oh contraire my miss guided friend, those same cars hasn't slowed Kasey down and this has been going on for years now. I saw a preseason preview about Elliott and that the only way he has delivered is when he has the perfect car. There are 40 plus other drivers that can do that. What sets the front runners apart from the alsorans is taking a not so perfect car, and driving it. Some can do that, others can not, Elliott has shown through out his career that he cannot.
What is the quality pass stat and where do I find it? I have never heard of this before.
I've heard of it before and I believe I've seen it in Sporting News Nascar Edition. You don't get points for quality passes but somebody is keeping up with them.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#15 Mar 27, 2009
The Quality pass is a stat of passing a car for position that is in the top 15 while UNDER GREEN. A.J. and Kasey have 2 1/2 more quality passes using the same equipment.

Since: May 07

Kerrville, TX

#16 Apr 3, 2009
This is a very interesting discussion and I appreciate all your thoughts. Today it seems that ES will be starting in the 43rd position. The go or go homers are getting ready to que and ES is in the 42nd position. JMO and I really don't understand the money thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web