HELLO - Anyone home?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
carole

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Boy has it been quiet on this site!!! Has everyone gone to a new forum? PLease let the rest of us know where to find you. Granted Elliott's news has been dismal including another poor finish last week. Won't be long till he is out of there.
Esadler19fan

Trenton, NJ

#2 Aug 25, 2009
Not much to talk about when your favorite driver is running near last week in / week out. Thank goodness my other two drivers (Truex/Special K) are running well.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#3 Aug 25, 2009
yea--I've been busy working (thankfully), running to the lake on weekends and rest of the time worrying about whether or not I'll be working after/IF this healthcare reform bill passes.

I've switched my alliances to Stewart (about 2 weeks ago) and look what happens. Maybe it's me...who do ya'll want to see lose--I'll cheer for THEM!!!

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#4 Aug 25, 2009
Still an ES fan just gives my ulcer a work out every weekend hoping outcome will be better.

Since: Feb 09

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Aug 25, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
yea--I've been busy working (thankfully), running to the lake on weekends and rest of the time worrying about whether or not I'll be working after/IF this healthcare reform bill passes.
I've switched my alliances to Stewart (about 2 weeks ago) and look what happens. Maybe it's me...who do ya'll want to see lose--I'll cheer for THEM!!!
I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!
Cheer for everyone EXCEPT Elliott!!
ryansgirl39

United States

#6 Aug 26, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
Please start cheering for that little snotty azz, whiney Kyle Busch. I can't think of anyone who deserves to lose as much as him.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#7 Aug 26, 2009
ryansgirl39 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please start cheering for that little snotty azz, whiney Kyle Busch. I can't think of anyone who deserves to lose as much as him.
...you're not the only suggesting I 'cheer' for Kyle Busch LOL!!
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#8 Aug 26, 2009
Hey Katie---do you have any "inside scoop" on swine flu??

“RACING RULES ”

Longview, Tx

#9 Aug 26, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
Hey Katie---do you have any "inside scoop" on swine flu??
WELL ... not much more than anyone else. Our corporate takes the CDC advice. We have been asked to stock up on N95 masks, isolation gowns, gloves, regular masks and isolation BP cuffs, thermometers and stethoscopes. One thing that surprized me is they upped the isolation level on it from respiratory to airborne precautions. There are not enough isolation rooms with the reverse airflow in hospitals to combat this flu if it gets bad. Best advice wash your hands, stay out of huge crowds, if you run a fever over 101 F and feel like you have been beat with a stick then call your Dr and take his advice.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#10 Aug 27, 2009
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL ... not much more than anyone else. Our corporate takes the CDC advice. We have been asked to stock up on N95 masks, isolation gowns, gloves, regular masks and isolation BP cuffs, thermometers and stethoscopes. One thing that surprized me is they upped the isolation level on it from respiratory to airborne precautions. There are not enough isolation rooms with the reverse airflow in hospitals to combat this flu if it gets bad. Best advice wash your hands, stay out of huge crowds, if you run a fever over 101 F and feel like you have been beat with a stick then call your Dr and take his advice.
thanks...good info. If you don't mind, update us every once and awhile. Sometimes the media doesn't tell the whole story. I agree with you on not enough reverse airflow rooms in hospitals.

“RACING RULES ”

Longview, Tx

#11 Aug 27, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks...good info. If you don't mind, update us every once and awhile. Sometimes the media doesn't tell the whole story. I agree with you on not enough reverse airflow rooms in hospitals.
Did you see where the airforce academy had a huge outbreak already? Pass me the hand sanitizer, gloves and a mask!
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#12 Aug 27, 2009
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see where the airforce academy had a huge outbreak already? Pass me the hand sanitizer, gloves and a mask!
I'm a dietitian and our annual conference is in Denver in October. I've gone out there (to Denver) for the conference twice before and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the conference when it's in Denver. We are deciding to watch our money and not go to it this year and I've been bumming out about it, big time. Well, with the news about the Air Force Academy, it makes it a little easier not to go. When the conference is in Denver, you see a lot of "uniforms" at the conference....it's the cadets that are studying to be dietitians that are attending the conference. This year, anyway, it looks like I'd be walking into a health crisis if we went. NO WAY in the world, do I think this neophyte government will handle this flu (if it becomes widespread) any better than they've managed anything else they've jumped in to (ie..'cash for clunkers, failed bailouts, etc..). In a way, I'll wonder if any blunders will be, in some way, intentional....would take the focus off of a lot of other problems. Gosh---I HOPE I'm just suffering from a case of cynicism tonight!!

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#13 Aug 27, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
Mike, I am curious. I have been semi-following the latest debates in healthcare reform, mostly because I work in the healthcare industry. You really think that you WON'T have a job if some kind of healthcare reform occurs? Really???
Please explain how you would lose your job. I am not being rude, but this is the strangest thing I have read in awhile because I don't see how healthcare reform could make someone lose their job, but I don't know, maybe your job hinges on some crux of the healthcare reform I wasn't aware of for dietitian's?
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#14 Aug 28, 2009
Librahoppa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, I am curious. I have been semi-following the latest debates in healthcare reform, mostly because I work in the healthcare industry. You really think that you WON'T have a job if some kind of healthcare reform occurs? Really???
Please explain how you would lose your job. I am not being rude, but this is the strangest thing I have read in awhile because I don't see how healthcare reform could make someone lose their job, but I don't know, maybe your job hinges on some crux of the healthcare reform I wasn't aware of for dietitian's?
I work in Nursing homes.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#15 Aug 28, 2009
..maybe I should elaborate. Most residents are over 70. If the final bill that is passed is anything like the initial bill, it doesn't appear that much will be done for individuals after they reach 70 years of age. That is a shame as I was just at a facility, last week that had a birthday party for a 106 year old resident. She looked like she could be 76--no kidding...and still is very sharp mentally. A shame to stop caring for people like that (who have been taxed and paid into Medicare all along) just because they are over age 70. No, I don't think they'll "pull the plug" on them..I just don't think they will be able to have certain procedures because they are older and "going to die anyway."

Since: May 07

Pocahontas, IA

#16 Aug 28, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
..maybe I should elaborate. Most residents are over 70. If the final bill that is passed is anything like the initial bill, it doesn't appear that much will be done for individuals after they reach 70 years of age. That is a shame as I was just at a facility, last week that had a birthday party for a 106 year old resident. She looked like she could be 76--no kidding...and still is very sharp mentally. A shame to stop caring for people like that (who have been taxed and paid into Medicare all along) just because they are over age 70. No, I don't think they'll "pull the plug" on them..I just don't think they will be able to have certain procedures because they are older and "going to die anyway."
Probably not a popular item with every one's opinion on health care. But, this is JMO and directed at Mikeyfan. I agree with everything you have said. My Dad died in a nursing home. He was also military (purple heart, 2 gold stars, silver star, etc.). We asked the government for help (since he was a vet and entitled to certain benefits). After much phone "speak" we were finally informed that because my Dad had made a success of himself (WTF?- sorry) there were much more deserving people that needed the benefits because they were homeless, etc. WHATEVER!

We ended up paying for the whole mess and after many requests we still can't get his medals. It took the govt. 2 yrs. to get us his headstone.

I probably sound bitter - I'm not as I knew my Dad's feelings on serving his country and he never did need the acknowledgement that went with it. He just wanted his family to be okay and treated with respect and given the benefits that were promised him (and his family) after spending two yrs. in a foxhole.

It's very sad that after what we all pay in for SS and medicare that we probably won't see it in our ifetime. I didn't see it in my Daddy's lifetime because he was over 70 and was going to die anyway. I know what you are talking about Mikeyfan beause I have lived the experience.

Godspeed to all and the crisis we are in!

“RACING RULES ”

Longview, Tx

#17 Aug 28, 2009
Amen Theo.

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#18 Aug 28, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
uh....okay....so how does that affect dietitian's again?
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#19 Aug 29, 2009
Librahoppa wrote:
<quoted text>
uh....okay....so how does that affect dietitian's again?
Decrease in number of residents living in a nursing home...decrease in the hours needed for a dietitian to come in and work. Just going from 40 hours per week to 30 or so--not enough to be officially unemployed but, hey, YOU try living on less income with the price of EVERYTHING increasing, not to mention, what the lives of these poor people will be like when they no longer "qualify" for certain medical procedures. I really just think that people who were taxed for something their entire working lives, should be able to benefit from what their taxes went to--sorry you disagree.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#20 Aug 29, 2009
Katie in Texas wrote:
Amen Theo.
well said..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web