NASCAR's bad boys go at it

K. So Sunday wasn't an especially good day for me. George Clooney did not win Best Actor and Dale Earnhardt Jr., in spite of starting on the pole, did not win the Kobalt Tools 500 in Atlanta. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Beverly

Casselberry, FL

#1 Mar 10, 2010
Look to me that Carl Edwards did what needed to be done, Brad Keselowski has be picking a fight with Edwards even last season in the Nationwide serises. Keselowski took out Edwards at Daga last season, and for some strange reason, he started the same old crap this year. It was a job that needed to be done, Edward stepped up to the bat.
weedeater

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Mar 10, 2010
Wait for the boos at Bristol for ole carl.I Just hope ole carl does not pitch another riod fit and drive into the booing stands.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Mar 10, 2010
I imagine Kyle Busch will enjoy Bristol a little more than usual. The fans will have another villain to boo. With 120 thousand people in a fish bowl, Cousin Carl should rightly know what people think of him, good or bad.

“Let's go racing boys!!”

Since: Feb 09

Farmington

#4 Mar 10, 2010
I am one to agree with NASCAR's punishment, BK has been asking for this for a long time. He has wrecked countless drivers and Carl is not the first to verbally announce that wrecking him was on purpose. Remember Denny did it last year at Homestead. There are plenty of drivers who wanted to do it. I am guessing Carl got quite a few dinner invites after Sundays race.
hop sing

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Mar 10, 2010
Nascar is the only so-called sport where the only thing to talk about is a wreck. What, just sit and watch cars go around a track, about like watching paint dry.
Go Number 9

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2010
hop sing wrote:
Nascar is the only so-called sport where the only thing to talk about is a wreck. What, just sit and watch cars go around a track, about like watching paint dry.
Cornfucis say, "in china many man smoke but fu manchu"
sickofem

Farmington, NM

#7 Mar 10, 2010
hop sing wrote:
Then don't watch it! Go paint your shack!
weedeater

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Mar 10, 2010
Carl......carl.......oh carl......got a five dollar foot long for you...uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh!
Raymond Babcock

Topeka, KS

#9 Mar 10, 2010
well lets get down to business retalate race car driving i would watch that if the cars were remote controled or how about less nascar and more racing and offical nascar jerk at ever drivers pit stop there are way to many rules i like to watch racing not some jerk makin sure you dont break any rules
racingfan19

York, PA

#10 Mar 10, 2010
I don't think the punishment was harsh enough. Other drivers that done less (Harvick,Gordon, Stewart, etc..) got more of a stiff penatly than Edwards. Should have suspended him for 3 races not just slap his hand.

“Let's go racing boys!!”

Since: Feb 09

Farmington

#12 Mar 10, 2010
racingfan19 wrote:
I don't think the punishment was harsh enough. Other drivers that done less (Harvick,Gordon, Stewart, etc..) got more of a stiff penatly than Edwards. Should have suspended him for 3 races not just slap his hand.
really?? did you not hear NASCAR tell the driver to "have at it!" they cant say that then punish for doing just that.
Ireland Rose

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Mar 10, 2010
ShrubFan18 wrote:
<quoted text>
really?? did you not hear NASCAR tell the driver to "have at it!" they cant say that then punish for doing just that.
Totally agree with you on that. Carl got screwed and Nascar needs to make up their minds. Don't tell the driver to have at it and be themeselves and then park someone for doing just that. Interesting that Brad did not get into trouble last year when he wrecked Carl and sent him flying through the air. Seems like the bully drivers get away with everything, while the respectable ones get the shaft.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#14 Mar 10, 2010
Brad isn't going to change his style of driving because of Carl. Carl can't intimidate Brad with his bully tactics. The next Carl trys to cut across Brad's front end, Brad won't lift and MR. ED will get turned again. Watch and see.
racingfan19

York, PA

#15 Mar 11, 2010
ShrubFan18 wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't mean to try and hurt/kill someone. They mean go back to to bumping and drafting. Not hit someone on purpose which is exatly what Edwards did. If you watched the race, Edwards tried to wreck Brad laps ago and missed. So don't tell me that it wasn't intentionally. I am not saying no wrecks aren't or not supposed to happen that is why people watch racing. Just don't be azzholes and wreck someone on purpose. Just proves that the driver(s) is acting like a jerk.
racingfan19

York, PA

#16 Mar 11, 2010
Maybe some drivers need to get off their high horses and stop thinking that they have to finish in the top 12 and realize that not everyone (no matter how good they are) can't always finish first. Some need to just go up.
Toby

Ocala, FL

#17 Mar 11, 2010
Well that about sums it up..cept it's been so chilly down here in Florida (yeah I know..FLORIDA cold?..) my thermos of choice is a nice hot cup(s) of coffee with a slug(s) of Baileys..goes down so smooth...like choco milk..looks refined...and no one need know...But I digress...Maybe...just maybe...Carl got the old ball rolling...and some of those drivers will decide it's time for paybacks...and HA! I can think of 2 or 3...or 10 or 20 who owe "Mr. Carl" a few smacks...even one or two of his own team mates! NOW that would be cool. Would good old Jack think the "boys go at it" mindset covers the cost of the cars if mild mannered Kenseth took out his own team mate "Eddie Haskell Cousin Carl"? Hey..three wide at Talladega...Biffle Edwards Kenseth...squish...a sandwich served up hot for NASCAR! Do I dislike Brad..not at all. Seems to me the veterans are whining just a little too much..they just can't stand a rookie actually racing them..maybe they just aren't used to it..but why should Brad give up his hard earned real estate for Cousin Carl or any other driver on the track...if a driver earned it...it's his... I think there are too many veterans who are looking for the easy route... When NASCAR said "go at it boys" I don't recall there being an asterisk stating "*That applies ONLY to the veterans and chosen ones". It seems to me Mr. Edwards has caused his share of wrecks..and that bleeds over to the wrecks with Mr. Kez....not all Brad's fault. So grow up Carl...you got your revenge..and although I didn't like what I saw I am hoping to see alot more of it...with you on the receiving end. Hopefully Brad will take this lesson and "sharpen" his skills so he won't piss off the "chosen ones"...but I do hope he doesn't lose his swagger...Old Spice will need someone to take Tony's place when he retires.
jr fan

United States

#18 Mar 11, 2010
John Beverly wrote:
Look to me that Carl Edwards did what needed to be done, Brad Keselowski has be picking a fight with Edwards even last season in the Nationwide serises. Keselowski took out Edwards at Daga last season, and for some strange reason, he started the same old crap this year. It was a job that needed to be done, Edward stepped up to the bat.
So tell me.....if Keselowski would have died on Sunday then it still would have been ok for Edwards to purposely wreck him???? I think NOT !!!
sickofem

Farmington, NM

#19 Mar 11, 2010
racingfan19 wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't mean to try and hurt/kill someone. They mean go back to to bumping and drafting. Not hit someone on purpose which is exatly what Edwards did. If you watched the race, Edwards tried to wreck Brad laps ago and missed. So don't tell me that it wasn't intentionally. I am not saying no wrecks aren't or not supposed to happen that is why people watch racing. Just don't be azzholes and wreck someone on purpose. Just proves that the driver(s) is acting like a jerk.
You guys are acting like this is the first time someone has been wrecked intentionally. It happens every race!! You think all those spin outs and turns are accidents? NOT!! Intentional wrecks happen all the time. They may not be so obvious but they happen. Carl had no way of knowing that spin would send him sailing. Yes he meant to spin him out, but no he did not mean for him to become air borne.
jenn

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Mar 11, 2010
i beleive retalation is wrong, no matter who it is. you can't go around and use your car as a weapon..take it up in the hauler. or better yet lets have a boxing match afterwards..
SleepDataSleepzz zzzz

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Mar 11, 2010
Proof is on the track and office of NASBORE. Those redneck officials know how boring their races are, so they resort to idiotic ideas in order to gain ratings on the tube. The effort is still failing, after recent polls on declining viewers. Just another version of WWF wrestling, except the fighting rink is a merry go-round.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web