Richard Petty Motorsports To Leave Dodge Camp? All Signs Point to Yes

Jun 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bleacher Report

With the announcement today that Richard Petty Motorsports drivers Kasey Kahne and Elliott Sadler are to share a Braun Racing ride in a limited Nationwide Series schedule this summer and fall, ... by Bryan Davis Keith 4 43 reads Opinion With the announcement today that Richard Petty Motorsports drivers Kasey Kahne and Elliott Sadler are to share a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Judged:

I am all for it if it would give Elliott Sadler better cars to drive and in turn allow his to be more competitive than he has been so far this year on the non-plate tracks!!!
Farmer Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

elliott has hit the wall too many times or something, because it doesnt matter if its a yates car, RPM car, hendrick car, or a roush, i dont think he has it anymore. hes lost it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Farmer Tom wrote:
elliott has hit the wall too many times or something, because it doesnt matter if its a yates car, RPM car, hendrick car, or a roush, i dont think he has it anymore. hes lost it.
I guess that is your opinion, it is not mine! I say that if you give him the cars as good as the top drivers are getting and I strongly believe you will see him up front and in position to win races just like those drivers! The real question is will he ever get that chance?
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

He never had it to begin with. One flash in the pan season is all he has. His problem is that he joined the wrong racing series years ago. He chose stock car racing that actually requires skill, when he should have gone to Indy car where the cars turn equally and only require keeping momentum. Just like his go-carting days.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Elliott's contract demands verses his results are skewed. In this day in age and economy he is making too much money for the returns he is giving to his sponsors. Its the drivers like A.J. , Ruetimann and Vickers who are not demanding tier one money who are going to thrive in today's NA$CAR and the drivers who can't produce but demand the big bucks are the ones who will have to resort to being a host on the Speed Channel.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

It's very likely that Elliott's not back with RPM next year. So now comes the question, who picks him up...if anyone? His results haven't been there for several years now, so really the only thing going for him (making him appealing) right now is that the sponsors love him.

But do I see a Gibbs, Stewart-Haas type team picking him up? Nope. Maybe something more like EGR, if that.

I'm not saying this to rile people up or piss them off, I'm just trying to be realistic here. I do like Elliott, no matter how all this sounds to all of you.
William K

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Kasey Fan Forever wrote:
It's very likely that Elliott's not back with RPM next year. So now comes the question, who picks him up...if anyone? His results haven't been there for several years now, so really the only thing going for him (making him appealing) right now is that the sponsors love him.
But do I see a Gibbs, Stewart-Haas type team picking him up? Nope. Maybe something more like EGR, if that.
I'm not saying this to rile people up or piss them off, I'm just trying to be realistic here. I do like Elliott, no matter how all this sounds to all of you.
If KK leaves, that may end RPM

Since: May 07

Ayrshire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Kasey Fan Forever wrote:
I have to agree with you. I like ES and he probably could be a good driver - but with the economy and what not - he might not make the cut. JMO.

Since: May 07

Ayrshire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

William K wrote:
<quoted text>
If KK leaves, that may end RPM
You just might be right. It would be a shame. Several "reports" have said KK is looking. Any updates on that - let us know. Thanks!
FORDMAN

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

If I were Richard Petty, I would sell my small stake in RPM and demand that the name be changed so that the Petty family won't be associated with Toyota.
William K

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

if Toyota will help out, then I would go to Toyota.
carole

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Way to go Elliott!!! A 12th. place finish is great. He was the highest placing RPM driver today. Happy for him. Maybe this will be a needed push for the rest of the year.
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

'fuel mileage' top 15.... pass the salt.
William K

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Wondering wrote:
'fuel mileage' top 15.... pass the salt.
the whole top 20 was fule mileage, so finishing where he did was pretty good. He actually ran there most of the day and picked up one or two spots as the end from 15th to 12th I think when they ran out on the last lap.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

This race was a step up from anything else seen this season, or the last for that matter. Elliott raced his race and didn't worry about what others were doing. They just need to take this result and keep the momentum going in the positive direction.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

If ES can get a good top 5 or 10 at Infineon this weekend, then that success could help give the 19 team and ES himself something positive to build on? I say he has the skill to do it...he just needs a good car and the right fuel strategy to have a chance at doing it?
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

esadlern1fan wrote:
If ES can get a good top 5 or 10 at Infineon this weekend, then that success could help give the 19 team and ES himself something positive to build on? I say he has the skill to do it...he just needs a good car and the right fuel strategy to have a chance at doing it?
and I SAY he needs results! Pulling a rabbit out of a hat 1 in every 10 or so races is not results and not showing the skill to do it. I still look at a mediocre 18 team a few years ago, they had resources but no driver. The owner found that driver now, just as he did with the 11 team a few years before. The 'phenom' driving the 20 team his a ticking clock too, just as SADler does. RESULTS, not excuses!!!! Everyone has those
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

esadlern1fan wrote:
I am all for it if it would give Elliott Sadler better cars to drive and in turn allow his to be more competitive than he has been so far this year on the non-plate tracks!!!
I agree, IF Sadler is still there, then it'd be great to see some Toyota Technology maybe help him to perform alot better. Obviously Dodge is the weakest link when it comes to manufacturers in the Nascar Cup series, and look how well Gibbs did when they, with their own engine program, entered into an agreement with Toyota. Mikey Waltrip Racing and Red Bull get their engines from Toyota Racing Development (TRD) facility based in California, and RPM has their own engine program which i think is a great benefit, especially to get the strongest manufacturer of the four in the series behind you.
I think Red Bull, from what the comments i heard from GM of Red Bull Jay Frye said today, the chances of Toyota being in Red Bull's future look bleak, as with Frye's history with Hendrick, they may be switching to Chevy's, which is what Vickers had what little success in his Nascar career was done behind the wheel of the bowtie, my prediction is Red Bull switches to Chevys, and RPM picks up their place in joining the Toyota family. I heard during the offseason that Gillette tried to buy Bill Davis Racing not only for the owner points for a fourth team, but to get in the Toyota family as well, he just couldnt raise the funds to make the purchase, yet was able to to get Petty Enterprises, that's a bit odd.
I also wanted to say IF as far as Sadler because of what happened during the offseason when they tried to terminate him to put AJ Allmendinger in his seat, which would've been a mistake and im glad the Sponsors threatened to walk if Sadler was let go, thus, keeping Sadler. Also, during the Michigan weekend, there were rumors that due to the layoffs last week at RPM because of the manufacturer cut in support, that RPM may have to cut a team in August and that Reed Sorenson was rumored to be the guy going to get it, however, AJ was apparently looking for another ride, by his choice, for next season. He worked very hard at the beginning of this season to secure a two year contract, this year and next season, with RPM and now he's looking elsewhere, many have found that to be odd. Also, read just today that the Gillette's are selling their hockey team, which means they now have some capital(cash) to go and if they want to get into the Toyota family, if they did sell which hasnt been announced, then they have the funds to do so.
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Kasey Fan Forever wrote:
I think if he's gone, and he could very well be, than i'd put my money on Penske Racing and putting him in the 12 Cup ride to replace Stremme. Dodge seems to be very fond of him, he's a very good spokesman for sponsors, and with the horsepower that Penske has improved on this year, i say it's a good fit and a ride/seat that may be under the radar this season.
FORDMAN

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Richard needs to sell his stake NOW! Demand they change the name. The Petty name should not be affiliated with Toyota, sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elliott Sadler Discussions

Search the Elliott Sadler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••