Going through the motions

Going through the motions

There are 132 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 17, 2006, titled Going through the motions. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Jeff Gordon is back as the man to beat in the Daytona 500. Other than that, not much of a preview emerged from Thursday's "Gatorade Duels" twin 150-mile preliminary races.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
TonyFanAnne

Barnesville, GA

#132 Jun 5, 2006
Carey wrote:
Not to be mean, but I didn't think a 25th finish was all that great. I mean, I'm sure Ricky did the best he could and all that, but I have a feeling the 20 team was a little bit disappointed. Not so much in Ricky, but the finish.
I wasn't even "into" the race this weekend. I was more into the 24 team this Sunday when I did watch, and that made me sick, too. Jeff did so good until the end. Neither one of my guys had a great weekend, but at least they're both safe and ok!
I know what you are saying, I too am disappointed, but at least he didn't wreck and get taken out of the race all together. That is why I was saying 25th ain't the worst finish. I couldn't get into it either, I fell asleep after Ricky took over, it was kind of a boring race?
Carey

AOL

#133 Jun 5, 2006
TonyFanAnne wrote:
<quoted text> I know what you are saying, I too am disappointed, but at least he didn't wreck and get taken out of the race all together. That is why I was saying 25th ain't the worst finish. I couldn't get into it either, I fell asleep after Ricky took over, it was kind of a boring race?
Yeah, a little bit boring. I feel bad saying that, because what makes them interesting is the wrecks, and that's at the risk of people's well being.
Bill aka Tony

Lake Forest, IL

#134 Jun 5, 2006
Carey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, a little bit boring. I feel bad saying that, because what makes them interesting is the wrecks, and that's at the risk of people's well being.
It was pretty boring. When Burton took the lead, I got a little excited, but that didn't last.
TonyFanAnne

Barnesville, GA

#135 Jun 5, 2006
Bill aka Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pretty boring. When Burton took the lead, I got a little excited, but that didn't last.
Yes Bill, I did think of you when Burton took the lead. I would have liked to see him win. Oh well, better luck this weekend. Maybe we'll have a little more excitement this Sunday.
Bill aka Tony

Lake Forest, IL

#136 Jun 5, 2006
It should be a better race this weekend. I really like Pocono. The only problem is that I'll be at my house in Michigan--no cable! So I'll have to catch it on Speed Monday. Aww, you were thinking about me.:)
Joyce Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#137 Jun 5, 2006
The race is on Fox at 1:30 Sunday. Here in Indy that is a local channel. Maybe Bill aka Tony you will be able to see the race without cable.
Bill aka Tony

Lake Forest, IL

#138 Jun 5, 2006
That's nice to hear, thanks for the info. I thought we were into the cable only stretch of the season.
TonyFanAnne

Barnesville, GA

#139 Jun 5, 2006
Bill aka Tony wrote:
It should be a better race this weekend. I really like Pocono. The only problem is that I'll be at my house in Michigan--no cable! So I'll have to catch it on Speed Monday. Aww, you were thinking about me.:)
Awww... If you can't catch it, we will provide you with a full update next week!:)
Bill aka Tony

Lake Forest, IL

#140 Jun 5, 2006
wHAT A BUNCH OF SWEET girls.
Dispatcher

Memphis, TN

#141 Jun 5, 2006
Joyce Snow wrote:
The race is on Fox at 1:30 Sunday. Here in Indy that is a local channel. Maybe Bill aka Tony you will be able to see the race without cable.
Do you know a man named Roger?(your name is familiar)
Joyce Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#142 Jun 6, 2006
Dispatcher The answer is yes.....
Past

Copiague, NY

#143 Apr 27, 2009
Blast from the past. The new threads are cancerous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web