Going through the motions

Going through the motions

There are 132 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 17, 2006, titled Going through the motions. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Jeff Gordon is back as the man to beat in the Daytona 500. Other than that, not much of a preview emerged from Thursday's "Gatorade Duels" twin 150-mile preliminary races.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Dale Jr fan

Niceville, FL

#1 Feb 19, 2006
Thought I'd like to let you know that Gordon sucks and that is why he finished in 24th or 25th today and Jr finished in the top ten. Gordon will be lucky if he makes it to the chase.
john

Moultrie, GA

#2 Feb 20, 2006
Jeff who ?
Mike

Wooster, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2006
Gordon's one of the best driver's out there, watch your backs fellas!!!
Double D

Raleigh, NC

#4 Feb 20, 2006
I'm just glad the old Tony is back. Too bad the 48 wasn't beside him.
Mike

Wooster, OH

#5 Feb 20, 2006
Old Tony will have Old Home Depot if he doesn't watch out!
Bama24

Yorktown, TX

#6 Feb 20, 2006
Gordon is Back. If it were not for idot drivers he would have been up there for the win
Treasia

Ward, AR

#7 Feb 23, 2006
oh please, gordon sucks. jr. all the way. gordon is losing following i believe. i sure as heck hope so. haha
Evan Williams

Antioch, TN

#8 Feb 23, 2006
Treasia wrote:
oh please, gordon sucks. jr. all the way. gordon is losing following i believe. i sure as heck hope so. haha
Actually if you look at things Gordon's fan base has never been bigger. Most simply didn't like him because he used to win every other week, most people won't cheer for a good guy for long. Now that he has struggled and everyone has seen that he is human, people have begun the cheer for the 24 again.

And BTW, there isn't ONE driver in NASCAR Nextel Cup that sucks they are ALL incredibly taleneted and don't deserve your 2nd grade bashing. If you don't like the guy, that DOES NOT mean that they suck, you just don't prefer them as a driver so please be more selective with your words.. Oh, and do try to grow up...
20tskh29

Fenton, MI

#9 Feb 24, 2006
Well put Evan. I'm glad to see that there are people interested in intelligent discussion on this forum. I'll admit I'll have no love for Jeff Gordon, but when asked why, I say "Because he's just too darn good, and too pretty." I like scruffy guys.:) But to just say that "I don't like him, he sucks" is something I grew out of with elementry school. Too bad more people can't say the same.
granny29-20

AOL

#10 Feb 25, 2006
hendricks and nascar you done your sowing now you must do the reaping. happy harvest.
Elaine Willis

Oakland, CA

#11 Feb 25, 2006
I don't think any drivers in the Nextel Cup Series "suck." Grow up! These boys are the best in the business or they wouldn't even make it into the race. Even the rookies are talented or they wouldn't be there. Give these guys a break! Complain about yourself for awhile!!!!
Bill

Lake Forest, IL

#12 Feb 27, 2006
an intelligent discussion. All drivers have to have a lot of tal;ent to compete in this series. But some seem to be there just to fill out the field.
Elaine

United States

#13 Mar 8, 2006
To fill out the field while gaining experience.....

Bill wrote:
an intelligent discussion. All drivers have to have a lot of tal;ent to compete in this series. But some seem to be there just to fill out the field.
Bill

Lake Forest, IL

#14 Mar 9, 2006
Or to fill out the field while awaiting retirement
YOU KNOW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Mar 9, 2006
Sterling Marlin,Terry labonte,kyle petty(early retirement)
I Know

Roswell, GA

#16 Mar 9, 2006
Petty NOWAY
Bill

Lake Forest, IL

#17 Mar 9, 2006
As soon as bobby Labonte wins a couple of races, Kyle will quit.
Patti

Roswell, GA

#18 Mar 10, 2006
You do have a point Ive always said petty had a good car all they needed was a good driver Now they have one
Bill

Lake Forest, IL

#19 Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, it would be really awesome to see a Petty car competitive no matter who was driving. And Bobby has the potential. We'll just have to wait and see.
Patti

Roswell, GA

#20 Mar 10, 2006
Yep would be really awsome to see the Kings Car Back up front Even though I'm a Martin Fan I was a Richard Petty fan before that. Ive said from the min I learned Bobby was driving that car would be awsome this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web