Elliott will run the new Dodge engine

Posted in the Elliott Sadler Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lisa

New Hope, AL

#1 Jul 16, 2009
It looks like Elliott will run the new dodge engine at Indy. It appears he has the best results out of the other GEM drivers.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2009
He should have had the new engine and the new cars that comes with it long ago? Who knows how well he could have run with it? I guess we will see in Indy next weekend?
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#3 Jul 17, 2009
He HAS had the newer cars all season. Just look at he pre-race quotes where many times he has referred to the 'lighter cars'. The only difference between he and Kasey has been the handful (and yes, that many just a few times) where Kasey ran the new engine.

You can 'what if' all you want, but that only goes so far, and you have been what if-ing for years.

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2009
Edwin Perkins wrote:
He HAS had the newer cars all season. Just look at he pre-race quotes where many times he has referred to the 'lighter cars'. The only difference between he and Kasey has been the handful (and yes, that many just a few times) where Kasey ran the new engine.
You can 'what if' all you want, but that only goes so far, and you have been what if-ing for years.
ES has only been running lighter cars since Darlington! He has did mentioned hoping to get ltghter cars before that! Even those were not as light as the ones running the new engine! With that lighter engine and smaller Radiator, the teams are able to put even more lead in areas that helps the cars turn better in the corners! Oh yes...over the last 11 races ES has finish better than Kasey 5 times, 3 of those were before he started running the new engine! In the races where Kasey has run the new engine he has an average finish of 11th. In those same races ES has an average finish of 23rd. In the 2 races Kasey did not run the new engine, He hasan average finish of 8th, while ES has an average finish of 10th!!!
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#5 Jul 17, 2009
esadlern1fan wrote:
<quoted text>
ES has only been running lighter cars since Darlington! He has did mentioned hoping to get ltghter cars before that! Even those were not as light as the ones running the new engine!
and how do you know this? Bret doesn't agree with you and take a look a this link where Elliott speaks of the lighter cars.
http://www.ovaltracking.com/features/2008/i_2...
"I think the biggest improvement has been our cars. We've made them a little bit lighter, a little faster."

He said this in June of 2008 and that has been the trend with each generation of new COTs built at RPM. And yes, Elliott has been running brand new chassis through-out the year. At least 4 of them as I recall.

What has saved Elliott in terms of points and finishes as that he has no DNFs this season, which is not an easy feat.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

#6 Jul 17, 2009
esadlern1fan wrote:
<quoted text>
In the races where Kasey has run the new engine he has an average finish of 11th. In those same races ES has an average finish of 23rd. In the 2 races Kasey did not run the new engine, He hasan average finish of 8th, while ES has an average finish of 10th!!!
soooooo are you saying the new engine is not that big a deal? Using your stats, Kasey is doing worse WITH the new engine and that some how translates into a poor Elliott finish on those same weekends. Your stats is classic cherry picking

put here is a stat for you:

at ATL, LV, and Cal, Elliott ran brand new and never tested chassis, and those three chassis have been raced two additional times this season, so yes, Elliott is getting the same and new equipment as Kasey, because Kasey has not had anymore additional never raced chassis since the beginning of the season either. It will be interesting to see what chassis number Elliott runs at Indy though.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jul 17, 2009
I would like to see the difference between a team like Hendrick and the smaller teams as far as the chassis. Just to see how far Hendrick has come with the COT. Does anyone know if they publish the weights of the chasis and other details or just when it was last used and if it's new?

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2009
3 things..

1-The cars they were running last year and earlier this season were not as light as the pones he was running at Darlington and after! That comes from what I heard him say on his Sirius Speedway weekly interview! Of course they were not able to test any of those new car set-ups until that race's weekend so they were coming in blind as to what would be the right set-up for that track? yes they got that wrong and I think it took them til Darlington to figure out what worked better?

2-I was just pointing out how Kasey with the lighter, more powerful engines and the extra lead in the right places has an advantage over ES's cars in those same races and how he has taken advantage of them! Leave it to you find a negative in what was suppose to be a reason to be positive about how much better ES might run with this same equipment?

3- Lets see how he does at Indy with this new engine and the lighter car that comes with it in a normal race before any of us condemn his chances of finishing good? You are starting to sound like another poster from another message board where he is not happy unless ES wrecks out or has a bad run to complain about? you don't hear anything from this poster when ES has a good finish?
Gator

Mobile, AL

#9 Jul 19, 2009
I have Sirius and I have never heard ES say that Kahnes chassis we lighter than his. All he say is that the Petty chassis are getting lighter with each new generation.

I wouldn't get my panties in a wad if I were you Sadlerfan, because just as EP is all negative as you say, you are just the opposite with your speculation and internal optimism. Both of you are blind.

Case in point, if Kasey had lighter cars all season, and with no testing, wouldn't they be just as blind and in actuality doing the testing for when Elliot got lighter chassis? I don't see any sponsor allowing for such favoritism, I know my race team's sponsors at Five Flags would pull out in a heart beat if that was the case. Petty is not doing anything different from what I can see.

On that note, if you are ever in Pensacola, come see the #5 ASA Super Stocks car run, Thats me behind the well, and are in the top 5 in driver points .
KIng dingaling

Little Valley, NY

#10 Jul 19, 2009
I wanted to make sure that you all realize that elliot sucks. He couldn't win a race if he was the only won in the line up.
its bleep-ing cold here

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 20, 2009
That would be "one" not "won".....if you're going to make a stupid comment at least spell correctly.

United States

#12 Jul 20, 2009
Gator wrote:
I have Sirius and I have never heard ES say that Kahnes chassis we lighter than his. All he say is that the Petty chassis are getting lighter with each new generation.
I wouldn't get my panties in a wad if I were you Sadlerfan, because just as EP is all negative as you say, you are just the opposite with your speculation and internal optimism. Both of you are blind.
Case in point, if Kasey had lighter cars all season, and with no testing, wouldn't they be just as blind and in actuality doing the testing for when Elliot got lighter chassis? I don't see any sponsor allowing for such favoritism, I know my race team's sponsors at Five Flags would pull out in a heart beat if that was the case. Petty is not doing anything different from what I can see.
On that note, if you are ever in Pensacola, come see the #5 ASA Super Stocks car run, Thats me behind the well, and are in the top 5 in driver points .
I know I have been guilty of being overly optimistic at times and most of those times I had a good reason to be, but also I also felt it was necessary to do so to offset the overly negative post on here! I have had my spells of being down on ES when he or his team squanders a chance at a great run...like he did in some races last year. But I never will be as attacking and calling ES a hack driver like some one here. If they would just come on and wish him luck an hope he finishes well like true fans do, then I have no reason to counter their attacks with info what sounds overly optimistic!

Also, if Kasey was suppose to be running the same cars ES and the rest of the drivers at RPM, then why couldn't any of them benefit from what the 9 team found that made his cars handle better...that is in those race where he was better? It could be as simple as the set-ups they found that worked for him did not work for the other teams because he had different chassis and/ or his driving style is just that different? Of course each of the teams were testing different set-ups during their practices and that could have easily got ES and the other teams just as far off a good set-up as it would help them find something? Another thing that might have helped Kasey is he has had the same Crew Chief for the last 3-4 years while ES and the other drivers are with Crew Chiefs that are relatively new to them!

United States

#13 Jul 20, 2009
Oh yes...good luck driving the #5 ASA Super Stocks car. hope you do really well in it!
I see it too

AOL

#14 Jul 20, 2009
I think the set ups have all been the same basic setups since ES got to Petty years ago. Case in point, last year Elliott asked to have the same set up as Kasey, and the response was that the set ups were the same except for some front end stuff that Elliott didn't like. I haven't heard over the scanner or any post race quotes that would indicate otherwise.

It makes more sense to me who ever mentioned it early that Elliott just can't drive the COT as well as others can.

United States

#15 Jul 20, 2009
well I guess we may find out if that's true this weekend?
tomater

Mobile, AL

#16 Jul 25, 2009
Chassis for this week's race was used at NH and the All-Star. Who ever is saying that the lighter chassis are being used all season looks to be correct. New engine didn't help the qual effort either.

Looks to be another status quo Sadler weekend so far.
William K

Charlotte, NC

#17 Jul 26, 2009
looks like the "new engine" at Indy for Elliott is leaking after one lap.
Lisa in MN

Cottage Grove, MN

#18 Jul 26, 2009
I have about had it! He wasn't good in all three practices, couldn't qualify well, couldn't turn one lap in the race....WTH? This isn't on Elliott...this is on his crew chief and team.

Since: Nov 08

Washington, DC

#19 Jul 26, 2009
It is BIG joke!!! You can tell Elliott is not happy if you watched the pre race he just walked out there like he does not care!! But I agree the engine trouble is not his fault!!1 I think they lied to him from the beginning!

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#20 Jul 26, 2009
He needs to get rid of the white glasses and a certain someone also. And I think all the stress would go away. Well the sun glasses are just ugly the other is ugly and annoying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web