littledevil2744

West Orange, NJ

#1 Feb 26, 2009
i didnt know where to post this but..

does anyone else besides me think scott speed is way to cocky for his own good??!! him and AJ both i dont know what there trying to prove but well we know why we cant stand AJ but scott speed seems like an arrogant little punk in his interviews like his crap dont stink....

i think NASCAR is trying to push the younger guys into the younger generation so they can get more fans...but hell if thats true give us someone we can LOOK at!!!!

i'd rather take the good 'ol boys anyday!!! they KNOW how to race!!!

thanks for letting me vent

later
madeline

Durham, NC

#2 Feb 26, 2009
AJ has talent though, I think he will do well over this season. SS just seems like an ass and someone who wants to be in NASCAR because its the thing to do right now, I don't see him being around for the long haul.
TaMyJaxFL

Blackshear, GA

#3 Feb 26, 2009
NASCAR drivers have always been a bit cocky. But they used to have a reason: They were dare devils who took their life in their hands, could man handle a lousy driving car, no fancy safety features, had knowledge of the equipment and how to use it (still talking about the cars--is it getting hot in here?).
But NOW...we are being force fed spoiled little boys who are here for money and fame(in a "redneck sport" that used be the butt of jokes).
and I'm with you, littledevil, they could at least give us something worth looking at!
And where are all the Southern Gentlemen? We used to have someone to dream about. Now, we have someone to have night terrors over...."What if my daughter brings someone like THAT home???!!!SCREEEAAAMMM!!"
On the bright side, with the economy like it is, the "money mimbos" may actually go to F1 and we can reclaim NASCAR as a sport of MEN!(JMO)
Hey, there is a bright side to everything.Ha
Carole3441

New Kensington, PA

#4 Feb 26, 2009
Agree with you on AJ and SS. Both are arrogant and think they will win it all. Just read scenedaily.com and it had TWO AJ pieces on it. Seems his dog is a movie star and the other was his highs and lows of Nascar. Can't read much any more without his name in it. It is obvious that Richard Petty is running the former GEM show. AJ is the poster boy of 2009. Have you noticed very little from Kasey andd Elliott and nothing on Reed. Oh well-I will just delete when I see the AJ stuff. That is my bright side. Elliott better do well this weekend!!!!!
Lisa in MN

Cottage Grove, MN

#5 Feb 26, 2009
I'm probably in the minority...but I don't necessarily think AJ will do much better than the rest of them(Evernham drivers). I don't know much about Scott Speed, so I can't speak on him. But AJ will probably finish the year in the middle of the pack. I don't think he is THAT talented. Just young and eager like Kyle Busch!

“Life is EXACTLY what u make it”

Since: Aug 08

Hershey, PA...chillin' in SC!

#6 Feb 26, 2009
My opinion is this...I am SICK of hearing about Dingleberry!!!!! SS and AJ are both VERY cocky and arrogant, but then again so is Kyle Busch. The only difference is this (and I have to choke these words out) Kyle Busch can drive. I think I read somewhere that SS name is on a short list to drive for an American based F1 series. AJ needs to crawl back into the bottle of hair gel he came out of.

Since: May 07

Kerrville, TX

#7 Feb 26, 2009
Carole3441 wrote:
Agree with you on AJ and SS. Both are arrogant and think they will win it all. Just read scenedaily.com and it had TWO AJ pieces on it. Seems his dog is a movie star and the other was his highs and lows of Nascar. Can't read much any more without his name in it. It is obvious that Richard Petty is running the former GEM show. AJ is the poster boy of 2009. Have you noticed very little from Kasey andd Elliott and nothing on Reed. Oh well-I will just delete when I see the AJ stuff. That is my bright side. Elliott better do well this weekend!!!!!
You are right. One of the shows (last weekend ) actually did a piece on Reed and Richard which was really nice. Didn't see anything with KK (I didn't watch all the shows so maybe there was something). There was actually a "small" interview w/ ES rehashing everything that has already been said. Maybe AJ getting all the ttention is media dictated. Who knows?
littledevil2744

Hampton, NJ

#8 Feb 26, 2009
LOL esad....dont choke on what you said i like the way kyle drives he doesnt care!!! but i think hes a bit less cocky it seems this year..JJ is also on the seriously cocky list!!!!

it still make me sick to think AJ is sexy!!!
cak

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 26, 2009
I hate to admit it but I kind of like Kyle Busch. He has learned to control his cockiness and he can actually be kind of entertaining. Kurt went through the same growing pains. Even if I didn't dislike Buttlicker I wouldn't find him sexy. He just really isn't cute and I would bet $$ that he can't pull off a plaid short!!

I really hope that Elliott is in a car next year. I can't imagine racing without him, it won't be the same for me when he's gone, which I HOPE won't be for many years but I am kind of scared for him this year. I tear up thinking about it!!

Power to the plaid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web