ES at Auto Club 500-Qualifying to Aft...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#21 Feb 23, 2009
Heard that also and they said he hasnt denied the rumors so maybe he is going. :0)
Lisa in MN

Cottage Grove, MN

#22 Feb 23, 2009
I heard that also, but I can only see him moving over if he can't find a full-time ride in Nascar! JMPO!

Since: Feb 09

United States

#23 Feb 23, 2009
lmra323 wrote:
During the race yesterday, did anyone hear them say AJ may be going to a new open wheel series here in the US? Sounded like Formula 1 but here in the States.
When ask if he was interested in doing it, AJ said he was keeping his options open?
Esadler19fan

Princeton, NJ

#24 Feb 23, 2009
esadlern1fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When ask if he was interested in doing it, AJ said he was keeping his options open?
They can have him! LOL His ego is so big he may need to drive an open wheel race car.

Since: May 07

Kerrville, TX

#25 Feb 23, 2009
esadlern1fan wrote:
I sent this in an Email to the Sirius Nascar's Morning Drive:
I know that the testing ban has supposedly save some of the teams money, but it has also caused the gap between the haveís and the have notís to widen! If you are a team that already has a setup that works well at a track then you are already set for that track and donít need the testing to make it that much better! During the race weekend all you need to do is tweak it a bit during your practices. If you are a team that has not found a good setup for that track and you donít have testing to try different things then you have to use your practices to try them and hope that you find something that works? Often you are stuck with something on races day that may or may not help you run better, but is no where close to what the Haveís are running and there is no chance of you being competitive! Take Sundays race for instance! The leaders were at times running laps that were 6-8 MPH faster than 3 quarters of the rest of the field! The rest of the time the top 5 or 6 was still 3-5 MPH faster that those outside of the top ten! The ones that said a testing ban should close the gap between the haveís and the have not's are either trying to put a good face on something bad or just plain idiots!!!!
Since ES was pretty good at Vegas in the 3rd race last year, then they should be good again? Didn't he overcome a pit road speeding penalty to finish 12th?
I have to agree with you. But, and this is JMO, suspending testing saved the teams a lot of money. Do you think it allowed one car teams and/or start up teams (i.e., Mayfield, Robby Gordon, etc.) at least a little relief trying to get in the field? I just don't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elliott Sadler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
News Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
News Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web