Esadler19fan

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Good luck to the #19 team with driver ES.
Carole3441

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

I thought maybe this would be a turn-around for Elliott but he is two laps down and never was in contention. Just another bad race. Did anyone hear what problems he was having and did Kevin return? Thanks. I just am very disappointed!!!
Esadler19fan

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Plan and simple the #19 stunk up the track today. His teammate on the #44 team had a Top 10 while ES was a back marker all day. Is it the equipment he's getting? I have no idea but I'm very discouraged.

“Nascar fan”

Since: Aug 08

Cowtown, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Kevin was back on the pit box. Elliott blew out a right front tire, he burnt the bead off of it. The car was tight in the center and off the corners. They could not get it to were he could drive off the corners. They had a really bad pit stop which put him in the back. Elliott said they were going a lap down early, before he blew the tire out. If he did not blow that tire, he would have finished at least one lap down, possibly two. Just a bad day that did not get any better.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

well...at least his Tarheels will win tonight. I know that has nothing to do with racing, but at least his whole day won't suck.
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

All of the other Petty cars finished on the lead lap, so I would say it is not the equipment. Elliott is making ALL the pit calls these days, so I would say there is one person that is responsible for these dismal finishes. Best Buy, Stanley and the other sponsors have too much pull (just as they used to keep Elliott in the car against the owner's wishes) for using the bad equipment conspiracy theory when the other 3 teams are delivering. If A.J. doesn't have a full time sponsor in the next couple of weeks, I would not be surprised to see Best Buy and Stanley moved over to the A.J.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Wondering wrote:
All of the other Petty cars finished on the lead lap, so I would say it is not the equipment. Elliott is making ALL the pit calls these days, so I would say there is one person that is responsible for these dismal finishes. Best Buy, Stanley and the other sponsors have too much pull (just as they used to keep Elliott in the car against the owner's wishes) for using the bad equipment conspiracy theory when the other 3 teams are delivering. If A.J. doesn't have a full time sponsor in the next couple of weeks, I would not be surprised to see Best Buy and Stanley moved over to the A.J.
can the sponsors do that?? Are they signed on to a specific car/driver for the whole season or can they switch from one to another when they want to?

Is Elliott's problem talent related or less knowledge about how a race car works or does he think he got his ride back before the season started and, therefore, doesn't have anything to prove? Can't be that he is out late, partying--he's a settled down, married man now. I'm NOT blaming her (unless she is the one he's out late partying with)--she's not the one driving the car.
William K

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

I would be very suprised to see any change of any sponsor on any car during the year.
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

William K wrote:
I would be very suprised to see any change of any sponsor on any car during the year.
Its simple business. If you were George Gillette and 5 or so races from now when A.J.'s sponsorship runs out and Petty Racing can't find another one and A.J.'s team is still on the fringe of the Chase or even in the top 12 and Elliott is stuck deep in the mid 20s, just which team is going to get the sponsorship?

The one that is performing.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

I hate that he had such an awful day. I think that his poor starting spot and the aggressive way the left front tire leans out puts a lot of wear on the right front.(I may be wrong)? I am hoping he does better next weekend in Texas. I will be there cheering hard.
William K

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Its simple business. If you were George Gillette and 5 or so races from now when A.J.'s sponsorship runs out and Petty Racing can't find another one and A.J.'s team is still on the fringe of the Chase or even in the top 12 and Elliott is stuck deep in the mid 20s, just which team is going to get the sponsorship?
The one that is performing.
If it was "simple business" then why all of the offseason stuff, because it's not just simple business. Drivers may switch cars but I am still a beliver that no sponsor will switch cars during the season. Way too much money is spent on merchandise, advertising etc to switch during the season, that would be a bad business decision in my opinion.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

I don't know what Elliott needs to perform better but he needs something FAST. He's going to end up losing his ride.
cak

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

William K wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was "simple business" then why all of the offseason stuff, because it's not just simple business. Drivers may switch cars but I am still a beliver that no sponsor will switch cars during the season. Way too much money is spent on merchandise, advertising etc to switch during the season, that would be a bad business decision in my opinion.
I agree, its not that simple. He will have his sponsors for the season and Petty will have the money from them coming in.
19fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Am I the only one that noticed he was running 16th and then a bad pit stop but him in 34th? You can't recover from something like that at Martinsville, everyone knows that, you get lapped being that far in the back because at a track like Martinsville the leader catches you fast. If not for a bad pit stop he may have only been down 1 or 2 laps, still better than 3. A flat tire is no ones fault, just wish it would have not happened to him. Just ask Carl Edwards, a contender at one point then a flat tire put him 2 laps down just like that.
He wasn't the only one complaining of a tight car, read other drivers post race quotes and you will find that a lot of the drivers had the same complaints.
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Under the same caution Junior had a bad stop too and restarted BEHIND Elliott and didn't get lapped and finished in the top 10. So yes you CAN recover from something like that. A.J. also fell to the rear of the field early on and never went a lap down all day.
cak

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

I didn't notice because I am an idiot and wasn't watching!! I swore while I was watching the pre-race stuff that they said the race got postponed until today due to rain! I only saw the last 55 laps, which made me glad that I hadn't watched the whole thing because the #19 was 32nd at that point! I am losing hope.
19fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

They didn't suffer the consequences of a tire going down under green so no you can't recover. It is hard to stay on the lead lap when you are in the back at a track like Martinsville, I said it is hard not impossible but previous races prove that most in the back get lapped and are not able to stay on the lead lap.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Elliott was falling back from the very beginning of the race. He started two spots ahead of Jr. and within a few laps he was way behind. I believe Elliott has talent but someone needs to put their foot up his *ss so he can snap back into the real world of Nascar. He almost lost his ride during the winter and if he has a few more finishes the way he did this weekend, there will be a change. No owner or no sponsors want to see their driver keep sliding downhill on the performance scale. I like Elliott but he's gotta get his head in the game{race}.
toofunny

Annandale, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

AJlovesJR wrote:
Elliott was falling back from the very beginning of the race. He started two spots ahead of Jr. and within a few laps he was way behind. I believe Elliott has talent but someone needs to put their foot up his *ss so he can snap back into the real world of Nascar. He almost lost his ride during the winter and if he has a few more finishes the way he did this weekend, there will be a change. No owner or no sponsors want to see their driver keep sliding downhill on the performance scale. I like Elliott but he's gotta get his head in the game{race}.
I agree, it is like he does not even try to fight back for his postion, just gives up and rides around. Anybody want to buy our Richmond tickets? I think this whole season has been VERY DULL!

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

toofunny wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, it is like he does not even try to fight back for his postion, just gives up and rides around. Anybody want to buy our Richmond tickets? I think this whole season has been VERY DULL!
I enjoyed the Martinsville race. It had a little more beating and banging than I thought it would have after seeing Bristol. But yes, the rest of the races have been boring. Expect some excitement at Texas. It's bad fast!! Both of my guys have won at Texas, Elliott and Jr. Good luck to both of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elliott Sadler Discussions

Search the Elliott Sadler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••