Petty Yates Merge

Posted in the Elliott Sadler Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lmra323

Spring Lake, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 10, 2009
 
Very interesting move. Accordng to NASCAR.com , Sorenson is the odd man out. Looks like team will be KK, ES, Menard and I'madinger You'readinger.

They will drive Fords and use RouschYates engines.

Makes you say "HUMMMMM ... "

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 10, 2009
 
lmra323 wrote:
Very interesting move. Accordng to NASCAR.com , Sorenson is the odd man out. Looks like team will be KK, ES, Menard and I'madinger You'readinger.
They will drive Fords and use RouschYates engines.
Makes you say "HUMMMMM ... "
No kidding what a surprize! Poor Reed the kid has never been in good equipt.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 10, 2009
 
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding what a surprize! Poor Reed the kid has never been in good equipt.
'Never has been in good equipment', but yet only 80 points behind Elliott. Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmmmmm.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 10, 2009
 
lmra323 wrote:
Very interesting move. Accordng to NASCAR.com , Sorenson is the odd man out. Looks like team will be KK, ES, Menard and I'madinger You'readinger.
They will drive Fords and use RouschYates engines.
Makes you say "HUMMMMM ... "
WHY would Yates keep Elliott?????
Lisa in Alabama

Evergreen, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 10, 2009
 
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY would Yates keep Elliott?????
I think Elliott will stay 1 more year and then leave nascar and become a stay at home dad...

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 10, 2009
 
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
'Never has been in good equipment', but yet only 80 points behind Elliott. Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmmmmm.
Yeah true but then again no one in Petty has had good stuff except for Kasey this year or last year or.......
Edwin Perkins

Ennis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 11, 2009
 
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah true but then again no one in Petty has had good stuff except for Kasey this year or last year or.......
Thats not what Bret Griffin has been saying over this time. He says that the equipment is all the same, its just what each team does with it on race day that is different.

Kasey understands and prefers driving a car like the COT that has a loose off tendency, Elliott can't for what ever reason.
Esadler19fan

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 11, 2009
 
How interesting 2010 will be with Kasey who brought a lawsuit against FORD a few years back and Elliott who used a "contract loophole" to leave RYR for EMS!!!
lmra323

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 11, 2009
 
I had on the ESPN NASCAR show (can't think of the name - NASCAR Today? NASCAR Now?) and they asked someone the KK v. Ford question and whoever they were interviewing (I think a Ford guy) said there would not be retribution for the lawsuit.

Sometimes payback is a b*^ch ...

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 11, 2009
 
Edwin Perkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not what Bret Griffin has been saying over this time. He says that the equipment is all the same, its just what each team does with it on race day that is different.
Kasey understands and prefers driving a car like the COT that has a loose off tendency, Elliott can't for what ever reason.
It does seem that the drivers who can drive a really loose car do better. I still think that Kasey gets the better stuff but JMO.
Esadler19fan

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 12, 2009
 
I think Kasey gets better stuff than Elliott, AJ & Reed. Elliott is given quite a bit of "try it out" for the #9 team stuff during practice, etc. While they (RPM/Brett) can deny this all day long I have heard KK say it in interviews as well as Richard Petty.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 12, 2009
 
Esadler19fan wrote:
I think Kasey gets better stuff than Elliott, AJ & Reed. Elliott is given quite a bit of "try it out" for the #9 team stuff during practice, etc. While they (RPM/Brett) can deny this all day long I have heard KK say it in interviews as well as Richard Petty.
I'll be the first to call bull shit on this excuse.

Best Buy and Stanley would be throwing fits if any of this was even close to being true.

Since: May 07

Ayrshire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 12, 2009
 
Esadler19fan wrote:
How interesting 2010 will be with Kasey who brought a lawsuit against FORD a few years back and Elliott who used a "contract loophole" to leave RYR for EMS!!!
It will be interesting. Let's not forget about ES bringing a lawsuit against RPM. Mmmmmmm..........

If the only way these guys can keep their jobs (and sponsors) is to file lawsuits and look for loopholes - it's amazing there is even a NASCAR left. JMO.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 12, 2009
 
pathetic tonight

So does WallDinger get better equipment too?

Have not heard one mention of the Dinger getting the new dodge engine or the lighter cars once this season.
carole

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 13, 2009
 
Agree with you WOW! This was sad for the sponsors of ES car. Does anyone know what happened for him to be so far back right from the start? I am ready to give up on him. I just don't think he has the heart for it anymore and why didn't we see Amanda during the pre-show interviews? Her name was mentioned and I think she was standing right next to Elliott but moved away.THis whole situation is really weird. Can't believe that he will be with the new merger.
lmra323

Spring Lake, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 13, 2009
 
I'm with you Carole. They kept mentioning his name when they talked about the merger but I have my doubts (JUST my opinion of course).

I was also surprised they didn't show her during pre-race.

I guess we can only speculate re: who gets what equipment. I still don't know where I stand in the does the driver make the equipment or does the equipment make the driver argument.

As one of my friends says "You can't be a has been if you never were ..."
TaMyJaxFL

Nicholls, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 13, 2009
 
carole wrote:
Agree with you WOW! This was sad for the sponsors of ES car. Does anyone know what happened for him to be so far back right from the start? I am ready to give up on him. I just don't think he has the heart for it anymore and why didn't we see Amanda during the pre-show interviews? Her name was mentioned and I think she was standing right next to Elliott but moved away.THis whole situation is really weird. Can't believe that he will be with the new merger.
After final practice ES said he was having 'brake problems' but that they would be working on it and have them ready by race time...?..This is not a race where brakes are an afterthought! WHY didn't the 'team' workout the problems EARLY? Or was it simply the latest excuse? At Richmond, weak-bad-or no brakes = disaster (and it was for ES)
LKN North Carolina

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 13, 2009
 
Lisa in Alabama wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Elliott will stay 1 more year and then leave nascar and become a stay at home dad...
I hope your right. Elliott is way past his prime and it is time to move on and give a young who gives a sh*t about racing a chance at a cup ride.
LKN North Carolina

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 13, 2009
 
sorry I meant young driver ;D
carole

Gowen, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 13, 2009
 
Just another rumor but I saw where FOX sports writer Lee Montgomery said that McMurray may be the one to stay in new merger as the crew liked him better than ES. Something could still happen to ES for 2010 especially after the dismal showing in Richmond---his home state too!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elliott Sadler Discussions

Search the Elliott Sadler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Elliott Sadler (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Friends and Family (Aug '08) Jul '13 theo 1,534
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Breast Cancer Survivors, NASCAR stars kick off ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••