"American Idol'' NASCAR style coming to a track near you

Mar 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Virginian-Pilot

And you thought going to a race meant you were only to see action on the track and wild tailgate parties.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2010
PUNCH IN THE FACE

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Judged:

Another crappy show hosted by the clown prince himself, POS.

It's The Gong show without the gong and American Idol without the talent.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Help Please, somebody please explain to me who is it that loves watching the idiot court-jester POS so much. Does Speed really think the public likes him that much?` Speed much not have much of a budget to resort hiring such hacks as Micheal, Kyle, Kenny and Jimmy S. What a waste of air.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

without Michael (piece of sh!t) Waltrip and Kenny (I'm a Cup driver, really I am) Wallace, there would be no programming on Speed. The network is a joke...has been since it changed from Speedvision.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

PUNCH IN THE FACE wrote:
Ah..but at least the Gong Show had it's funny moments!
The Fat and the Furious

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

PUNCH IN THE FACE wrote:
Funny that you mention the Gong Show. I saw this on and watched about 5 minutes and my exact thought was, "It's the Gong Show, except less entertaining."
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

acrim wrote:
without Michael (piece of sh!t) Waltrip and Kenny (I'm a Cup driver, really I am) Wallace, there would be no programming on Speed. The network is a joke...has been since it changed from Speedvision.
More garbage TV from NASCAR and the Speed Channel.

“America is getting FAT”

Since: Oct 08

Herndon, Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Hahaha. American Idol and Nascar. 2 of America's most embarassing things together?

ol wall

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

The Fat and the Furious wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that you mention the Gong Show. I saw this on and watched about 5 minutes and my exact thought was, "It's the Gong Show, except less entertaining."
Ol wall was a huge fan of the Original Gong Show! Being a huge fan of slap-stick-comedy (3 Stooges, Milton Burle, Mel Brooks), ol wall totally dug Chuck Barris and his zany antics on The Gong Show!

This guy was.........."crazy" !

10-4?

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel
The Fat and the Furious

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

ol wall wrote:
<quoted text>
Ol wall was a huge fan of the Original Gong Show! Being a huge fan of slap-stick-comedy (3 Stooges, Milton Burle, Mel Brooks), ol wall totally dug Chuck Barris and his zany antics on The Gong Show!
This guy was.........."crazy" !
10-4?
Yea, I agree. It was a fun show to watch, because it was a freak show. And, people having been enjoying freak shows for thousands of years. Plus, every now and than, there were even some talented people on the show. Hell, they almost seemed like freaks, having talent among all those freaks.

Since: Nov 09

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Ricky Rachtman is a former metal head who eventually hosted the Head Banger's Ball on MTV in the late 80's and 90's. Then, he was back at the Pussycat Lounge and I guess it went under. He was gone for a while. I am having a really difficult time thinking that he is REALLY into Nascar!! He is a former Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, Manson, etc...Glenn Danzig..he just does not fit the scene. Does he irriate you guys in any way? I liked him a bit when he just rocked. What the hell is he doing now? Is it because he needs a job and the money is good? This is a former nightclub owner and partier. He sure as shit isn't country!

Guy sure looks about the same.
luv the lisping 55

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Worst show on televison. The person who signed this show should be fired!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elizabeth Waltrip Discussions

Search the Elizabeth Waltrip Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Questioning if Trevor Bayne can still drive in ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 TexasRaider 3
Racin' With Jason: Trevor Bayne's multiple scle... (Nov '13) Nov '13 dolly 1
David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
For MWR, Three's Company (Jun '12) Jul '12 acrim 4
Michael Waltrip Racing makes statement with Cli... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dillinger 3
Three-Way Driver Swap For Pocono After Busch Su... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Triple C 1
David Reutimann: Why Stupid Driving Like That I... (Apr '12) May '12 Jorge 5
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••