Waltrip behind Toyota's safety record

Waltrip behind Toyota's safety record

There are 17 comments on the Alabama Live story from Feb 4, 2010, titled Waltrip behind Toyota's safety record. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

Through his difficult early days as a NASCAR team owner, Toyota steadfastly offered support to Michael Waltrip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

BOZO

Punta Gorda, FL

#1 Feb 6, 2010
More "Lewinsky's?"
ol wall

Springfield, OH

#2 Feb 6, 2010
BOZO wrote:
More "Lewinsky's?"
Check the knees on his trousers.......worn completely......through!

10-4?
BigE

Greensboro, NC

#3 Feb 6, 2010
Did he comment on the fact that the Toyota can run over a motorcyclist and come out unscathed every time!
Or just how durable a Landcruiser was when it came to running over light poles!
ol wall

Xenia, OH

#4 Feb 7, 2010
BigE wrote:
Did he comment on the fact that the Toyota can run over a motorcyclist and come out unscathed every time!
Or just how durable a Landcruiser was when it came to running over light poles!

I wonder if that "gay-blade" & Coughy....will help the "JAP's" and ToJo Motors cover the legal action just starting, from those injured, from these covered-up.........defects! Might have to sell the.....Ferrari, to help?

Jack (Roush).......where in the hell are you? How are the lines moving, down in Georgetown, these past couple of weeks? Getting a little backed-up? Tired of all that painting and fixing-up the plant in Georgetown. Have you been painting a bunch of...."rising-suns". ...on the plant walls, also?

"Moving-Forward".... ...my-ass? Right, Jack (Roush)?

LMFAO!

10-4?
fity-five

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Feb 12, 2010
ol wall wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the knees on his trousers.......worn completely......through!
10-4?
Waltrip behind Toyota's safety record?

Who in there right mind set would even dare stand in front of one of those cars, trucks, and do they make lawnmowers?
rlew50

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Feb 12, 2010
i at one time was a hardcore gm fan, but after the last two pieces of crap i bought from them i am done. i have had two used toyota products that i had more faith in than my last new chevrolet. toyota and honda make fine automobiles! and by the way ford makes pretty impressive rigs now.
Freaky

Lima, OH

#7 Feb 23, 2010
Toyota Recalls Will Slam Sports

The fallout from the Toyota recalls is going to hit sports sponsorships hard. The auto maker spends a fortune on television and stadium advertising on the four major team sports as well as sponsoring race car drivers and sporting events. Over the next year I estimate that Toyota could cut its sports commitments by $400 million. Some high-profile deals that could be in jeopardy: 17 NASCAR Sprint Cup cars; Yankee Stadium signage.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/02/t...
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#8 Feb 23, 2010
Mikey is Toyota's official crash test dummy.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#9 Feb 23, 2010
WWE CRASHCAR 2010 wrote:
Mikey is Toyota's official crash test dummy.
LMAO! He's the best spokeman/woman on how safe those vehicles are...man, you can drive drunk and run over things and roll into ditches and no problem...
ol wall

Xenia, OH

#10 Feb 23, 2010
Did you hear that Barry Hussein had POS in DC, today, to testify in front of Congress, concerning the safety of those JAP-rides from ToJo Motors.

He was called to testify FOR the Federal Government, not for the safety of that JAP-junk coming from Georgetown.

He was also called to testify, concerning a sticking accelerator pedal. Casey Mears was also brought in front of the group, as he was one of those innocent victims, that evening when the pedal stuck on that JAPA/CRAPA #55 and pushed Mears down the front straightaway, before POS could bring that #55, to a safe-halt.

JAPCAR didn't wait for the NTSB to figure it all out, as they just "PARKED" POS for the rest of the race. LMFAO!

I saw the testimony on FOX, tonight! Did you?

10-4?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Feb 24, 2010
God, I am so tired of even hearing Micheal Waltrip's name. The day that his deep pockets business partner pushes him out the door can not come too soon for me. How this court jester idiot has become the heart throb of the media is beyond me.
ol wall

Xenia, OH

#12 Feb 24, 2010
Great article in our local paper concerning Wyler and their ToJo Motors/JAP stealership.

They are bitchin' because of doing all of these "free" repairs for the recalls, all-the-while, the new JAP-junkers are just sitting out on the lots, just a rustin'-away! They cannot give those junkers away, currently.

What is this bull-shit I am reading in the paper, also.......Barry Hussein's Government Motors (GM) is calling back 1500 UAW workings in an Ohio Govt. Motors facility.

Maybe our Banger-Bud, Jack (Roush), can move to OH, from Georgetown KY, and get a gig, if his goes-away, screwing nuts & defective bolts on those JAP/American Camry's.

LMFAO, Jack (Roush)!

10-4?
li55p51

United States

#13 Feb 24, 2010
Merk stands behind Toyota's safety record even when Toyota no longer stands behind it.

LMFFAO at that pimp, Merkin Waltrip

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#14 Feb 24, 2010
The president of Toyota USA peed on the Toyota parade yesterday when he had to admit their recall repairs WILL NOT necessarily fix the acceleration problems with their models. I freakin love it. The only thing that could make it better is for Nissan to develope the same kind of problems. I hate it for the American workers that are out of work right now because of Toyota's problems but in the long run it will benefit everyone.
ol wall

Xenia, OH

#15 Feb 24, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
The president of Toyota USA peed on the Toyota parade yesterday when he had to admit their recall repairs WILL NOT necessarily fix the acceleration problems with their models. I freakin love it. The only thing that could make it better is for Nissan to develope the same kind of problems. I hate it for the American workers that are out of work right now because of Toyota's problems but in the long run it will benefit everyone.
It has already begun to help the Ohio Government Motors (GM) workers, as there has been a large return of Ohio workers back to the plants, with as many as 1200/1500 being called-back, as of yesterday's news!

I believe Ford has also ordered back a pretty sizable amount of workers at the Focus facility around Chicago IL.

These massive recalls for ToJo Motors, could damage their credibility for many years, down-the-road, and also damage their US and world sales. Wait until the 1st quarter sales figures are released from the JAPS & ToJo Motors. Many ceremonial-swords will probably see "action", once again, just like in WW-II, when we were heading for the.........."mainland/La nd of the Rising Sun"!

10-4?
rlew50

Mountain Home, AR

#16 Feb 24, 2010
drive a toyota with 100k on it and then drive a chevy or dodge with the same mileage and then make an intelligent decision on which one is the better automobile the problem with gm and chrysler and many other industries in this country is management won't allow us to build the best that we can. it is all about how cheap we can make our junk in this country anymore
ol wall

Springfield, OH

#17 Feb 24, 2010
rlew50 wrote:
drive a toyota with 100k on it and then drive a chevy or dodge with the same mileage and then make an intelligent decision on which one is the better automobile the problem with gm and chrysler and many other industries in this country is management won't allow us to build the best that we can. it is all about how cheap we can make our junk in this country anymore
I have a 99 Ford F-150, with well over 100K! It looks great, runs great and never once has the motor needed a new camshaft nor has the spare-tire carrier rusted out and dropped my Firestone-spare out in the middle of I-70!

20 years ago, I might have agreed with you; however, with the newer big-2 (don't know about MoPars) they are holding up just as well as the current vintage of JAP-junk coming from Georgetown KY. ToJo's quality and credibility is in the "shitter", currently. Just turn on any news show, yesterday or today! Ol' man Toyoda cannot even say if the pedal-fix will really solve the problem. That is a pretty comforting statement, if you own one of those JAP-junkers involved in the big........."recall" !

Moving forward........my ass!

10-4?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Waltrip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Questioning if Trevor Bayne can still drive in ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 TexasRaider 3
News Racin' With Jason: Trevor Bayne's multiple scle... (Nov '13) Nov '13 dolly 1
News David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
News For MWR, Three's Company (Jun '12) Jul '12 acrim 4
News Michael Waltrip Racing makes statement with Cli... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dillinger 3
News Three-Way Driver Swap For Pocono After Busch Su... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Triple C 1
News David Reutimann: Why Stupid Driving Like That I... (Apr '12) May '12 Jorge 5
More from around the web