Michael Waltrip's Ready to Reflect as Sprint Cup Career Comes to a Close

There are 16 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jan 25, 2010, titled Michael Waltrip's Ready to Reflect as Sprint Cup Career Comes to a Close. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Those were the words that MichaelA WaltripA wrote on hisA Twitter page late Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2010
Yeah, reflecting on being the WORST DRIVER IN NA$CRAP, PERIOD! Maybe he should have a swansong season where he simply rides around at the back of the pack and gets lapped all day. Oh I forgot, he did that last year!

So long ya talentless huckster!
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jan 25, 2010
Michaer Wartlip lefrecting on caleel? Hohoho, now that learry funny. That rike Count Dlacura rooking in millol and seeing no lefrection ol Lonard McDonard rooking in millol and onry seeing lefrection of a crown.
ol wall

Springfield, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2010
He needs to "reflect" a little on his......"drunk-driving "......also, before he actually hurts himself or someone else. He has been very lucky on the two instances we actually know about, even though both were pretty much swept under the carpet by POS, JAPCAR, the JAPCAR-media, the NC Court System, and King Brian.

10-4
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#4 Jan 25, 2010
There's nothing like a bottle of Grey Goose to start the "relecting process". Bottom's up, ya big fake!!
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Newtown, CT

#5 Jan 25, 2010
Mikey Waltrip is everything that is wrong with NASCAR. A life long grid filler who was able to keep more deserving driving out just because he could shill someones product. It's a disgrace!
Ekarion

Defuniak Springs, FL

#6 Jan 26, 2010
You don't stay around NASCAR, especially at the Cup level, if you aren't a better driver than the above posters seem to think. No, he isn't a great driver, never was, but he wasn't an awful one, either. If you look back over his long career, he has been solidly in the front half of the pack except for the past few seasons (and, oh yeah, won the Daytona 500 twice, which is hard to do by accident). Not everybody can be a champion. As for his talent as a pitchman, well, sponsors expect the drivers of the cars they pay for to sell their products, and I'd rather watch someone who's good at it than most of those guys standing there like sticks and woodenly reading lines off the prompter. He's also been building a foundation for life after driving, and very few athletes in any sport have been bright enough to do that. If you're tired of watching him on the track, fine, you don't have to any more, so why waste your time abusing him?
FORD Racing

Naples, FL

#7 Jan 26, 2010
Ekarion wrote:
You don't stay around NASCAR, especially at the Cup level, if you aren't a better driver than the above posters seem to think. No, he isn't a great driver, never was, but he wasn't an awful one, either. If you look back over his long career, he has been solidly in the front half of the pack except for the past few seasons (and, oh yeah, won the Daytona 500 twice, which is hard to do by accident). Not everybody can be a champion. As for his talent as a pitchman, well, sponsors expect the drivers of the cars they pay for to sell their products, and I'd rather watch someone who's good at it than most of those guys standing there like sticks and woodenly reading lines off the prompter. He's also been building a foundation for life after driving, and very few athletes in any sport have been bright enough to do that. If you're tired of watching him on the track, fine, you don't have to any more, so why waste your time abusing him?
Since 1988 when plates were mandated, to win Daytona or Talladega means you missed the wrecks, whoopty-do...Win at a roadcourse if you want to impress real fans. You clueless wal-nuts are delusional and grasp those Daytona wins as if they mean something...LMAO!!! GET-A-CLUE...POS is a "NEVER-WAS"
ol wall

Springfield, OH

#8 Jan 26, 2010
Ekarion wrote:
Just look at this hill-jack's over-all record. Four wins and over 750 Cup starts?

We all know that he is the Billy Mays of JAPCAR, so what?

10-4?

Robby was so correct! "POS couldn't drive a nail through a frog's ass!" Bowyer was correct, also! LMAO!
ol wall

Springfield, OH

#9 Jan 26, 2010
FORD Racing wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1988 when plates were mandated, to win Daytona or Talladega means you missed the wrecks, whoopty-do...Win at a roadcourse if you want to impress real fans. You clueless wal-nuts are delusional and grasp those Daytona wins as if they mean something...LMAO!!! GET-A-CLUE...POS is a "NEVER-WAS"
For the past couple of years, POS usually put a sub into that JAPA/CRAPA 55 at a road course, didn't he?

How about that great job of driving, over on the Dubai Road Course? That was funny-as-hell, POS destroying that $200000+ Ferrari, when he ran into some other car and wall-banged the pit wall. Give POS a wall..........and he WILL find-it!

LMFAO at that Dubai-run a few weeks ago!

10-4?
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#10 Jan 26, 2010
Ekarion wrote:
Wang not abre to undelstand Wartlip's risping voice. Wang have no idea what he tark about.

Ancient plovelb say: "A blidre fol the tongue is a necessaly piece of fulnitule."
ol wall

Springfield, OH

#11 Jan 26, 2010
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Wang not abre to undelstand Wartlip's risping voice. Wang have no idea what he tark about.
Ancient plovelb say: "A blidre fol the tongue is a necessaly piece of fulnitule."
Wang, you need to run this post through Fityfive's.......Canadian Spell Checker. I think they might talk like this in.....Manitoba!

10-4?
April

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#13 Jan 26, 2010
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
English Wang English.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#14 Jan 30, 2010
I bet he's reflecting on how lucky he was to get out of that famous Grey Goose induced sock stumble back to the flop house (pool room) where he hid from the cops after winning the utility pole position in the upside-down Landcruiser. I guess the gas pedal must have stuck...
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#16 Jan 31, 2010
Freeeedommmm wrote:
WALDICK is a talentless hack. DALE EARNHARDT should have won the 2001 Daytona 500 and would still be alive today if he had! Then you hicks wouldn't have had the moment of silence during Lap 3 of every race that year!
LMAO...now there's an opinion! Don't hold back pal.
Tammy Apple Valley

Hesperia, CA

#17 Feb 13, 2010
I can't believe the crap you are saying about him, if your so damm good why aren't you out racing ? Instead of sitting at a computor trash talking him. Oh I know why because your a spineless.
booyaa

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 13, 2010
Why would you bash one of the nicest drivers out there and puts his own money back into the sport.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Waltrip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Questioning if Trevor Bayne can still drive in ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 TexasRaider 3
News Racin' With Jason: Trevor Bayne's multiple scle... (Nov '13) Nov '13 dolly 1
News David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
News For MWR, Three's Company (Jun '12) Jul '12 acrim 4
News Michael Waltrip Racing makes statement with Cli... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dillinger 3
News Three-Way Driver Swap For Pocono After Busch Su... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Triple C 1
News David Reutimann: Why Stupid Driving Like That I... (Apr '12) May '12 Jorge 5
More from around the web