McMurray to replace Bires in No. 88 Nationwide car

Apr 14, 2010 | Posted by: lilbit88 | Full story: www.news10.net

JR Motorsports has released Kelly Bires as driver of its flagship No. 88 Nationwide Series team.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

lol... i can't believe Jr has the nerve of firing Bires for lack of results. the guy has run a handful of races and already got the boot and Jr has been quitting on his team for 2 years and will probably get a contract extention when it runs out. some role model he is. it comes to show you the more you quit and the more you don't try the more you get handed to you

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

X Jr Fan wrote:
lol... i can't believe Jr has the nerve of firing Bires for lack of results. the guy has run a handful of races and already got the boot and Jr has been quitting on his team for 2 years and will probably get a contract extention when it runs out. some role model he is. it comes to show you the more you quit and the more you don't try the more you get handed to you
I think when you own a team you can hire and fire whoever
you please. I knew when he took that ride he would not be able to handle it.He had been setting around to long.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Jr should look in the mirror and ask himself what has he done the past several years before he fires someone without giving the guy a chance
Wang

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

It rooks rike Dare Jl's sistel Kerry made decision to file Biles. If that the case, then it was rikery a sound decision. She much smaltel than Jl. If he wasn't hel blothel, she not hile him to crean hel guttels.

Since: Jul 09

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

If you read the articles and Bires' tweets, you would know that it was chemistry between driver/crew chief and Jr will not fire Pops. Bires was not the right fit with Pops, and I'm still wondering if the sponser didn't have something to do with it, in a small way. I would have hoped that everyone involved would have known that it was going to be different than with Brad, and give the person a full shot at the season. But Business is Business folks, JRM has to put the product on the track that the sponsor, and company can stand behind. It just wasn't Bires.
Jim

Tilton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

You're going to loooooove this!

Let's take a look at Jr. stats verses KB stats for 2010.

These stats are for 5 races only (not counting Daytona because KB did not race that race, Jr. drove the Nationwide car).

Jr. Fontana - 32 KB Fontanta - 7
Jr. LV - 16 KB LV - 42
Jr. Bristol - 7 KB Bristol - 12
Jr. Martinsville - 15 KB Nashville - 14
Jr. Pheonix - 12 KB Pheonix - 17

Jr. average finish (16.4)

KB average finish (18.4)

Oh and in Daytona (Nationwide series) where Jr. drove the #88 he finished 29.

That's the worst finish the #88 had except for the LV race where KB drove.

I guess if KB isn't worth keeping with his stats what's that say about Jr?

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Ya gotta luv jr....I can't wait 'til tomorrow to see what kinda farce he is associated with. This guy is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. The only thing more entertaining is watching some of the media and his fans jump in and try to come up with excuses for him. Keep up the good work jr, you are funnier than the British version of Death at a Funeral (the Hollywood version sucks)

Since: Jul 08

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

^Why don't you post the entire career stats, Jim???? Oh, that's right.....you pick and choose the years/races you want so that the way the stats can fit your needs.

Oh, and tell the whole story. The reason Junior finished 29th at Daytona is because he was upside down on his ROOF. And where was he before he flipped???? Battling for the lead!!!!! Something that car never saw with Bires in it.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

i still can't believe how halarious this thread is. just think, Danica has 2 more races to get her act together or she'll be fired too
Jim

Tilton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Dew Addict wrote:
^Why don't you post the entire career stats, Jim???? Oh, that's right.....you pick and choose the years/races you want so that the way the stats can fit your needs.
Oh, and tell the whole story. The reason Junior finished 29th at Daytona is because he was upside down on his ROOF. And where was he before he flipped???? Battling for the lead!!!!! Something that car never saw with Bires in it.
Because it's not about someones "entire career stats" it's about this year.

KB was placed in the Nationwide car THIS YEAR and his stats are almost identical to Jr. cup stats THIS YEAR, yet KB is given the boot.

OK lets take out KB worst finish (42) and Jr. worst finish (32) and their average finish is EXACTLY the same 12.5.

It's kind of funny how Jr. can fire KB, when their stats are a mirror image.

That is the WHOLE story, you just choose not to accept it.
Jim

Tilton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Check out this story.

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup...

It sounds like Jr. is talking about himself......too bad he doesn't take his own advice.
overr88ed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

jr blows he needs to go away

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Now we have folks on here trying to run Jr Motorsports. This is funny as hell. When you pay his bills and get his sponsorship's then you can speak up until then you need to shut the hell up.
He can hire and fire regardless of how he races himself. That's the glory of being a owner.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

snow wrote:
Now we have folks on here trying to run Jr Motorsports. This is funny as hell. When you pay his bills and get his sponsorship's then you can speak up until then you need to shut the hell up.
He can hire and fire regardless of how he races himself. That's the glory of being a owner.
Hey snow...you live in the Indianapolis area, don't you?

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Jim wrote:
You're going to loooooove this!
Let's take a look at Jr. stats verses KB stats for 2010.
These stats are for 5 races only (not counting Daytona because KB did not race that race, Jr. drove the Nationwide car).
Jr. Fontana - 32 KB Fontanta - 7
Jr. LV - 16 KB LV - 42
Jr. Bristol - 7 KB Bristol - 12
Jr. Martinsville - 15 KB Nashville - 14
Jr. Pheonix - 12 KB Pheonix - 17
Jr. average finish (16.4)
KB average finish (18.4)
Oh and in Daytona (Nationwide series) where Jr. drove the #88 he finished 29.
That's the worst finish the #88 had except for the LV race where KB drove.
I guess if KB isn't worth keeping with his stats what's that say about Jr?
Jim,

Really? comparing cup stats to nationwide stats.. come on. Even you must admit that the cup series has way more competitive, drivers (30 - 35) and that it makes no sense to compare the two. Nationwide, maybe 15 competitive drivers (including the cup guys), so this is not really a comparison, just "facts" pulled up to support your theory that KB shouldn't have been fired, or that Jr should be? I'm really confused as to why you posted this, but hey, it's a free country and you can post what you like.

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

snow wrote:
You said it! Did anyone jump on Richard Childress when he pulled John Wes Townsley out of the car last weekend, AFTER the first practice run and effectively said no more this season? Nope...
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Jim wrote:
Check out this story.
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup...
It sounds like Jr. is talking about himself......too bad he doesn't take his own advice.
hahaha, it does sound like he was describing himself to a tee
jrw

Kirkland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Well i thought just the other day some of the Jr dislikers was a throwing off on him bc Kelley wuz runnihg JMS..Lord they are just so jealous of Dale Jr. they just can't stand it. Sheesh can we say GREEN ??? LOL
Jr. is the MAN Oh he!! yeah he is ! He is da big stuff!
Woo hoo pass me another cold one ,lmao.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

snow wrote:
Wang think that something Dare Jl.'s sistel Kerry said to him: "When you pay birrs and get sponsolships then you can speak up, untir then you need to shut the herr up."

Kerry weals pants in that company, Dare Jl. weal race, galtels, and hose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Bigkahuna1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it! Did anyone jump on Richard Childress when he pulled John Wes Townsley out of the car last weekend, AFTER the first practice run and effectively said no more this season? Nope...
I saw more drivers than just John Townsley jerked out of cars this week. Your correct not a word from the Jr haters about them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••