Auto Racing Package: Busch knows time...

Auto Racing Package: Busch knows time running out to qualify for Chase and shot at Cup title

There are 20 comments on the www.wgntv.com story from Aug 5, 2009, titled Auto Racing Package: Busch knows time running out to qualify for Chase and shot at Cup title. In it, www.wgntv.com reports that:

Kyle Busch is known for being fearless in pursuit of victory - and grouchy when he doesn't achieve it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wgntv.com.

Joe

Richmond, VA

#2 Aug 5, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
Being Joeys teamate I'd like to see him in the chase. Maybe he'll win this weekend.
Doubtful!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Aug 5, 2009
Shrub has already gone into the Cup self destruct mode for this year. He did us a favor and started early. He'll make the chase a little more interesting if he doesn't make it because he'll be out to win every race and that means he'll be knocking down the wall even more. I love to see the flat sides on that particular Toyota.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#4 Aug 5, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
Shrub has already gone into the Cup self destruct mode for this year. He did us a favor and started early. He'll make the chase a little more interesting if he doesn't make it because he'll be out to win every race and that means he'll be knocking down the wall even more. I love to see the flat sides on that particular Toyota.
It's that all out drive to win, hell hath no fury. I still think he will make the chase, though.
Lisa12450890

AOL

#5 Aug 5, 2009
I'm thinking of losing my "herd" status and jumping onto another bandwagon. Jimmie Johnson seems a good fit for me.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#6 Aug 5, 2009
Lisa12450890 wrote:
I'm thinking of losing my "herd" status and jumping onto another bandwagon. Jimmie Johnson seems a good fit for me.
Go ahead Sarah!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#7 Aug 5, 2009
Lisa12450890 wrote:
Who gave you the false impression that you had any "herd" status?

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#8 Aug 5, 2009
This is tough to call. He's really got to get moving and get over past performance and just focus on whats in front of him.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Aug 5, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
This is tough to call. He's really got to get moving and get over past performance and just focus on whats in front of him.
I have noticed since he has been having some not so hot races he has shut his mouth about knocking Jr on a weekly basis.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#10 Aug 5, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I have noticed since he has been having some not so hot races he has shut his mouth about knocking Jr on a weekly basis.
Yeah, and He is still having crappy luck.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#11 Aug 5, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I have noticed since he has been having some not so hot races he has shut his mouth about knocking Jr on a weekly basis.
Could be he was told to keep his mouth shut about Jr. I really think it was becoming an embarrassment with Joe Gibbs.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 5, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and He is still having crappy luck.
They both are having bad luck...Kyle is a preety good racer on the road courses he may make a come back this weekend.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#13 Aug 5, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>
They both are having bad luck...Kyle is a preety good racer on the road courses he may make a come back this weekend.
Yep. I hope Jr finally gets a top five this weekend, Bless his heart, that man races his heart out only to have stupid stuff happen to him.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 5, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I hope Jr finally gets a top five this weekend, Bless his heart, that man races his heart out only to have stupid stuff happen to him.
Yes he sure has had a bad year but
through it all while at Indy he was still upbeat.
He had a bug hit him and about take him down and the funny thing I got the same bug on Saturday night, and had to miss the race Sunday,.My Children had to bring me home Saturday night late after the nationwide race.
That sure was a bummer.
Nascartoon

Flint, MI

#15 Aug 5, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be almost shocked to see Jr. in the top 5 at the Glen. He just hasn't been able to really get a handle on the road courses. Not impossible, but pretty unlikely. Kyle should have a good weekend though. He's done well on the road courses and a good finish here would really put some positive back in the team. If he does well this weekend, I think he'll be hard to keep out of the chase. He tends to get very confident after a good performance and usually follows it up with more. We'll see though. Anything is possible in racing.
Nascartoon

Flint, MI

#16 Aug 5, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle has indeed been good on the road courses. Good chance for him to turn things around a bit this weekend. Unfortunately for Jr. he has not been very good on the road courses. Could be another tough weekend for him. Can't be pleasant to be struggling and go race at a place that you've never had much success. He's running better though, so regardless of this weekend, maybe they can pull off some good finishes in the next 14. A win would go a long.... long....... way for not only jr. but that whole team. I've said it in many posts and I'll say it again: Jr. is much better than he's showing right now. I don't put him up there with guys like Tony, Jeff, Jimmie (because I just haven't seen that ability yet) but he's certainly better than we see right now.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#17 Aug 5, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he sure has had a bad year but
through it all while at Indy he was still upbeat.
He had a bug hit him and about take him down and the funny thing I got the same bug on Saturday night, and had to miss the race Sunday,.My Children had to bring me home Saturday night late after the nationwide race.
That sure was a bummer.
Yeah, I hate being sick, But watching cartoons make me feel better.
TheTruth

Gloucester, UK

#18 Aug 5, 2009
Nascartoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be almost shocked to see Jr. in the top 5 at the Glen. He just hasn't been able to really get a handle on the road courses. Not impossible, but pretty unlikely. Kyle should have a good weekend though. He's done well on the road courses and a good finish here would really put some positive back in the team. If he does well this weekend, I think he'll be hard to keep out of the chase. He tends to get very confident after a good performance and usually follows it up with more. We'll see though. Anything is possible in racing.
Rather than singling out road courses as Jr's weakness it would be much easier to say asphalt!
Then again he never had much success on dirt either did he now.
Nascartoon

Flint, MI

#19 Aug 5, 2009
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than singling out road courses as Jr's weakness it would be much easier to say asphalt!
Then again he never had much success on dirt either did he now.
I didn't single out road courses as his weakness. I mentioned (since they'll be racing at a road course next) that he hasn't done well on the road courses. He has other weaknesses, obviously, he's much better than you want to imply in your post, but if that floats your boat, more power to you. I could care less what your feelings or beliefs on the subject are. I know the numbers and those numbers outweigh your opinion on the subject any day.

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

#20 Aug 8, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I hate being sick, But watching cartoons make me feel better.
That avatar is awesome.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#21 Aug 8, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
<quoted text>That avatar is awesome.
Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwayne Leik Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kyle Busch takes Phoenix for 3rd straight Xfini... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Cale 11 3
News Danica Patrick confronts Denny Hamlin after col... (Feb '15) Apr '15 joe glazer 22
News Quick fix for victims of Kansas? Win at Charlotte (Oct '14) Oct '14 Hilton Head 1
News Danica Patrick Indianapolis result (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dwarfica 2
News Pagenaud tops speed chart at strange Indy practice (May '14) May '14 wichita-rick 2
News Kyle Busch dominates in Trucks for Kansas win (May '14) May '14 kyle fan 2
News Kevin Harvick Dominates and Wins ToyotaCare 250... (Apr '14) Apr '14 RonnieO 1
More from around the web