Earnhardt feels closer to return to Victory Lane

Apr 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hawk Eye

FORT WORTH, Texas - Dale Earnhardt Jr. seems so close to finally winning again. There was his runner-up finish in the season-opening Daytona 500 and consecutive third-place finishes before the Easter weekend break.

Comments
1 - 20 of 171 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2012
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
redrum

Lake George, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

You still have a lot of races left, Time will tell. And you still haven't seen victory lane since 08'.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Jr. is running good and seems to have his head in it more than any year in recent history. He's got the talent, sometimes it's a matter of his determination, how bad do you want it. Regardless of what the naysayyers say, there isn't any gimmes in this sport. If there were, NASCAR would have had Jr. winning a long time ago. He'll win in his own time.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
Jr. is running good and seems to have his head in it more than any year in recent history. He's got the talent, sometimes it's a matter of his determination, how bad do you want it. Regardless of what the naysayyers say, there isn't any gimmes in this sport. If there were, NASCAR would have had Jr. winning a long time ago. He'll win in his own time.
In his own time? He has 1 win in his last 207 starts....hell I don't think I'm gonna live long enough to see it.
wangsadumbass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Wang not yet see pig fry.
Ancient plovelb say: "Gleat cly and rittre woor, as the ferrow said when he shealed his hogs."
Wangs a water head.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

I really feel for the 48 team, jr and his losing ways are now affecting the 48 team as well. HMS sacrifices the 6th straight cup for the 48, just to try to put jr in victory lane, what else can NASCAR and HMS do other than just GIVING jr another victory.
izzie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

3TOES wrote:
I really feel for the 48 team, jr and his losing ways are now affecting the 48 team as well. HMS sacrifices the 6th straight cup for the 48, just to try to put jr in victory lane, what else can NASCAR and HMS do other than just GIVING jr another victory.
Just how silly can these comments get?? I suppose Dale Jr is responsible for everything wrong with NASCAR!! If it were not for
Dale Jr NASCAR would be a thing of the past!
wangsadumbass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient plovelb say: "Rooking fol the ass on its vely back."
Otherwise known as the "Wang".

Since: Nov 09

Manvel, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how silly can these comments get?? I suppose Dale Jr is responsible for everything wrong with NASCAR!! If it were not for
No. If not for Dale Jr, NASCAR would still have a fan base that followed it for the RACING, and not a bunch of star-struck teeny-boppers, grannies, and inbred drunk-ass rednecks that think the last 4 words to The Star Spangled Banner are "Woo HOO!! Go Junior!!".
Dizzy izzie

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Jr isn't responsible for everything that is wrong with NASCAR, but he's a big problem.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

No doubt NASCAR's fortunes would be better if Jr. won a few races. After all, no other driver in the sport can bring everyone in the stands to their feet cheering their head off like Jr. can just by making a pass. Already there is a lot of race fans that don't go to the track because he hasn't been winning and if he were to stop racing there would be another significant group that would stop attending races. No, Jr. can't save or kill NASCAR but he can make significant headway in either direction. Like him or not, he IS the major personality in the sport and will be for a long time.

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just answer one simple, and I do mean SIMPLE question....Is the 48 team's performance better or worse since "jr the great" became the 48 's in-house team mate??

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
No doubt NASCAR's fortunes would be better if Jr. won a few races. After all, no other driver in the sport can bring everyone in the stands to their feet cheering their head off like Jr. can just by making a pass. Already there is a lot of race fans that don't go to the track because he hasn't been winning and if he were to stop racing there would be another significant group that would stop attending races. No, Jr. can't save or kill NASCAR but he can make significant headway in either direction. Like him or not, he IS the major personality in the sport and will be for a long time.
There is an old saying...Don't put all your eggs in one basket!! You'd think NASCAR would have learned this by now. And yes, there is a lot of support for jr in NASCAR, but there is a lot of people who don't care what happens in NASCAR because of jr...just look in the stands!!! Why spend the time or money to have NASCAR constantly shove jr in your face..not me!! The empty seats are not all the economy's fault.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

I am a Hendrick fan, when Joonyer came I gave him a chance to prove that he belongs in the "elite" of Nascar, and Joonyer said, "...I come to HMS to win races and championships."; of which he has done neither. But Mr. Hendrick gave him a five year contract extension last year cause after all it's all about the money. Mr. Hendrick has taken away from the #24 team to try and get this loser in victory lane and Jeff has suffered from this. I say dance with what brought you Mr. Hendrick which is Jeff Gordon. Fire Joonyer and let him drive for himself or some other 2nd rate team because Joonyer doesn't merit the ride he's been given.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
<quoted text>No. If not for Dale Jr, NASCAR would still have a fan base that followed it for the RACING, and not a bunch of star-struck teeny-boppers, grannies, and inbred drunk-ass rednecks that think the last 4 words to The Star Spangled Banner are "Woo HOO!! Go Junior!!".
you have a point if junior nation left there are not enough Jimmie fans to fill an outhouse. So NASCAR would be in the toilet.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

A$$CAR will make the victory happen at a plate track were they can manipulate more.
big 3

Warsaw, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

sorry JR messed up your lives an your drivers are not worth press time but i like it so the 48 or the 24 cant win because JR there team mate stupid biffel won he has team mates all of ricks drivers will win this year but nascar win for them see you sunday

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

NASCAR is doomed...the time is near where there will be no earnhardt driving in competition, unless jr dropped a seed somewhere!!! Fact is, there is barely a competitive earnhardt now!!
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

What difference would it make if he did win a race?He hasn't won in 4 years and some folks think him winning a race will change the course of history. Fools!
izzie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

Dizzy izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Jr isn't responsible for everything that is wrong with NASCAR, but he's a big problem.
Dale Jr is only a problem for the trolls!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

Hilton Head wrote:
What difference would it make if he did win a race?He hasn't won in 4 years and some folks think him winning a race will change the course of history. Fools!
I agree and I tried to explain to da nation that Joonyer has one win in his last 207 starts and winning one race will not change history. I think I used the word "dismal" referring to his record....well they immediately were saying I was wrong and Joonyer's losing streak is 135 races etc. Responding to my post without really reading what I said was very funny. His fans are indeed tired of accepting the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denny Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCARa s Kyle Larson expands fan club from 201... Mar '14 Lets go racing 6
Hamlin 4th recipient of March of Dimes award (Sep '13) Sep '13 WHOYAKIDDING 2
Matt Kenseth wins 4th Sprint Cup race of season (Jul '13) Aug '13 TexasRaider 12
Is Brad Keselowski a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series O... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RacingFan20 2
Does NASCAR Favor Certain Drivers? (Apr '13) May '13 NewAgeKingJJ48 32
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 2
Making The Case For Joey Logano (Mar '13) Apr '13 chris sanson 76

Search the Denny Hamlin Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••