Hendrick's House

Hendrick's House

There are 18 comments on the Fanball story from Oct 16, 2008, titled Hendrick's House. In it, Fanball reports that:

Martinsville is the only short track in the Chase, but that does not mean it is unparalleled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fanball.

IMHO

New York, NY

#1 Oct 17, 2008
All that is about to change. It will be JGRs house this weekend.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Oct 17, 2008
only reason it WAS HMS's house was because no one else had figured out the COT... now they caught up, now they gotta get past the 48 car off pit lane and Jimmie is TOAST!!!!!
oh oh... I said the woird toast... what could that have to do with RACING????? I hope people don't report me for being off topic...it is surely going to be BORING around here when there is no racing.. I guess we'll have to shut down.. pity really.. but Baracks supporters suppressed my freedom of speech much like he did in Missourri.. I should not be surprised..oh, no more talking about movies or anything but Tony.,.. remember

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#3 Oct 17, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
only reason it WAS HMS's house was because no one else had figured out the COT... now they caught up, now they gotta get past the 48 car off pit lane and Jimmie is TOAST!!!!!
oh oh... I said the woird toast... what could that have to do with RACING????? I hope people don't report me for being off topic...it is surely going to be BORING around here when there is no racing.. I guess we'll have to shut down.. pity really.. but Baracks supporters suppressed my freedom of speech much like he did in Missourri.. I should not be surprised..oh, no more talking about movies or anything but Tony.,.. remember
Are you saying it took other teams all this time to fugure out the COT?

2456

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 17, 2008
Am I in the Tony Stewart? Yes I am.

It must be slow on the HMS forums.

LOL

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#5 Oct 18, 2008
Gwyneth wrote:
Am I in the Tony Stewart? Yes I am.
It must be slow on the HMS forums.
LOL
no' its not slow.
we just talking bout the good things in life .
by the way ' which is hms an obama-biden in 08.
have a nice day an go hms at martinsville the home of hms.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#6 Oct 18, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
only reason it WAS HMS's house was because no one else had figured out the COT... now they caught up, now they gotta get past the 48 car off pit lane and Jimmie is TOAST!!!!!
oh oh... I said the woird toast... what could that have to do with RACING????? I hope people don't report me for being off topic...it is surely going to be BORING around here when there is no racing.. I guess we'll have to shut down.. pity really.. but Baracks supporters suppressed my freedom of speech much like he did in Missourri.. I should not be surprised..oh, no more talking about movies or anything but Tony.,.. remember
I think I read the opposite. Rick Hendrick said that all their success last year with the old cars has hurt them this year trying to catch up. I think they caught up but it took a while. The ones that worked the hardest last year on the COT's had a disadvantage last year but an advantage this year. They are so far along now that I don't think it really matters now though. If you remember they were not going to go full time COT this year but the teams were complaining about the costs of running both cars so they jumped it up a year. Wonder where all the old cars are at now.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#7 Oct 18, 2008
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying it took other teams all this time to fugure out the COT?
2456
Hey Jimmie, How are you? I hope everything in your life is going well. Quite a move you made all the way across the country huh? Take care!

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2008
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying it took other teams all this time to fugure out the COT?
2456
it took most of them an entire year.. Gibbs had it figured out if you recall they were right up there with HMS the first COT races but even yesterday on TV in the rain Jimmie was talking to Larry Mac and those guys and said the shocks and even the brakes are the things that make the difference and now everyone has the same stuff.. so, yeah, HMS had an advantage in that they figured out the shocks first and it seems when we would see Jimmie dialing in his brakes on TV that was a secret to getting the car throughout the race to handle better and now everybody else has caught up.. if you remember Kyle is only at the back now because of mechanical issues..others have been crashed out.. Jimmie chose to ride around safe at Dega.. it is going to be interesting tomorrow at Martinsville to see what he does cuz on a short track,,, there is no safe spot..Jimmie and Chad ain't all that, especially if you take that first pit stall away and they cannot get the track position they NEED to stay out front..all of them still say it is hard to pass in the COT and Jimmie and Chad know that and that is why they exclusively focus oin qualifying until after qualifying.. I hope the Biff will be able to win Nicole that clock this weekend.. The Biff might be the only one brazen enough to bump the golden 48 car out of his groove..all the rest kiss hendrick a$$

Since: Jul 08

Big Sky, MT

#9 Oct 18, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>it took most of them an entire year.. Gibbs had it figured out if you recall they were right up there with HMS the first COT races but even yesterday on TV in the rain Jimmie was talking to Larry Mac and those guys and said the shocks and even the brakes are the things that make the difference and now everyone has the same stuff.. so, yeah, HMS had an advantage in that they figured out the shocks first and it seems when we would see Jimmie dialing in his brakes on TV that was a secret to getting the car throughout the race to handle better and now everybody else has caught up.. if you remember Kyle is only at the back now because of mechanical issues..others have been crashed out.. Jimmie chose to ride around safe at Dega.. it is going to be interesting tomorrow at Martinsville to see what he does cuz on a short track,,, there is no safe spot..Jimmie and Chad ain't all that, especially if you take that first pit stall away and they cannot get the track position they NEED to stay out front..all of them still say it is hard to pass in the COT and Jimmie and Chad know that and that is why they exclusively focus oin qualifying until after qualifying.. I hope the Biff will be able to win Nicole that clock this weekend.. The Biff might be the only one brazen enough to bump the golden 48 car out of his groove..all the rest kiss hendrick a$$
Thx Debi, that actually cleared up some confusion I had in regards to a few things ;-)

btw..did you notice that Mr.Breeze created a thread just for you ;-)
he too wanted to support your right to "vent"

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#10 Oct 18, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>it took most of them an entire year.. Gibbs had it figured out if you recall they were right up there with HMS the first COT races but even yesterday on TV in the rain Jimmie was talking to Larry Mac and those guys and said the shocks and even the brakes are the things that make the difference and now everyone has the same stuff.. so, yeah, HMS had an advantage in that they figured out the shocks first and it seems when we would see Jimmie dialing in his brakes on TV that was a secret to getting the car throughout the race to handle better and now everybody else has caught up.. if you remember Kyle is only at the back now because of mechanical issues..others have been crashed out.. Jimmie chose to ride around safe at Dega.. it is going to be interesting tomorrow at Martinsville to see what he does cuz on a short track,,, there is no safe spot..Jimmie and Chad ain't all that, especially if you take that first pit stall away and they cannot get the track position they NEED to stay out front..all of them still say it is hard to pass in the COT and Jimmie and Chad know that and that is why they exclusively focus oin qualifying until after qualifying.. I hope the Biff will be able to win Nicole that clock this weekend.. The Biff might be the only one brazen enough to bump the golden 48 car out of his groove..all the rest kiss hendrick a$$
omg!!!!!! yes'''' jimmy an chad are all that an you know it .
jimmy can drive the wheels off any thing an hes great at martinsville same as jeff .
so cry on lady '
you seem to forget at the first of the year the jap car had twenty to thrity more horsepower than the others so ya best be giving kyle credit to that also .
tb chief is correct in what hes saying .
go hms.
obama-biden 08.
Claire

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2008
Jimmy Johnson was the quickest in practice again.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#13 Oct 18, 2008
harleyrocksJGR wrote:
too bad the HMS plane wasn't fast enough to pull up as the cars are fast enough around the track...
oh, i am so going to hell.
yes that was a horrible thing to say ... tony's helicopter pilot died in the crash (left two small children)..along with some very nice innocent people ... and emilys/ricky jr's daughter rickki doest have a daddy to see her grow. you should be ashamed of your self ...please go to another forum ...
bonehead

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Oct 18, 2008
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
<quoted text>
yes that was a horrible thing to say ... tony's helicopter pilot died in the crash (left two small children)..along with some very nice innocent people ... and emilys/ricky jr's daughter rickki doest have a daddy to see her grow. you should be ashamed of your self ...please go to another forum ...
Agreed. How evil (or stoned) do you have to be to say something like that???!!!

“Go Tony!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Bear, De

#15 Oct 18, 2008
bonehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. How evil (or stoned) do you have to be to say something like that???!!!
pretty darn!
bonehead

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Oct 18, 2008
Way OT, but is anybody watching the Red Sox? Bases loaded. Count is 3-0. Oh, crap never mind. But we're still ahead 2-1.
CatRod53

Oak Brook, IL

#17 Oct 20, 2008
Martinsville is my favorite track to attend - but HMS sure has a way of taking the fun out of it for me.

What an incredibly boring afternoon! The first 1/2 of the race I watched Johnson and Gordon take turns leading and that was boring, and then the second 1/2 Johnson made it totally boring. We left with 40 laps to go to beat the crowd - but most of them left with us.

I really felt bad for Jeff Burton - he had a lot of family and friends there and I was hoping he would leave Martinsville with the lead - but his day sucked from the green flag.

And no flyover - but a really neat thing was that the soldier that served as Grand Marshall was a native of Martinsville and served 30 months in Iraq.

And I didn't get a good explanation why Kyle Busch was penalized 2 laps for causing a caution when 3 cars had right front flats at the same time! Not to mention how many other cars, including Tony, had rt front flats during the race. I think Nascar screwed him good.

Tony had a decent race going until he hit the wall. I didn't catch it if they said - but did the 22 have anything to do with that?

All in all, I think I enjoyed the truck race more.
Nascartoon

Waterford, MI

#18 Oct 20, 2008
CatRod53 wrote:
Martinsville is my favorite track to attend - but HMS sure has a way of taking the fun out of it for me.
What an incredibly boring afternoon! The first 1/2 of the race I watched Johnson and Gordon take turns leading and that was boring, and then the second 1/2 Johnson made it totally boring. We left with 40 laps to go to beat the crowd - but most of them left with us.
I really felt bad for Jeff Burton - he had a lot of family and friends there and I was hoping he would leave Martinsville with the lead - but his day sucked from the green flag.
And no flyover - but a really neat thing was that the soldier that served as Grand Marshall was a native of Martinsville and served 30 months in Iraq.
And I didn't get a good explanation why Kyle Busch was penalized 2 laps for causing a caution when 3 cars had right front flats at the same time! Not to mention how many other cars, including Tony, had rt front flats during the race. I think Nascar screwed him good.
Tony had a decent race going until he hit the wall. I didn't catch it if they said - but did the 22 have anything to do with that?
All in all, I think I enjoyed the truck race more.
Kyle was penalized for stopping on the track to bring out a caution, instead of getting to pit road. He really screwed himself good. Nascar seems to have really cracked down some this year on that sort of thing.
CatRod53

Oak Brook, IL

#19 Oct 20, 2008
Nascartoon wrote:
<quoted text>Kyle was penalized for stopping on the track to bring out a caution, instead of getting to pit road. He really screwed himself good. Nascar seems to have really cracked down some this year on that sort of thing.
Hmmm ... I totally disagree with Nascar ... but I do that alot. Thanks for the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denny Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denny Hamlin: 'NASCAR Drivers Should Be Making ... Oct '17 BePhartse 2
News Could NASCAR victory burnouts be a thing of the... (Aug '16) Aug '16 I know dats right 2
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News Danica Patrick confronts Denny Hamlin after col... (Feb '15) Apr '15 joe glazer 22
News Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkerTrain24 1
News Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Let it go 12
News NASCARa s Kyle Larson expands fan club from 201... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Lets go racing 6
More from around the web