Stremme expected to be Cup test drive...

Stremme expected to be Cup test driver for Penske

There are 8 comments on the www.nascar.com story from Apr 13, 2008, titled Stremme expected to be Cup test driver for Penske. In it, www.nascar.com reports that:

You can expect an announcement this coming week that David Stremme has agreed to join Penske Racing as a test driver for the organization's Sprint Cup program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nascar.com.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#1 Apr 13, 2008
Oh yeah ! This only means one thing to me, Stremme in the #77 at Lowes and Sam in the #77 at the Indy 500!!! Yiphee!!
Not a Junya fan

Temperance, MI

#2 Apr 13, 2008
Sounds like a possibility to me. Now that the open wheel is more unified perhaps Hornish is ready to go back. He just seems like he is out for a Sunday drive in the NASCAR races.
a racer

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2008
I am a Stremme fan... In fact, I used to race against his father, Lou. Nice people. If an open wheel three time winner of indy 500 (Franchitti) connot do as good as our local driver in the same machine with the same crew and owner, well, I'd say that speaks loud and clear. Stremme got a raw deal and it is no wonder he would hesitate getting into another cup car. I heard that he has turned down two deals on cup cars.
Junior Nation

United States

#4 Apr 14, 2008
a racer wrote:
I am a Stremme fan... In fact, I used to race against his father, Lou. Nice people. If an open wheel three time winner of indy 500 (Franchitti) connot do as good as our local driver in the same machine with the same crew and owner, well, I'd say that speaks loud and clear. Stremme got a raw deal and it is no wonder he would hesitate getting into another cup car. I heard that he has turned down two deals on cup cars.
I agree with you completely. Stremme got a really raw deal. I like him and thought he was doing pretty good and getting better. I heard the same thing that he has turned a few cup deals down. It will be interesting.

I think another one that got a raw deal was Johnny Sauter. I was glad to see him back in the 70 on Saturday and he was doing great until that he ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time (no fault of his). Sure hope Haas give him another shot at least at Dega.

Morris, IL

#5 Apr 14, 2008
Everyone can like Stremme all they want he didn't produce results cut and dry. Dario is a rookie once again and will show you I have no doubt he will catch on! He didn't win Indy 3 times that's the wackiest thing I've heard! He won one time last year! He's only been in say 10 stock car races, it's just not really worth addressing. Stremme doesn't have a job because he has the opportunities to win and keep his job and couldn't do it. He lost his sponsorship so he's gone!

Morris, IL

#6 Apr 14, 2008
a racer wrote:
I wonder if Indy will give him the title of 3 times winner now you said it instead of 1 ! LOL.

Morris, IL

#7 Apr 14, 2008
http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dstremme00/...
That's why Chip fired him! If Dario doesn't get those results he could be done too in time. The big hit to Stremme was coors light he was a driver who came with sponsorship! Ride buyer.

Morris, IL

#8 Apr 14, 2008
I have to correct myself I asked around and I'm wrong about him being a ride buyer, sorry I was mistaken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
News 2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
News Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
News One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
News Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
News Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
News Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8