Franchitti starts up front

Franchitti starts up front

There are 25 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 8, 2007, titled Franchitti starts up front. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

It's called the catbird's seat for a reason, and Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti is perched squarely in it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old Guy

Noblesville, IN

#2 Sep 9, 2007
OK, "Hollow Men", the technician called and it's time for your electro-shock treatment, then back to the padded room.
JSB

AOL

#3 Sep 9, 2007
The NFL opened it's season on Thursday, sorry.
If you hate the IRL so much why are you even reading a story about it on here? What a loser you must be.
MKP

Fort Thomas, KY

#4 Sep 9, 2007
The Hollow Men wrote:
>>>"Already one of the most recognizable race car drivers in the world and married to actress Ashley Judd<<<"
So recognizeable that iRL broadcast partner, ABC, showed his beaky mug with Julio CastroNevah in their Dancing With The Stars promo two different times.
Nice shilling there, Curt.
Let's be thankful that yet another painful and misdrirected iRL season has come to a merciful end and we won't have to waste space in the sports section with this agenda driven, propoganda spewing, hate filled racing series.
How fitting that the leaders with the vision, euthanize the series this year on opening day in a major market for the NFL when nobody will notice.
"Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
The Horror.........
The Horror.........
.
.
.
.
.The HORRROR"
AAAAHHHHH....another bitter, inferior feeling Chump Car fan. Besides Purdue fans, you guys are the biggest whiners out there in the sports world. Doesn't it suck being a fan of a series nobody cares for, writes about or is attended by an audience? And I am in no way trying to prop the IRL up, I just like calling you Chump Car fools out.

Recent ESPN Poll for the top racing series; NASCAR 59%(of the votes), NHRA 13%, MOTORCYCLE EVENTS 10%, FORMULA ONE 6%, IRL 6%, CHUMP CAR 1%.

Funny, isn't it.
jim bob

AOL

#5 Sep 9, 2007
Milka will take-out Danica and Michael Andretti and Kim Green will have an awful off season trying to fill Dario's seat - the replacement? Kenny Wallace - all talk and no show so Danica will have one less driver she'll have to pass to try to get her first win. Think the fat accountant guy at AGR will try to fist fight Chip if Ganassi signs Dario?

“Chics rule”

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis

#6 Sep 9, 2007
The Hollow Men wrote:
>>>"Already one of the most recognizable race car drivers in the world and married to actress Ashley Judd<<<"
So recognizeable that iRL broadcast partner, ABC, showed his beaky mug with Julio CastroNevah in their Dancing With The Stars promo two different times.
Nice shilling there, Curt.
Let's be thankful that yet another painful and misdrirected iRL season has come to a merciful end and we won't have to waste space in the sports section with this agenda driven, propoganda spewing, hate filled racing series.
How fitting that the leaders with the vision, euthanize the series this year on opening day in a major market for the NFL when nobody will notice.
"Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
The Horror.........
The Horror.........
.
.
.
.
.The HORRROR"
Again if you don't like it why do you watch it and have to put your 2 cents in when you just sound like a broken record again and again. Move on from the split and get a hobby, if you're so broken up about the IRL and know so much you must be watching. Move on now there's life out there and by all means what anothere freakin sport.

“Chics rule”

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis

#7 Sep 9, 2007
jim bob wrote:
Milka will take-out Danica and Michael Andretti and Kim Green will have an awful off season trying to fill Dario's seat - the replacement? Kenny Wallace - all talk and no show so Danica will have one less driver she'll have to pass to try to get her first win. Think the fat accountant guy at AGR will try to fist fight Chip if Ganassi signs Dario?
You're reaching aren't you? AGR will sign Jamie CAmera bet look him up then you can come back and bash some more, have fun.

“Chics rule”

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis

#8 Sep 9, 2007
MKP wrote:
<quoted text>
AAAAHHHHH....another bitter, inferior feeling Chump Car fan. Besides Purdue fans, you guys are the biggest whiners out there in the sports world. Doesn't it suck being a fan of a series nobody cares for, writes about or is attended by an audience? And I am in no way trying to prop the IRL up, I just like calling you Chump Car fools out.
Recent ESPN Poll for the top racing series; NASCAR 59%(of the votes), NHRA 13%, MOTORCYCLE EVENTS 10%, FORMULA ONE 6%, IRL 6%, CHUMP CAR 1%.
Funny, isn't it.
Aren't these lil pests annoying, I think it 's the same loser he really needs to move on. The funny thing is he's watching it to know so much which is ironic.
SWT-500

Plainfield, IN

#9 Sep 9, 2007
For those of you who don't like the IRL, open up another Billy Bob Beer, tune in to Robin Miller and watch something else like NASCAR or it's first cousin, professional wrestling. Perhaps Indycar racing won't be as it was in our lifetimes but your comments are just hate. There is lots of blame and lots of work to do for sure. Nothing will improve until there is a re-unification. One thing TG should realize is that NASCAR, like the Saudis, is NOT our friend.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#10 Sep 9, 2007
FRANCHITTI WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIP....POOR DIXON RAN OUT OF PETROL...DRAT! CONGRATS TO Dario!

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#11 Sep 9, 2007
mindy wrote:
FRANCHITTI WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIP....POOR DIXON RAN OUT OF PETROL...DRAT! CONGRATS TO Dario!
Love his accent, although I do wonder what he wears under his kilt????

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#12 Sep 9, 2007
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Love his accent, although I do wonder what he wears under his kilt????
Ashley knows,lol..might be a V12 for all we know*snicker*
Danica Fan

Ontario, OH

#13 Sep 9, 2007
Did Danica's car slip before or after she moved the steering wheel? Looked to me like the latter. Go AGR and Brian can't penalize a pit road incident, as he was only looking at on track blocking. This is almost as laughable as NASCAR. Heard the Chase is including 13 drivers so that Jr. can make it in.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#14 Sep 9, 2007
Danica Fan wrote:
Did Danica's car slip before or after she moved the steering wheel? Looked to me like the latter. Go AGR and Brian can't penalize a pit road incident, as he was only looking at on track blocking. This is almost as laughable as NASCAR. Heard the Chase is including 13 drivers so that Jr. can make it in.
Dude or dudette,please go get yourself and drink and chill,get laid and you will make it out from under your rock by tomorrow for sure! Just remember to cap it so there are no offspring! Have a great Sunday night! All in fun ya know man!;-)
the truth

Ft Mitchell, KY

#15 Sep 9, 2007
How classless was a reporter giving Dario the trophy. Way to go Tony G and Brian B. You goofed the whole cermony. Go back to church and learn the source of love.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#16 Sep 9, 2007
the truth wrote:
How classless was a reporter giving Dario the trophy. Way to go Tony G and Brian B. You goofed the whole cermony. Go back to church and learn the source of love.
Yeah,i agree with you there,they should have been there and they are talking about it on Dave Despain,whether or not a mix up the "big guns" should have been there share the Victory moment! That is a bunch of bunk and not a relection of True Admiration of the IRL!
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#17 Sep 9, 2007
SWT-500 wrote:
For those of you who don't like the IRL, open up another Billy Bob Beer, tune in to Robin Miller and watch something else like NASCAR or it's first cousin, professional wrestling. Perhaps Indycar racing won't be as it was in our lifetimes but your comments are just hate. There is lots of blame and lots of work to do for sure. Nothing will improve until there is a re-unification. One thing TG should realize is that NASCAR, like the Saudis, is NOT our friend.
I assume you did'nt watch the the Richmond race last night HUH? It was one of best races in a while. Four of all racings' biggest stars were battling it out for many laps and it was great. You need to back up comparing it to wrestling. Nascar blows the IRL away and I like the IRL. It's just not as top notch quality racing like Nascar is. Granted, they have some issues that need addressed but overall it is a far more superior series than the IRL. I don't see any Nascar drivers jumping ship to go to the IRL and now the IRLs' Champion is coming over. How embarrassing that must be for them.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#19 Sep 9, 2007
meatlocker wrote:
<quoted text>
prolly a sausage casing.
That brand would be none other than "Lamb Skin" lol(the best);-)
Bobby J

United States

#20 Sep 9, 2007
YAWN

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#21 Sep 9, 2007
Bobby J wrote:
YAWN
Bring more than a yawn to the table...What is your take?
you are

AOL

#22 Sep 9, 2007
The Hollow Men wrote:
>>>"Already one of the most recognizable race car drivers in the world and married to actress Ashley Judd<<<"
So recognizeable that iRL broadcast partner, ABC, showed his beaky mug with Julio CastroNevah in their Dancing With The Stars promo two different times.
Nice shilling there, Curt.
Let's be thankful that yet another painful and misdrirected iRL season has come to a merciful end and we won't have to waste space in the sports section with this agenda driven, propoganda spewing, hate filled racing series.
How fitting that the leaders with the vision, euthanize the series this year on opening day in a major market for the NFL when nobody will notice.
"Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
The Horror.........
The Horror.........
.
.
.
.
.The HORRROR"
You not only hate the IRL you have a problem with Curt? What's the matter with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
News 2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
News Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
News One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
News Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
News Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
News Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
More from around the web