As owner, Stewart would be a great ga...

As owner, Stewart would be a great garage voice

There are 13 comments on the msn.foxsports.com story from Apr 12, 2008, titled As owner, Stewart would be a great garage voice. In it, msn.foxsports.com reports that:

There's not another driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage that has given more back to grassroots racing than Tony Stewart.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at msn.foxsports.com.

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Big mistake.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#2 Apr 12, 2008
I'm not too sure about it either. I think he likes driving more. Owning a team is more a business thing.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#3 Apr 12, 2008
you got that right '' would be a biigggggggg mistake...

“Scroll and Ignore Wagon”

Since: Oct 07

Cairo, GA

#4 Apr 12, 2008
well he can't drive forever...

but he could be do both for several years like Sr. and don't forget Jeff is part owner of Jimmie's car.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#5 Apr 12, 2008
rumor

Since: Apr 07

AOL

#6 Apr 12, 2008
He's so said many time that he rather drive. He likes owning teams because there isn't too many politics BS like NASCAR.

Since: Mar 08

Charlotte, NC

#7 Apr 12, 2008
I'm not sure it would work out; I guess I'd never really pictured him in that role before.

Never say never!

Since: Dec 07

Burlington, NC

#8 Apr 12, 2008
Tony will reach that point, some day, when he decides that racing all the time is not what he wants to do. It's a sad possibility which, as each season goes by, becomes closer to a reality.
I am not sure he's ready for it now, so becoming a part owner wouldn't necessarly mean he would not be driving.

But it sure would be stange to see Tony in a different scenario than what we have been used to for so long, at least as far NASCAR Cup goes.

But change makes the World go 'round and 'round, wether we are ready for it or not.

So, here's to whatever makes Smoke happy and keeps him in the sport longer!

United States

#10 Apr 12, 2008
I think he should be the president of NASCAR!!!

“TonyfanAnn”

Someplace in the United States

#11 Apr 12, 2008
This is never going to happen. Tony has said himself that he is not leaving Gibbs Racing. That he will be there until he retires. So unless he plans on retiring at the end of 2009, this is not going to happen

And he will not be going to a Chevy team, so people might as well stop with this rumor.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

yes we can*health reform**

#12 Apr 12, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
I think he should be the president of NASCAR!!!
are you sick an running a fever..........lol..........
instincts are great

Charlotte, NC

#13 Apr 13, 2008
If Tony went to Haas that would be the biggest mistake he could make. Why would he even consider pairing up with that crook Haas? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#14 Apr 13, 2008
yummy, this time I got a hamburger with my peanuts!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
News 2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
News Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
News One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
News Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
News Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
News Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
More from around the web