David Stremme out at Ganassi; Indy 500 winner Dario Franchitti said to be on deck

Sep 7, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The South Mississippi Sun Herald

“In my conversation with David, I explained to him two or three different deals I'm working on for him”

Reed Sorenson will likely be the only American driver competing in the Nextel Cup Series next season with Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. via The South Mississippi Sun Herald

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#1 Sep 7, 2007
The great American sport is'nt the Great American sport any longer. Toyota came in and now the foreign drivers are coming. Montoya, Franchitti, Villneuve, I wonder who will ne next? The IRL must be pretty sad for those guys to jump ship and come to Nascar. I guess everybody wants to come to America now days. Baseball is full of foreign players and the NHL is almost all foreign players and there are even more and more every year in the NBA. The foreign athletes and professsionals from all walks of life come to the good ole USA to get rich and us Americans just keep on buying foreign cars and other products and make other countries wealthier while their athletes get rich here and we just keep struggling to get by. I guess the almighty American dollar is going everywhere but into average Americans' pockets. Oh well, Noone seems to care! P.S. I would bet a paycheck that there is some young gun American kid that would love to show what he's got and drive for Chip Ganassi. Dario and Ashley have enough cash. Let someone else have a chance!!!!!
Les2

New Philadelphia, OH

#2 Sep 7, 2007
whos gonna drive the 40 car ?
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#3 Sep 7, 2007
Les2 wrote:
Who Cares?

Since: Aug 07

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
The great American sport is'nt the Great American sport any longer. Toyota came in and now the foreign drivers are coming. Montoya, Franchitti, Villneuve, I wonder who will ne next? The IRL must be pretty sad for those guys to jump ship and come to Nascar. I guess everybody wants to come to America now days. Baseball is full of foreign players and the NHL is almost all foreign players and there are even more and more every year in the NBA. The foreign athletes and professsionals from all walks of life come to the good ole USA to get rich and us Americans just keep on buying foreign cars and other products and make other countries wealthier while their athletes get rich here and we just keep struggling to get by. I guess the almighty American dollar is going everywhere but into average Americans' pockets. Oh well, Noone seems to care! P.S. I would bet a paycheck that there is some young gun American kid that would love to show what he's got and drive for Chip Ganassi. Dario and Ashley have enough cash. Let someone else have a chance!!!!!
Why do drivers have to stay in one league, they always change. In fact Franchitti has drove in many different series. He lives in America, Montoya lives in America and Villenueve lives in Canada. These drivers are coming at the prime of their careers and even if someone was talented to drive for Ganassi he signed JPM the reason being is talent.
The only one who came from the IRL is Franchitti and who knows if he's coming the rest have been to F-1 which we all know isn't sad. Can you imagine how these guys like say Montoya has to do to get up to this level? I think he's earned it.
Just my opinion that's all.

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 7, 2007
Les2 wrote:
I think they said Stremme may get a sponser still or Dario Franchitti may be eyeing the spot.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#6 Sep 8, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Why do drivers have to stay in one league, they always change. In fact Franchitti has drove in many different series. He lives in America, Montoya lives in America and Villenueve lives in Canada. These drivers are coming at the prime of their careers and even if someone was talented to drive for Ganassi he signed JPM the reason being is talent.
The only one who came from the IRL is Franchitti and who knows if he's coming the rest have been to F-1 which we all know isn't sad. Can you imagine how these guys like say Montoya has to do to get up to this level? I think he's earned it.
I agree they have earned it. I just think that it is sad that it is so hard for god young American Stock car drivers get left out of these oppurtunities. These foreign drivers and drivers from other leagues get a shot before young drivers do. They need development also when they come in just like a young driver does. Some of these guys are greedy too. I don't agree with Cup drivers running full time in the Busch series eother. Why?

AOL

#7 Sep 8, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>I agree they have earned it. I just think that it is sad that it is so hard for god young American Stock car drivers get left out of these oppurtunities. These foreign drivers and drivers from other leagues get a shot before young drivers do. They need development also when they come in just like a young driver does. Some of these guys are greedy too. I don't agree with Cup drivers running full time in the Busch series eother. Why?
Yeah I don't think it's fair for the Nextel drivers to run Busch just because it's easier. You know soon the Nextel cup will be the best of the best but I do hate it every week when they say the go or go home.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#8 Sep 8, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I don't think it's fair for the Nextel drivers to run Busch just because it's easier. You know soon the Nextel cup will be the best of the best but I do hate it every week when they say the go or go home.
I see the Busch series as the minor leagues of Nascar. It should be used to develop young drivers or for teams that are not a big budget ouyfits. I don't see why "The big boye get so much pleasure in stealing the thunder from those guys!
matt

Kokomo, IN

#9 Sep 12, 2007
man you have hit it on the head, you are so right. nascar, what does that mean well it was hillbillys and rednecks, now it is mexicans and frenchmen yea that is something that i am not going to watch. david is one hell of a race car driver if chip gave a damn about him he would see that but he does'nt. o well now what for david? what is wrong with america today? why cant people see what is happening to this place.

AOL

#10 Sep 12, 2007
matt wrote:
man you have hit it on the head, you are so right. nascar, what does that mean well it was hillbillys and rednecks, now it is mexicans and frenchmen yea that is something that i am not going to watch. david is one hell of a race car driver if chip gave a damn about him he would see that but he does'nt. o well now what for david? what is wrong with america today? why cant people see what is happening to this place.
Chip has an agenda it just might not be mine or yours.
DATSYUK FAN

Lennon, MI

#11 Sep 18, 2007
Les2 wrote:
i do not know but chip quit on david when he runs strong he coulde have won a race this year

AOL

#12 Sep 18, 2007
Les2 wrote:
They haven't announced it yet but Dario Franchitti of Indycar if you don't know who he is he won the Indy 500 in 2007. It is sad that Stremme will be let go but I'm hoping he gets a ride.
JR-SR FAN

Cary, NC

#13 Sep 18, 2007
Would you ppl get your head out of your rectum, please! It's all about the money. It always is. Chip knows he isn't going to get Dale Jr. or Jeff Gordon to drive for him but he can get an Open wheel driver that already has fan recognition. The bigger the name of the driver, the bigger the sponsorship. If David had won some races with the car he wouldn't be losing it. Everyone gets promoted to their first level of incompetence in life and David is there. He is a great kid but he struggled just as bad in Busch. NASCAR has let the Cup drivers raid the Busch series till the talent pool has dried up.

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Sep 18, 2007
Until foriegn drivers actually start winning races, until they grow up in the US on oval tracks, and learn how to drive stocks at a young age. Until they learn settup, stockcar engineering, and end up besting American drivers at the age of 20 instead of 35 or 40, I am not worried about the great American sport being taken over by them.

As for Toyota, what the hell do people expect. They sell more cars than Ford in the US!

Get a grip.

AOL

#15 Sep 18, 2007
JR-SR FAN wrote:
Would you ppl get your head out of your rectum, please! It's all about the money. It always is. Chip knows he isn't going to get Dale Jr. or Jeff Gordon to drive for him but he can get an Open wheel driver that already has fan recognition. The bigger the name of the driver, the bigger the sponsorship. If David had won some races with the car he wouldn't be losing it. Everyone gets promoted to their first level of incompetence in life and David is there. He is a great kid but he struggled just as bad in Busch. NASCAR has let the Cup drivers raid the Busch series till the talent pool has dried up.
My head isn't in my butt, lol, I knew this and I personally like Chip and being an open wheel fan I totally like this decision. With that said I don't want to see Stremme go but Chips the man who makes the decisions.

AOL

#16 Sep 18, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
Until foriegn drivers actually start winning races, until they grow up in the US on oval tracks, and learn how to drive stocks at a young age. Until they learn settup, stockcar engineering, and end up besting American drivers at the age of 20 instead of 35 or 40, I am not worried about the great American sport being taken over by them.
As for Toyota, what the hell do people expect. They sell more cars than Ford in the US!
Get a grip.
I guess you missed Montoya win in Nextel and Busch this season, huh? None of them need to know what's in the engine, that's why they have tons of money to hire people to do that. Sure Foyt could do it but that doesn't happen anymore, if you stick around I'm sure you'll see some of these you doubt win. I know Montoya will that's for sure !

Since: Apr 07

United States

#17 Sep 19, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you missed Montoya win in Nextel and Busch this season, huh? None of them need to know what's in the engine, that's why they have tons of money to hire people to do that. Sure Foyt could do it but that doesn't happen anymore, if you stick around I'm sure you'll see some of these you doubt win. I know Montoya will that's for sure !
Oh that's right!
That's it boys, theya winning races! I says we hang em' all, den bols em' in oil, the dam feriners!

I could not care less.

If it is important for us to have an American drivers in the 24 Hours of LeMans, have an American driver in F1, etc. what of it.

Tell ya what, I totally recant what I said up top. I hope there is a foriegn influx in NASCAR that makes every American sit up and take note that racing is an International exercise.

Down with motorsports bigotry.
Racing Fan

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Why do drivers have to stay in one league, they always change. In fact Franchitti has drove in many different series. He lives in America, Montoya lives in America and Villenueve lives in Canada. These drivers are coming at the prime of their careers and even if someone was talented to drive for Ganassi he signed JPM the reason being is talent.
Dario is not the only one from IRL SO IS Hornish who is driving some for Penske when he can get qualified.

AOL

#19 Sep 19, 2007
Racing Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Dario is not the only one from IRL SO IS Hornish who is driving some for Penske when he can get qualified.
I don't have much faith in Hornish, by the way he's found sucess to run in Indycar, but I think Nextel could be career suicide for him. Sorry that's just how I feel.
Racing Fan

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have much faith in Hornish, by the way he's found sucess to run in Indycar, but I think Nextel could be career suicide for him. Sorry that's just how I feel.
With is personality he will never be very popular if he does switch to Nascar. His dad will be tring to whip everyone on
pit row.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

David Stremme People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••