Addington OK with Stewart

Addington OK with Stewart

There are 16 comments on the News Observer story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Addington OK with Stewart. In it, News Observer reports that:

Kyle Busch's crew chief, Steve Addington, said the finish to Saturday night's Coke Zero 400 was simply a product of restrictor-plate racing and he wasn't mad at anyone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Jul 6, 2009
The only people mad were people that don't understand racing. The ones that go to the races to see wrecks or hate Kyle were probably thrilled. Fans of racing held their breaths and hoped we weren't going to see another death at Daytona. It was no ones fault. It could have been Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin in first and second and the same thing would have happened. Any driver will lay it all on the line to get the win. Thank God and Earnhardt for the safety equipment so everyone walked away.
Barr

Temperance, MI

#2 Jul 6, 2009
I've not heard it mentioned how quickly Steward closed the door on Hamlin when he pushed Kyle to the lead. Had Hamlin been able to sneak by too I think Kyle would have won.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Jul 6, 2009
Barr wrote:
I've not heard it mentioned how quickly Steward closed the door on Hamlin when he pushed Kyle to the lead. Had Hamlin been able to sneak by too I think Kyle would have won.
I think that if Kyle had just held his line instead of trying to do all of that blocking, he might have won.

Personally, I think that Kyle should stick to Sprint Cup racing and drop all of the extra curricular racing he does. He was probably totally drained by the end of that race after doing the Grand Am earlier. JMO.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jul 6, 2009
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that if Kyle had just held his line instead of trying to do all of that blocking, he might have won.
Personally, I think that Kyle should stick to Sprint Cup racing and drop all of the extra curricular racing he does. He was probably totally drained by the end of that race after doing the Grand Am earlier. JMO.
I think Kyle had used up all of his race car by the end and Tony still had more to give. I felt bad for Tony in Victory lane I felt he took away rom his victory by worrying about if he did something wrong. Anyone can tell it was just a racing thing. At first I did say well if you don't move and keep blocking Tony he will move you but Tony didn't have to Kyle made a mistake and took himself out

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Kyle had used up all of his race car by the end and Tony still had more to give. I felt bad for Tony in Victory lane I felt he took away rom his victory by worrying about if he did something wrong. Anyone can tell it was just a racing thing. At first I did say well if you don't move and keep blocking Tony he will move you but Tony didn't have to Kyle made a mistake and took himself out
True.

It almost looked like Kyle lost some control of the car on that last block. I mean it really pitched up the track and his hands were really moving on the wheel. I think he was pooped!

But, then again, that's Daytona and the restrictor plate racing. There is almost always a big one at the end.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
It almost looked like Kyle lost some control of the car on that last block. I mean it really pitched up the track and his hands were really moving on the wheel. I think he was pooped!
But, then again, that's Daytona and the restrictor plate racing. There is almost always a big one at the end.
Pretty much always a big wreck on the last few laps thats what most of the fans look forward for. But I was proud of Tony wanting to make sure Kyle knew it wasn't intentional but I think Kyle could of showed alittle more maturity than he did everyone could have expected him to be pissed but hey come out and say im pissed we wrecked but hell it was sure fun racing with Tony at the end.

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#7 Jul 6, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much always a big wreck on the last few laps thats what most of the fans look forward for. But I was proud of Tony wanting to make sure Kyle knew it wasn't intentional but I think Kyle could of showed alittle more maturity than he did everyone could have expected him to be pissed but hey come out and say im pissed we wrecked but hell it was sure fun racing with Tony at the end.
Maybe he was a little shaken up after the wreck, after all He did take a pretty hard hit.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 6, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much always a big wreck on the last few laps thats what most of the fans look forward for. But I was proud of Tony wanting to make sure Kyle knew it wasn't intentional but I think Kyle could of showed alittle more maturity than he did everyone could have expected him to be pissed but hey come out and say im pissed we wrecked but hell it was sure fun racing with Tony at the end.
For real. I haven't even seen or heard any interviews from Kyle since the accident-have you?
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jul 6, 2009
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
For real. I haven't even seen or heard any interviews from Kyle since the accident-have you?
No I haven't I have read an interview from Kyle's crew chief that said he wasn't mad at Tony and it was just a racing deal.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jul 6, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he was a little shaken up after the wreck, after all He did take a pretty hard hit.
Maybe but what about the rest of the races where he runs off and refuses to comment about anything.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#11 Jul 6, 2009
Barr wrote:
I've not heard it mentioned how quickly Steward closed the door on Hamlin when he pushed Kyle to the lead. Had Hamlin been able to sneak by too I think Kyle would have won.
I noticed that when Kyle got by him Tony managed to move right in between Kyle and Denny to keep them apart. I think you're right that if Denny had been able to stay right behind Kyle then Kyle would have won. I don't think Jimmie's car was quite good enough to push Tony by both of them.
Tom

Swarthmore, PA

#12 Jul 6, 2009
Kyle definitely had his bells rang and even though I don't like him as driver I hope everything is fine. He definitely didn't look like he had it all together when he crawled out and walked to the infield while cars were still on the field, an when the officials trid to help him into the truck, an intelligent driver doen't fight them. That many hard hits in a row would rattle anyone.
TSTEWFAN

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jul 7, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much always a big wreck on the last few laps thats what most of the fans look forward for. But I was proud of Tony wanting to make sure Kyle knew it wasn't intentional but I think Kyle could of showed alittle more maturity than he did everyone could have expected him to be pissed but hey come out and say im pissed we wrecked but hell it was sure fun racing with Tony at the end.
I agree...I wish KB could have responded the way you suggested, but as both a TS and KB fan, I'll let KB slide. Just as I have done in the past when Tony has refused, and refused ALOT, to post race interviews on bad days. I have to chuckle at some of the views on these boards about what a bad guy KB is for stomping off, but how either no one remembers or possibly were not watching NASCAR just 4-5 years ago when Tony behaved the same way. Have a great day...:-)
Jim

San Diego, CA

#14 Jul 7, 2009
Shrub was going to beat up Smaoke that's a joke.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#15 Jul 7, 2009
TSTEWFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...I wish KB could have responded the way you suggested, but as both a TS and KB fan, I'll let KB slide. Just as I have done in the past when Tony has refused, and refused ALOT, to post race interviews on bad days. I have to chuckle at some of the views on these boards about what a bad guy KB is for stomping off, but how either no one remembers or possibly were not watching NASCAR just 4-5 years ago when Tony behaved the same way. Have a great day...:-)
Tony absolutely stalked off many times after a bad race. I used to think of it as his tantrum. Which is exactly what I call it when weasel does it.
I believe out of respect for their sponsors, if asked to give an interview they should. JMO!
Chill

United States

#16 Jul 7, 2009
Give Kyle a break! Geez, this is the first year Tony has snown ANY maturity and he's a 38 year old man. Take off your rose colored glasses! Tony would have done the same thing Kyle did if he weren't responsible for all those employees at SHR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
News 2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
News Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
News One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
News Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
News Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
News Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
More from around the web