Gibbs wins Kyle Busch sweepstakes

Aug 7, 2007 Full story: Charlotte.com 20

The Kyle Busch sweepstakes appear to be over. Busch, who is leaving Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the season, signed a letter of intent last week to join Joe Gibbs Racing and drive its No. 18 Chevrolet beginning next season, the Observer has learned.

Reached by phone Monday, Busch's agent, Jeff Dickerson, would neither confirm nor deny a deal with Gibbs.

'Kyle has made a decision and has a first choice,' Dickerson said. 'There are a lot of details that have yet to be worked out.' Read more

Full Story
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#1 Aug 7, 2007
I know

“I JUST LOVE RACING!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Kannapolis...EARNHARDT country

#2 Aug 7, 2007
tony and kyle fighting after the race for a spinout...awsome!!!oops the new word PRICELESS!!!
Debi Does

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2007
actually Kyle is the winner.. this is a really good move for him.. he'll be right at home
Chay

United States

#4 Aug 7, 2007
I'd take the consolation prize. LOL

In all serious, I hope Kyle Busch does well for Gibbs.

“I JUST LOVE RACING!!!”

Kannapolis...EARNHARDT country

#5 Aug 7, 2007
i hope he does well too, i think he will.

“Jack Daniels 07 Post Daytona”

Since: Feb 07

Burlington, KY

#6 Aug 7, 2007
I was anti-kyle prior to this move... I've decided to give it a chance. Shallow? Maybe, but he now has the opportunity to do well for himself, by himslef.

Stewart just might be the right person to kick that boy's rear into gear. He's been the "kid" and expected to be the "shadow" so far.... wondering what his real potential is??

“You can't get there from here!”

Since: May 07

Lincolnville,Maine

#7 Aug 7, 2007
Please No!!!!!!!!!!Anywhere but JGR!!!!!!

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#9 Aug 7, 2007
cookie_crook wrote:
i hope he does well too, i think he will.
Agreed. There's very few people who won't say Kyle can drive the wheels off a car, though he's been a bit rough on the equipment this year......

“'the most satisfying kiss..."”

Grand Forks, ND

#10 Aug 7, 2007
NASCARPOVVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. There's very few people who won't say Kyle can drive the wheels off a car, though he's been a bit rough on the equipment this year......
But the one time was Jimmie's fault he took out both kyle and Casey [mears]- but he and Tony have the respect issue worked out already so that shouldn't be an issue -

Since: Jul 07

Charlotte NC

#11 Aug 8, 2007
No doubt that Kyle is an incredible talent but not sure if Gibbs is the right fit. I can't wait for the stories that come out of this move though.
LPaolo

AOL

#12 Aug 8, 2007
Can't wait for the first finish line dash for Tony, Denny and Kyle, and post race interview with (YUK!) ESPN,
Hopefully, by then, maybe a really good network will be doing the interview~~~~~
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#13 Aug 8, 2007
hi

Grand Forks, ND

#14 Aug 8, 2007
LPaolo wrote:
Can't wait for the first finish line dash for Tony, Denny and Kyle, and post race interview with (YUK!) ESPN,
Hopefully, by then, maybe a really good network will be doing the interview~~~~~
Dosen't saying espn - make you feel just ICKY !!! It does me -

I did have to laugh when I looked at the bottom right hand corner of NASCAR 08 - and saw the 'featuring espn' on it RIGHT BELOW TONY'S PICTURE - HEEHEHEEHEHEEHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA AA- Isn't that a fitting 'poetic justice' for their rantings disguised as sports news -

I have been flipping through the espnews channels for the past two days and NOTHING ABOUT KYLE going to Gibbs - But now it's all about HOW BARRY BONDS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OWN IMAGE and not the MEDIA -

“YNWA”

Since: Jun 07

Greenwood, IN.

#15 Aug 8, 2007
Jennifer Watts wrote:
hi
Hi
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#16 Aug 8, 2007
Jennifer Watts wrote:
hi
Hi Jen, you doing okay?
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#18 Aug 8, 2007
yes me ok

Grand Forks, ND

#19 Aug 8, 2007
I say bring back fox
- as bad as that is to say - at least they had commentators that knew the sport they were trying to talk about - rusty is the only one I have ever heard of on espn - and the guy the have doing the kick of show - he does their football show too - are they going to clone him *as soon as this leaves Tjo's fingers she thinks * "OH GOD I hope NOT" -
Yeley Fan

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Aug 9, 2007
Brad Dougherty saying Kyle will definately win a championship at Gibbs! That is the laugh of the century. No way in the 18 car without a complete labotomy of that team and organization. It will never happen as long as Tony is occupying space there at J.G.R. The kid is a great pure talent, but if he was going to win a championship, he should have played his cards right at Hendricks or went to RCR. Give him Tony's ride, then maybe!
Yeley Fan

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Aug 10, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW, you just cant in touch with reality, can you! Kyle will put that 18 car where it needs to be, something Yeley would've never done, not even if he was in Tony's car! Just start pulling for Kyle and shut your damn mouth!
Pat,

Championship! meathead, not winning or running up front, and whenever you're ready to shut my damn mouth, you just let me know. For a chicken shit, you sure talk a big game.
dwhitlock

United States

#23 Aug 12, 2007
personally i feel like kyle will learn alot
from tony.way to go JGR.give them a chance the boy will calm down with instruction from
tony.I just hope the rumor of tony going to toyota is just that,a rumor.tony and jgr just
go together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
More from around the web