Franchitti celebrates title season

Dario Franchitti's future was no clearer Tuesday night as he reaped the rewards of his past performances. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
indyfan

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2007
Taxi!......Hey Taxi!!!!!!!! Oh the drama of a cab driver.
What a STEP DOWN for a top level RACE CAR driver.
Too bad the call of Hollywood is so tempting for the weak.
jrszabo

Zionsville, IN

#2 Sep 12, 2007
Franchitti speaks English so the only Nascar drive that hell be able to talk to will Jeff Gordon, because Gordon is the only Nascar driver that enunciates!!
nascar

United States

#3 Sep 12, 2007
Watched some of the celebration banquet online and Scott Dixon, at the end of his remarks, welcomed Dario to the family. That would indicate Ganassi and Nascar to me.
NoAshley

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Sep 12, 2007
Well, at least we don't have to hear Ashley's stupid comments after each race anymore.
Dario Fan

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Sep 12, 2007
NoAshley wrote:
Well, at least we don't have to hear Ashley's stupid comments after each race anymore.
Maybe we will not be seeing Papa Hornish fighting either.Nascar will cool his heels.
Ashley is OVERRATED

West Lafayette, IN

#6 Sep 12, 2007
NoAshley wrote:
Amen brother! She comes across as knowing a few key phrases and like a typical chick trying to sound knowledgeable but is not, falls flat. Dario has the best of both worlds now. He can go to the retirement league in Napcar and putt-putt around and collect a paycheck like 30+ other "racers" in NASCRAP and then come home to race in the Greatest Spectacle in Racing in May. Kudos Dario! Enjoy the new yawner of a series because lord knows the cabs are BORING!
caribe18

New Philadelphia, OH

#8 Sep 12, 2007
If the cab's are so boring how come so many people show up ? Don't comment - I know.
Local late models

Worthville, KY

#9 Sep 12, 2007
caribe18 wrote:
If the cab's are so boring how come so many people show up ? Don't comment - I know.
Because they don't know anything about racing.
indyfan

United States

#11 Sep 12, 2007
McDonald's serves more beef than Ruth Criss Steakhouse. Which one is better?
Just because there are more sheepeople at the cab races doesn't make it better RACING!

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#12 Sep 12, 2007
caribe18 wrote:
Redneck Family Reunions? Mullet Contest? PBR Drinking Contest? Tatoo Show? RV Exhibit? Floppy Titty Show? Tooth Counting Contest? Need I go on?
Bye Bye Open Wheelers

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Sep 12, 2007
Bye Bye Open Wheelers. And OH yeah... "the Greatest Spectacle" NOT the "Greatest Race in Racing". And NOT the "Biggest Purse" or "Biggest Championship Payout" in racing either! Hasn't been in a long time. And that says it all. You can take that to the bank!
CareerLeader

Louisville, KY

#15 Sep 12, 2007
"Ryan Hunter-Reay received the IRL's Rookie of the Year award, which came with a $50,000 bonus. Alex Lloyd was honored as the Indy Pro Series champion."

Carpentier just called... Danica owes him a rookie of the year award and $50k.

Why is Hunter-Reay a rookie? Carpentier wasn't considered a rookie when he beat Danica in championship points because he had won a champcar race. I believe Hunter-Reay not only won, but set a record for most laps led in a single event during his first win.

From now on, nobody can quote Barnhart's opinion about anything that happens on track. Nobody running this series has any credibility whatsoever.

If they're opening their mouth they're promoting their cause, which is not related in any way to playing fair.
CareerLeader

Louisville, KY

#16 Sep 12, 2007
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck Family Reunions? Mullet Contest? PBR Drinking Contest? Tatoo Show? RV Exhibit? Floppy Titty Show? Tooth Counting Contest? Need I go on?
Sounds like Georgetown Rd. the night before the 500 (at least it sounds like that night back in the days when they could fill all of the stands at the track).
CareerLeader

Louisville, KY

#17 Sep 12, 2007
Dario's future is perfectly clear with very specific details already on signed paper.

The idiot is losing fans by the day as he continues to lie about his future being "uncertain".

Dario listen: Tell the truth.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#18 Sep 12, 2007
CareerLeader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Georgetown Rd. the night before the 500 (at least it sounds like that night back in the days when they could fill all of the stands at the track).
So which event do you participate in?

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#19 Sep 12, 2007
Bye Bye Open Wheelers wrote:
Bye Bye Open Wheelers. And OH yeah... "the Greatest Spectacle" NOT the "Greatest Race in Racing". And NOT the "Biggest Purse" or "Biggest Championship Payout" in racing either! Hasn't been in a long time. And that says it all. You can take that to the bank!
As stated MANY times before...Popular doesn't mean better. You go ahaead and continue to be a follower. Enjoy yourself.
CareerLeader

Louisville, KY

#20 Sep 12, 2007
"Any driver from open wheel who goes to NASCAR is in for a big challenge," he said. "That would be the attraction."

Wow, Did Dario just imply that the Indycar series isn't really a challenge to him?

I guess he's right... there were only three teams that ever fielded a car capable of winning.

After all, if you can flip twice and crash out twice more in your last five races and still only have one guy in the hunt... the competition really wasn't all that close.
BET

New Lenox, IL

#21 Sep 12, 2007
No one cares about the IRL or the douche bag drivers.

This sport is as lame as the WNBA!

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#22 Sep 12, 2007
BET wrote:
No one cares about the IRL or the douche bag drivers.
This sport is as lame as the WNBA!
Strange....You seem to go to every IRL story and make similar statements. YOU must really care to do so. You are amongst friends....you can admit that you really do love the IRL.
The CCWS faithful will understand. Only the captain need go down with that sinking ship.
Rusty

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Sep 12, 2007
The challenge of going to NASCAR isn't in the driving. He'll have no problems lugging a big old heavy taxicab around ovals. The challenges will be in putting up with a gruelling schedule where he lives on the road most of the year, works nearly every weekend until the holidays, and is a foreigner in a land of good ol' boys who won't want to draft with him.

Wake up kids...driving an open-wheel open-cockpit car is much more difficult than driving a taxicab.

I believe him when he says he hasn't made up his mind. I've heard rumors that he was offered $30 million for five years. So I'm sure he's thinking about all that money. I can also assure you he's thinking about the demanding schedule, the unfriendly traffic on the oval, and the inability to run the Indy 500 for the next five years or more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Stremme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cole Whitt to replace David Stremme at Swan Rac... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RacingFan20 1
News 2-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip to en... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Terry 5
News Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
News One wreck knocks two Sprint Cup drivers from field (Dec '10) Dec '10 mg from cedar rap... 1
News Michael Waltrip, David Stremme in new rides, on... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dillinger 6
News Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
News Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
More from around the web