Ragan, Kahne race for Chase

Ragan, Kahne race for Chase

There are 68 comments on the www.signonsandiego.com story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Ragan, Kahne race for Chase. In it, www.signonsandiego.com reports that:

Denny Hamlin and Clint Bowyer are in. David Ragan and Kasey Kahne want to knock them out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.signonsandiego.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#1 Sep 3, 2008
Honestly I don't know which one I'd want between Kasey and Ragan. Ragan wrecked 22 times last year and has done a complete 180. He might deserve it

Since: Jan 07

Morganton NC

#2 Sep 4, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
Honestly I don't know which one I'd want between Kasey and Ragan. Ragan wrecked 22 times last year and has done a complete 180. He might deserve it
Well I look at Kasey's two points wins and the all-star race. I don't think if you haven't won a race you don't belong in the chase. I like David but Kasey is my driver so I might be biased.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#3 Sep 4, 2008
Nannie wrote:
<quoted text>Well I look at Kasey's two points wins and the all-star race. I don't think if you haven't won a race you don't belong in the chase. I like David but Kasey is my driver so I might be biased.
So that means Tony, Jeff, Greg, and Kevin shouldn't be in chase just because they haven't won yet? That's not fair.
Junior Nation

United States

#4 Sep 4, 2008
Nannie wrote:
<quoted text>Well I look at Kasey's two points wins and the all-star race. I don't think if you haven't won a race you don't belong in the chase. I like David but Kasey is my driver so I might be biased.
I like all 3 that are fighting for that last spot so it makes it hard for me to decide which two should be left out. It would be nice to see Kasey in it especially since he is Dodge's only chance to be in the chase and yes he did win 2 point races. David has been doing a great job this year and has been staying towards the front week in and week out.

The only flaw in the statement about not being in the chase if you haven't won a race well that would leave out JG, TS, MK, GB, & KH.
CDJ

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 4, 2008
I am a Kahne fan and I believe that Kasey has worked just as hard as Ragan this season so how do justify Ragan deserves a shot a Kahne doesn't? Did Kahne deserve to lose so many points at Michigan because he was caught up in a wreck caused by another drivers spotter? That was not of his control, the outcome of that race and his placement in the chase could have left him in the top ten and placed another driver in his position. Of course if it had been JG or TS the outcry would be fierce. Most think Kahne is just a pretty boy without talent. I hope he blows the doors off the whole field at Richmond and shows them all that he is capable of being in the Bud car and in the the damn chase. Then maybe the reporters will shut up.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#6 Sep 4, 2008
I agree 100%, CDJ.

The 9 team's goals this year were:

1) Become more consistent.

and

2) Make the Chase.

They've completed Goal #1. They haven't been extremely consistent, but wayyy more than in recent years.

Kasey has worked just as hard, if not harder, than Ragan this year. Especially after what they went through last year. I just don't understand how people can say that Ragan deserves it more than Kasey does when they BOTH have pretty much done a 180.

I hope Kasey blows them all away at Richmond too. It's not even his fault that he's out of the Chase...so I hope he goes out and shows everyone that he deserves to be in the Chase. If he misses it, that's okay because they tried...and they tried hard. I know they aren't going to go down without a fight, and that's all I can really ask for. Fight to the end, boys.
Junior Nation

United States

#7 Sep 5, 2008
I'm confused, it don't see anywhere where is anyone was basing KK and that DR deserves to be in the chase more than him. I know I said I liked all 3 of them that are fighting for that last spot and that it's hard to choose.

I don't see anywhere on here that says KK doesn't deserve to be in the in the Bud car or that KK is just a pretty boy without talent. Dang, all the drivers have talent. If they didn't they sure wouldn't be in this elite group of drivers that drive in the cup series every week.

I wish all 3 of them the best at Richmond.
CDJ

Eddyville, KY

#8 Sep 5, 2008
I didn't mean to imply that you said KK did not deserve to be in the chase. All you have to do is look at articles that have been written the last week. Not very many are even giving him a nod at being able to succeed in making it. That is what makes me mad, they all think he is not worthy of being in the chase, they think his wins were a fluke.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#9 Sep 5, 2008
I like Ragan. He has gone from wrecking 35847564 times a race to actually contending for wins. He seesm like a nice guy, so I would like to see him make it. I don't care for either Booyer or Hammy, so they could both fall out and Ragan and Kasey get in.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#10 Sep 5, 2008
Dew Addict wrote:
I like Ragan. He has gone from wrecking 35847564 times a race to actually contending for wins. He seesm like a nice guy, so I would like to see him make it. I don't care for either Booyer or Hammy, so they could both fall out and Ragan and Kasey get in.
You don't like Bowyer? Why not?

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

#11 Sep 5, 2008
Hamlin out of the chase woudln't tip me at all.

United States

#12 Sep 5, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like Bowyer? Why not?
Because I think that he is a whiny little turd who thinks that he has arrived when in fact he has done virtually nothing in the sport.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#13 Sep 5, 2008
Ouch.

United States

#14 Sep 5, 2008
It's the way I feel about him, sorry if that offends some.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#15 Sep 5, 2008
Is it just me or did topix change to a funky font?

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#16 Sep 5, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
Okay it's not just me! Haha.

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2008
yep, it changed on me as well. It's wierd. Can't tell if I like it or not.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#18 Sep 5, 2008
Kasey Fan Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay it's not just me! Haha.
LOL. I actually like this font

“www.myspace.com/ mandyhottielee”

Since: May 08

Ellijay, GA

#19 Sep 5, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
I think it's groovy.
Got any plans for the weekend?

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#20 Sep 5, 2008
Buschinator wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's groovy.
Got any plans for the weekend?
Nope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ragan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
News David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
News NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
News NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
News NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
News Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
News David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
More from around the web