Edwards gets fourth win

Carl Edwards won the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono Raceway with a gambling pit strategy that he thought would cost him the victory. Full Story
patriotsfan

Villa Park, IL

#1 Aug 4, 2008
What a ending to the race where a lot of cars barely made it on fuel.
kaseysgurl09

Bowling Green, IN

#2 Aug 4, 2008
Yeah, I thought it was pretty exciting! I wish Kasey could have stayed up there to win though, but I'm happy for Carl.=)

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#3 Aug 4, 2008
Last night when I watched Victory Lane, I wondered what was up with Carl and Bob Osbourne? I was sure from the way Bob was acting, that he was going to get caught cheating... but from the post race show repeat I heard this morning, it was that they were both so mad at each other for blaming the other for deciding to stay out when it rained.. so,, what I am getting at on the TS forum is that maybe we need to listen to the other drivers yelling at their crews, before picking apart the 20 teams communication each week. They played Jr bickering with Eury Jr telling him "you did not do anything to fix it, it is as bad as ever..I WANT THIS CAR FIXED.".. now since this was between Jr and his COUSIN, the Sirius guys think it was cute because they are the only ones who can get away with it, being that they are family..I think it is hillarious the double standard for behavior in our sport.

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2008
I am soo glad that Tony and Zippy knew to follow Jeff, Jimmie and Jr down pit road...LOL

United States

#5 Aug 4, 2008
I am SOOOO proud of NASCAR for not calling a phantom debris caution... how strange it was that there was no phantom debris on the track with Jimmie riding in third place......I guess it was because he would have run out of gas and lost even more positions..LOL
marci4tony

Rochester, NY

#6 Aug 4, 2008
I told my dh to "enjoy the Office Depot car" in Victory Lane... Tony may have took second, but I'm getting used to the idea of the Office Depot #14 Chevy there frequently!!

(Smoke wont be doing back-flips, however...)

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2008
wouldn't it be funny if Tony did somersalts in Victory lane next year?
GOFASTERIHEAR BANJOS

Cookeville, TN

#8 Aug 4, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
wouldn't it be funny if Tony did somersalts in Victory lane next year?
He would break his fricking neck if he did! LOL

I thought it was interesting when they had the rain clouds come up and Carl's CC asked him what his opinion was on the rain chances. Since Carl is a pilot he can read the rain clouds better then most people. He must have been right, cause he won.
marci4tony

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 4, 2008
Well heck - I'm a certified weather spotter; wonder if Smoke needs a little extra help?? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ragan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
More from around the web