Hendrick Teammates Dominate Again

Oct 22, 2007 Full story: The Associated Press 42

“And then (Newman) got in there and I knew he was going to be real tough on a short run, too. ... I know he's hungry. He's been working real hard to get back to Victory Lane, so I knew he wasn't going to cut me any slack.”

Jimmie Johnson didn't have the car most suited for restarts, and he found himself in a two-lap sprint against the guy who might have.

In another sign that this may be the year that the teams of Hendrick Motorsports can't be touched, Johnson still came away with the victory Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, his spot in front protected by the last of a race-record 21 caution flags.

'Those last restarts were tough on me,' Johnson said after holding off a stiff challenge by Ryan Newman before being rescued. He earned his third consecutive victory on the 0.526-mile oval, the shortest and trickiest in Nextel Cup racing. Read more

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#54 Oct 24, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let me see? I went to a two day Shrimp boil and Music Fest in Shelbyville Mo. It was kind of a very mini woodstock. Camped on site with several bands and all you could eat and drink. It was a blast! Also worked and played on my buddys' Duck Farm. Worked on duck blinds, rode four wheelers and ate and drank. Also worked on my best friends farm for a few days mowing and cutting wood and drank and ate. Also helped my Pop at his Bar and ate and drank. Oh! Did I mention I did alot of eating and drinking? No, really I had a good time but never did get a Harley like I wanted although I did go and look at some. Still waiting for some bonus money to come and maybe then I'll do it. No hurry now with winter coming. How have things been on here? Seems pretty laid back! Hopefully things on the boat will allow me to get rested up. I need a vacation from my vacation!
Sounds like a good ol' time you had. O the same sh*% different day, the trolls have been @ it,lol Yea talking about bike's it will soon be to cool to ride in the wind. Are you still gonna meet up with us @ DAYTONA ? We have about 5 of us that are suppose to go, have you talked to Angil,or Happy yet? Later dude, stay cool! lol

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#55 Oct 25, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>No, can't say that I do but it is possible he works for the same company as we are based out of Decatur. I actually live in Quincy. Where is Hammond?
Outside of Champaign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ragan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
News David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
News NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
News NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
News NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
News Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
News David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
More from around the web