Hendrick Teammates Dominate Again

Oct 22, 2007 | Posted by: The Associated Press | Full story: The Associated Press

“And then (Newman) got in there and I knew he was going to be real tough on a short run, too. ... I know he's hungry. He's been working real hard to get back to Victory Lane, so I knew he wasn't going to cut me any slack.”

Jimmie Johnson didn't have the car most suited for restarts, and he found himself in a two-lap sprint against the guy who might have.

In another sign that this may be the year that the teams of Hendrick Motorsports can't be touched, Johnson still came away with the victory Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, his spot in front protected by the last of a race-record 21 caution flags.

'Those last restarts were tough on me,' Johnson said after holding off a stiff challenge by Ryan Newman before being rescued. He earned his third consecutive victory on the 0.526-mile oval, the shortest and trickiest in Nextel Cup racing. Read more

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
leo from shanghai

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

congrats 48! dale jr. should skip rest of season and start testing HENDRICK CAR for next season. to clint & carl: GO FOR BROKE!!!! GO CARL #99 & CLINT'S BLACKJACK #07
kiltie19

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Yahooooooooooo ! to Jimmie and his team. They are the ""BEST"" Just a few more races and the cup will be his again.

Go Jimmie !

“Got Lemons? Make lemonade!”

Since: Mar 07

Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

woohoo... go Jimmie!!
Jade

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

kiltie19 wrote:
Yahooooooooooo ! to Jimmie and his team. They are the ""BEST"" Just a few more races and the cup will be his again.
Go Jimmie !
WE WILL SEE...BUT I THINK "THE MAN" THAT DRIVES THE 24 WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET NUMBER 5...WOOHOOOOOO GO JEFF !!!
Scott

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Who is that other guy in the picture?

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Bandwagon jumpers...sad !!!
Lucky-Lady

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

You are one of the best Jimmie. Congratulation's!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Do it to it darlin. Bring it home to mama Baby! Jimmie J rocks. Wahoo!

“How do you spell sketsofranya?”

Since: Aug 07

SLC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your no fun shut your pie hole
ROTFLMAO!!! Don't be too hard on him J48. He knows not what he's done.
Scott

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

So, anyone know who that other guy is in the picture?

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, sounds like a real "close" friend of Tony's, and a fart sniffer too.
Pay no mind dear!!!!...I may not be a huge fan of the to guys,but i do respect them and their fans! I miss "WATCH THE FLAMES" and think of him every time Gordon wins! He is up in heaven getting it done that man!!! I miss him and love him!I hope he says hello to my dad Burton! They call him "red" He looks like Bill Elliot! God bless! silly i know,but you never know right? ;)
cookies-n-cream milk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

hi

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Pay no mind dear!!!!...I may not be a huge fan of the to guys,but i do respect them and their fans! I miss "WATCH THE FLAMES" and think of him every time Gordon wins! He is up in heaven getting it done that man!!! I miss him and love him!I hope he says hello to my dad Burton! They call him "red" He looks like Bill Elliot! God bless! silly i know,but you never know right? ;)
I couldn't resist, he left hisself wide open. Yeah, if you can see down from heaven Flames is one happy man. He'd be burning these forums up talking about Jeff's season. His son has always been a Earnhardt fan but he's really coming around to like Jeff but just won"t admit it yet. I'm hoping Jeff can bring it home. It would really be a tribute to Flames for me.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

cookies-n-cream milk wrote:
hi
thats a great post

“Nothing clean”

Since: Jun 07

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

As long as Jeff keeps the points lead, I don't care who wins the race. Newman's finally showing some stuff of his good old days when he was winning.
dannyocean

Pomaria, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

GIVE ME A BREAK. THE HENDRIX TEAM AS FOR NOW ARE CRY BABIES. DID YOU HEAR THE REMARK FROM JEFFIE BABY SUNDAY. HE TOLD HIS OWN TEAM MATE IN HIS OWN SARACASTIC WAY, THE RUNNING ORDER IS 1, 2 3. OF COURSE MEANING JEFFIE AS 1, JIMMIE AS 2 AND BUSCH AS 3. LOOKS LIKE JEFFIE GOT HIS NUMBER 3 LOL
dannyocean

Pomaria, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

JEFF'S TIME IS LIMITED-JUST WAIT UNTIL ALL THE NEW DRIVERS GET ADJUSTED TO NASCAR. NOTHING LAST FOREVER!
dannyocean

Pomaria, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

The Cry Baby, Mr. Hendrix MotorSports USA, Where is his Tiara?
oh no

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks on of those Hendricks boys will win the chase once again cementing they are 2 of the best drivers. Better yet the 2 best drivers then tony

Since: Mar 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

congrats to the Hendrix team. You have to give them credit for some awesome racing.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent David Ragan Discussions

Search the David Ragan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••