Hendrick Teammates Dominate Again

Hendrick Teammates Dominate Again

There are 41 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Hendrick Teammates Dominate Again . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“And then (Newman) got in there and I knew he was going to be real tough on a short run, too. ... I know he's hungry. He's been working real hard to get back to Victory Lane, so I knew he wasn't going to cut me any slack.”

Jimmie Johnson didn't have the car most suited for restarts, and he found himself in a two-lap sprint against the guy who might have.

In another sign that this may be the year that the teams of Hendrick Motorsports can't be touched, Johnson still came away with the victory Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, his spot in front protected by the last of a race-record 21 caution flags.

'Those last restarts were tough on me,' Johnson said after holding off a stiff challenge by Ryan Newman before being rescued. He earned his third consecutive victory on the 0.526-mile oval, the shortest and trickiest in Nextel Cup racing. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
leo from shanghai

Grain Valley, MO

#1 Oct 22, 2007
congrats 48! dale jr. should skip rest of season and start testing HENDRICK CAR for next season. to clint & carl: GO FOR BROKE!!!! GO CARL #99 & CLINT'S BLACKJACK #07
kiltie19

Saint Albert, Canada

#2 Oct 22, 2007
Yahooooooooooo ! to Jimmie and his team. They are the ""BEST"" Just a few more races and the cup will be his again.

Go Jimmie !

“Got Lemons? Make lemonade!”

Since: Mar 07

Milky Way

#3 Oct 22, 2007
woohoo... go Jimmie!!
Jade

Dayton, OH

#5 Oct 22, 2007
kiltie19 wrote:
Yahooooooooooo ! to Jimmie and his team. They are the ""BEST"" Just a few more races and the cup will be his again.
Go Jimmie !
WE WILL SEE...BUT I THINK "THE MAN" THAT DRIVES THE 24 WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET NUMBER 5...WOOHOOOOOO GO JEFF !!!
Scott

Eau Claire, WI

#6 Oct 22, 2007
Who is that other guy in the picture?

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#7 Oct 22, 2007
Bandwagon jumpers...sad !!!
Lucky-Lady

Glasgow, KY

#8 Oct 22, 2007
You are one of the best Jimmie. Congratulation's!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#9 Oct 22, 2007
Do it to it darlin. Bring it home to mama Baby! Jimmie J rocks. Wahoo!

“How do you spell sketsofranya?”

Since: Aug 07

SLC

#19 Oct 22, 2007
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your no fun shut your pie hole
ROTFLMAO!!! Don't be too hard on him J48. He knows not what he's done.
Scott

Eau Claire, WI

#21 Oct 22, 2007
So, anyone know who that other guy is in the picture?

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#22 Oct 22, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, sounds like a real "close" friend of Tony's, and a fart sniffer too.
Pay no mind dear!!!!...I may not be a huge fan of the to guys,but i do respect them and their fans! I miss "WATCH THE FLAMES" and think of him every time Gordon wins! He is up in heaven getting it done that man!!! I miss him and love him!I hope he says hello to my dad Burton! They call him "red" He looks like Bill Elliot! God bless! silly i know,but you never know right? ;)
cookies-n-cream milk

United States

#25 Oct 23, 2007
hi

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#26 Oct 23, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Pay no mind dear!!!!...I may not be a huge fan of the to guys,but i do respect them and their fans! I miss "WATCH THE FLAMES" and think of him every time Gordon wins! He is up in heaven getting it done that man!!! I miss him and love him!I hope he says hello to my dad Burton! They call him "red" He looks like Bill Elliot! God bless! silly i know,but you never know right? ;)
I couldn't resist, he left hisself wide open. Yeah, if you can see down from heaven Flames is one happy man. He'd be burning these forums up talking about Jeff's season. His son has always been a Earnhardt fan but he's really coming around to like Jeff but just won"t admit it yet. I'm hoping Jeff can bring it home. It would really be a tribute to Flames for me.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#27 Oct 23, 2007
cookies-n-cream milk wrote:
hi
thats a great post

“Nothing clean”

Since: Jun 07

Palm Bay, FL

#28 Oct 23, 2007
As long as Jeff keeps the points lead, I don't care who wins the race. Newman's finally showing some stuff of his good old days when he was winning.
dannyocean

United States

#29 Oct 23, 2007
GIVE ME A BREAK. THE HENDRIX TEAM AS FOR NOW ARE CRY BABIES. DID YOU HEAR THE REMARK FROM JEFFIE BABY SUNDAY. HE TOLD HIS OWN TEAM MATE IN HIS OWN SARACASTIC WAY, THE RUNNING ORDER IS 1, 2 3. OF COURSE MEANING JEFFIE AS 1, JIMMIE AS 2 AND BUSCH AS 3. LOOKS LIKE JEFFIE GOT HIS NUMBER 3 LOL
dannyocean

United States

#30 Oct 23, 2007
JEFF'S TIME IS LIMITED-JUST WAIT UNTIL ALL THE NEW DRIVERS GET ADJUSTED TO NASCAR. NOTHING LAST FOREVER!
dannyocean

United States

#31 Oct 23, 2007
The Cry Baby, Mr. Hendrix MotorSports USA, Where is his Tiara?

Since: Mar 07

Atlanta

#33 Oct 23, 2007
congrats to the Hendrix team. You have to give them credit for some awesome racing.....

“What it is yo???”

Since: Aug 07

Springfield,Tn

#34 Oct 23, 2007
I have never been much of a Jimmie or Jeff fan but you gotta give it to the team they are doing GREAT this season..And I will have to learn to love them since my favorite driver will be driving with them next year. Hendricks has a great team and adding junior will make them even better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ragan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
News David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
News NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
News NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
News NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
News Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
News David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
More from around the web