Driver Review: Paul Menard

Dec 22, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Frontstretch

Driver Review: Paul Menard Paul Menard 2007 Ride: No. 15 Ginn Racing / Dale Earnhardt, Inc. via The Frontstretch

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

So, its NOT D.E.I. no more.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

fan of all wrote:
Reads like it's GRDEI or DEIGR. Who knows. Very sad though. Unless it all just becomes DEI.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reads like it's GRDEI or DEIGR. Who knows. Very sad though. Unless it all just becomes DEI.
Hey Lilbit88 - how ya doin?

I had to read that several times before I actually realized that its now DEI/Ginn. I don't think thats what Dale Sr had in mind - EVER!

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the up coming 08 season. I am anxious to see if engines blow up as much in 08 as they did in 07!
Les2

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

fan of all wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lilbit88 - how ya doin?
I had to read that several times before I actually realized that its now DEI/Ginn. I don't think thats what Dale Sr had in mind - EVER!
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the up coming 08 season. I am anxious to see if engines blow up as much in 08 as they did in 07!
Actually its Ginn/DEI...i thought Ginn just sold out to DEI and did away with Ginn altogether?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

Les2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually its Ginn/DEI...i thought Ginn just sold out to DEI and did away with Ginn altogether?
I am really confused!!!! Maybe its a boo boo by the paper.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

fan of all wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lilbit88 - how ya doin?
I don't think that's what Dale Sr had in mind either. I think it's just very unfortunate.
Take Care
Merry Christmas
Dalesgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

We are all confused about what happened. Maybe it will have a happy ending.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

Ginn desolved when DEI bought it hence gaining Martin it's dei they just own the now gone Ginn racing. It actually was announced at the end of the season.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginn_Racing

Mark Martin said walking into DEI was like walking into a candy shop as a kid, he's honored to drive for DEI and it's a win/win for him. He's even going to do some Busch races. He was semi retired, he still wont run some races but he's doing some busch ones. I'd love to see Mark make a comeback.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

Lets go racing wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G inn_Racing
Mark Martin said walking into DEI was like walking into a candy shop as a kid, he's honored to drive for DEI and it's a win/win for him. He's even going to do some Busch races. He was semi retired, he still wont run some races but he's doing some busch ones. I'd love to see Mark make a comeback.
I have his 01 Army car - the Ginn car. I got that for more reasons than just cause I like Mark! I got it for Huny as he's a 20 year Army Vet!

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

Lets go racing wrote:
Ginn desolved when DEI bought it hence gaining Martin it's dei they just own the now gone Ginn racing. It actually was announced at the end of the season.
OK - that makes more sence to me. I had not seen it called DEI/Ginn until I read that article.

I was getting kinda sad that DEI was no more - NOT YET!

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's what Dale Sr had in mind either. I think it's just very unfortunate.
Take Care
Merry Christmas
Merry Happy Christmas Holidays back to you too!!!!

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

fan of all wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - that makes more sence to me. I had not seen it called DEI/Ginn until I read that article.
I was getting kinda sad that DEI was no more - NOT YET!
I think Ginn was in bad financial shape until DEI came in. They could have an ownership very "small" still but I think they just tried to hang on looking out for their drivers. Heck Martin is happy :)
Les2

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>I think Ginn was in bad financial shape until DEI came in. They could have an ownership very "small" still but I think they just tried to hang on looking out for their drivers. Heck Martin is happy :)
Your right don't you remember when they was doing this merger and Joe and Sterling wasn't or didn't get paid? Some others didn't get their money either

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

Les2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right don't you remember when they was doing this merger and Joe and Sterling wasn't or didn't get paid? Some others didn't get their money either
That sucks
Dalesgirl

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Les2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought happened.
DEI Gas

Fillmore, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Well it might become DEI/John Menard racinglllsince teresa and John are dating.been for about 2 years now

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Paul seems like a very nice person but I really believe he is in way over his head in Cup competition. One Busch win in five seasons and thirty fourth in Cup points and only that high because of the Ginn Racing buyout isn't exactly a barn burning display of talent. Some people say he is here only because of his father's money, I don't know but his sophomore year must be better than his freshman year or I will know for sure I'm correct.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

What a freakin mess! I guarantee this is not what Dale Senior envisioned! He is rolling over in his grave. Teresa shouldn't be able to go to his grave site without a tear in her eye for what she let happen to DEI!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Hasn't been since Feb 2001...
fan of all wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent David Ragan Discussions

Search the David Ragan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••