Johnson charges into Chase for title

Johnson charges into Chase for title

There are 17 comments on the Journal Gazette story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Johnson charges into Chase for title. In it, Journal Gazette reports that:

Jimmie Johnson has momentum on his side and history in sight. Nevermind that Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards dominated the regular season, the Chase is Johnson's time of the year and the two-time defending NASCAR ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Gazette.

the people have spoken

New Philadelphia, OH

#1 Sep 9, 2008
It's jimmie J.s time of year but go #9 kasey kahne

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#2 Sep 9, 2008
HMS is taking home the championship. At this point I don't care which one of the three gets it. I would prefer Jeff but it really looks like a 3 peat for Jimmy. As a last resort, anyone in the chase except Shrub. I'd rather have a sister working in a whore house than a brother that was a Kyle Busch fan.
Snow

United States

#3 Sep 9, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
HMS is taking home the championship. At this point I don't care which one of the three gets it. I would prefer Jeff but it really looks like a 3 peat for Jimmy. As a last resort, anyone in the chase except Shrub. I'd rather have a sister working in a whore house than a brother that was a Kyle Busch fan.
Thats a good one. I about fell out of my chair laughing. I am with you GO HMS......

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Sep 9, 2008
the people have spoken wrote:
It's jimmie J.s time of year but go #9 kasey kahne
Kasey needs to find a Chevy to drive. I did not see any dodges in the chase.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#6 Sep 9, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
That is funny!!!!!! But I agree with you. Go HMS!!!!!! I would prefer Junior, of course, but if it were Jeff or Jimmie that would be fine as well.

United States

#7 Sep 9, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>
Kasey needs to find a Chevy to drive. I did not see any dodges in the chase.
My sis is a Kasey fan and my dad has been telling her that for like three or four years now. "You put that boy in a Chevy and he could do soemthing!"

Location hidden

#8 Sep 9, 2008
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
My sis is a Kasey fan and my dad has been telling her that for like three or four years now. "You put that boy in a Chevy and he could do soemthing!"
I agree . I don't know whats going on in Ray's camp. Hear now he is suing Robby Gordon. I guess he is trying to get his divorce money back lol I hate that Kasey failed to
make the chase.
GETALIFE

United States

#9 Sep 10, 2008
I would love to see any of the HMS cars win but at this point it's anybody BUT Bush. I do have a feeling it will be a three time for Johnson.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

yes we can*health reform**

#10 Sep 10, 2008
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a good one. I about fell out of my chair laughing. I am with you GO HMS......
i second that idea.
go hms.
Jim

Berlin, NH

#11 Sep 10, 2008
I'm not sure why you all think that someone from HMS will win the championship, other than the fact you hope they will.

If you look at averages and wins, three out of the four teams are close, so it could be anyones to win.

Team - Average between the 3 drivers - wins between the 3 drivers.

JGR - 5 - 9 (KB has 8)

HMS - 6 - 5 (JJ has 4)

RFR - 8 - 6 (CE has 6)

RCR - 8 - 2

As the year is going it looks like a race between KB, CE and JJ but take a look at last year.

CB started 12th and finished 3rd.

So no one is really out of it.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#12 Sep 10, 2008
Jim wrote:
I'm not sure why you all think that someone from HMS will win the championship, other than the fact you hope they will.
If you look at averages and wins, three out of the four teams are close, so it could be anyones to win.
JGR - 5 - 9 (KB has 8)
HMS - 6 - 5 (JJ has 4)
RFR - 8 - 6 (CE has 6)
RCR - 8 - 2
As the year is going it looks like a race between KB, CE and JJ but take a look at last year.
Well, I do think JJ will win it, but you're right anyone can win it.

“SEMPER FIDELIS”

Sallisaw OK

#13 Sep 10, 2008
Kasey is my wifes fav driver too. Dodge just sux anyway. MOPAR stands for Moments Of Power Are Rare. LOL Yeah would be nice to see him in a Chevy. I think it was last years race that he said Dodge sux. I really thought that he was gonna get fired for that. But.... Who knows.
kiltie19

Baie-comeau, Canada

#14 Sep 10, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Ha .. Now this is a great comment .. I love it !

United States

#15 Sep 10, 2008
Jr Rocks wrote:
Kasey is my wifes fav driver too. Dodge just sux anyway. MOPAR stands for Moments Of Power Are Rare. LOL Yeah would be nice to see him in a Chevy. I think it was last years race that he said Dodge sux. I really thought that he was gonna get fired for that. But.... Who knows.
Moments of power are rare!!!!!!!! I love that!!!!! I will have to tell that to my sister. I bet she'll find it funny.
Jim

Berlin, NH

#16 Sep 10, 2008
I don't think it's Dodge so much as it is who drives them.

GEM - KK, ES, PC

RP - BL, KP

CG - JPM, DF, RS

ROBBY G - RG

PENSKE - RN, KB, SHJ

That's not what I call a stella group of drivers
Junior Nation

United States

#17 Sep 10, 2008
Jim wrote:
JGR - 5 - 9 (KB has 8)
HMS - 6 - 5 (JJ has 4)
RFR - 8 - 6 (CE has 6)
RCR - 8 - 2
You are right. It's anyone's game. All it takes if for 1 of the drivers to have a little more luck than the other 11. They are all decent drivers in decent equipment with decent crews so as far as I'm concerned it's going to boil down to who has the best luck.

“SEMPER FIDELIS”

Sallisaw OK

#18 Sep 10, 2008
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Moments of power are rare!!!!!!!! I love that!!!!! I will have to tell that to my sister. I bet she'll find it funny.
Yer welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ragan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
News David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
News NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
News NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
News NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
News Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
News David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
More from around the web