How did David Ragan's debut go? Depen...

How did David Ragan's debut go? Depends on where you were sitting

There are 23 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Oct 22, 2006, titled How did David Ragan's debut go? Depends on where you were sitting. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

David Ragan thought his Nextel Cup Series debut at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday went pretty well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ricky

Holly Springs, NC

#1 Oct 23, 2006
it went better than wally dallenback debut. dallenback needs to shut his big no driving mouth.wally has never ran up front, he cant drive
snow

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2006
ricky wrote:
it went better than wally dallenback debut. dallenback needs to shut his big no driving mouth.wally has never ran up front, he cant drive
David needs to ask the drivers he wiped out. I believe they have a different story........
nitrofish

Marietta, GA

#3 Oct 23, 2006
don't take wally's comments to hard, he is just another journalist. he has no concept of how hard it is and what it really takes to make it in racing. if he did know, he would be paid for doing it instead of talking about it.
Eat2surf

San Jose, CA

#5 Oct 24, 2006
He ain't close.. he's good for a show.. he wrecks at least 25% of the time.. 100% of cup.. he doesn't know how to get outta the way.. when he learns that he can play.
nitrofish

Paradise, TX

#7 Oct 24, 2006
RCR DEI Fan wrote:
David Ragan is not the right guy to fill the six car, i felt the only guy who i thought Roush could get that would have been perfect who's already under contract for Ford is Jon Wood, although he's the future of the 21 car, but i think a better career move for him would be in the 6 car but family comes first, example being Dale Jr. Ragan is too inexperienced, but Roush just got put in a box. He had tapped Edwards to replace Mark but had to replace Jeff Burton when he split to RCR, then he stole McMurray from Ganassi to replace Mark, but had to have him replace Kurt Busch so Roush just got put in a box. As far as Wally Dallenback, he needs to be fired, i was hoping when NBC lost their contract to do races after this year, he'd be out the door in the unemployment line, but he'll be back with TNT, but at least there wont be as much of him anymore. I dont understand why he was hired anyway, he's never won a race so why have a guy who cant win one be analyzing them? Besides, all he and Benny Parsons do is try to get Nascar to black flag drivers and ruin their chances such as what they did to Burton this weekend with his hood problem or even with Jr at Talledaga sayin that he was bump drafting in the corners. They are tryin to ruin a guys chances at winnin a championship and doin shitty job at what they were hired to do, announce the race. A bunch of overpaid smartasses is all they are. Oh well, at least there wont be so much of them next year!
correct me if im wrong, but didnt roush fire jeff burton and jon wood for poor performance
Nannie

Auburn Hills, MI

#8 Oct 25, 2006
nitrofish wrote:
<quoted text>
correct me if im wrong, but didnt roush fire jeff burton and jon wood for poor performance
You are wrong. Jeff Burton left to go to Childress racing and as far as I know Jon Wood has never drove for Roush. He drives for the Wood brothers, one of which is his father.
snow

United States

#9 Oct 25, 2006
Nannie wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. Jeff Burton left to go to Childress racing and as far as I know Jon Wood has never drove for Roush. He drives for the Wood brothers, one of which is his father.
John wood drove the #50 truck for Roush.
He did good in the truck series.........
Nannie

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 Oct 25, 2006
snow wrote:
<quoted text> John wood drove the #50 truck for Roush.
He did good in the truck series.........
Yes I had forgotton about that.
1badmk8

Superior, WI

#12 Oct 25, 2006
It was Ragan's first full race and at a one groove short track......there was a red #8 that wiped out, heck alot of veterans wiped out, it's a tough track......He's just lucky Schrader didn't give him the business end of that pipe......
Chris

Superior, WI

#13 Oct 25, 2006
Martinsville can be a bitch. Good thing Schrader's cardboard cut-out wan't driving.
snow

United States

#14 Oct 25, 2006
1badmk8 wrote:
It was Ragan's first full race and at a one groove short track......there was a red #8 that wiped out, heck alot of veterans wiped out, it's a tough track......He's just lucky Schrader didn't give him the business end of that pipe......
No Ragan drove at Darlington had 2 wrecks finished 42......I guess you still he right did not finish that full race......Pleas don't remind me
about a wipe out.......
snow

United States

#15 Oct 25, 2006
Chris wrote:
Martinsville can be a bitch. Good thing Schrader's cardboard cut-out wan't driving.
It was nibbling on little debbie.....
nitrofish

Paradise, TX

#16 Oct 25, 2006
snow wrote:
<quoted text>No Ragan drove at Darlington had 2 wrecks finished 42......I guess you still he right did not finish that full race......Pleas don't remind me
about a wipe out.......
that was dover, not darlington. and his first wreck was because schrader ran into the back of him
snow

United States

#17 Oct 26, 2006
nitrofish wrote:
<quoted text>
that was dover, not darlington. and his first wreck was because schrader ran into the back of him
Your right it was dover. I had a a bad yesterday. So does this mean schrader had it coming to him at Martinsville???/. I have so much going on its hard for me to keep up......
1badmk8

Superior, WI

#18 Oct 26, 2006
snow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right it was dover. I had a a bad yesterday. So does this mean schrader had it coming to him at Martinsville???/. I have so much going on its hard for me to keep up......
I think Schrader said there was a little history between the two of them......What a strange rivalry.....
anderson 24

United States

#19 Oct 26, 2006
1badmk8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Schrader said there was a little history between the two of them......What a strange rivalry.....
dont know how their could be ragan is just starting out ,,,go figure...
1badmk8

Superior, WI

#20 Oct 26, 2006
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>dont know how their could be ragan is just starting out ,,,go figure...
His first two races and he tangles with the same guy.......and Schrader of all people, he's gotta be the nicest, easiest going driver out there.....oh well a little spice will live'n things up a bit......
snow

United States

#21 Oct 26, 2006
1badmk8 wrote:
<quoted text>
His first two races and he tangles with the same guy.......and Schrader of all people, he's gotta be the nicest, easiest going driver out there.....oh well a little spice will live'n things up a bit......
Roush don't have him running any races this weekend......Maybe he's home eatings Little Debbies.
snow

United States

#22 Oct 26, 2006
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>dont know how their could be ragan is just starting out ,,,go figure...
It started at Dover.
nitrofish

Paradise, TX

#23 Oct 26, 2006
i wouldnt think it is a rivalry, maybe just one of them racin things. it will blow over eventually

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ragan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott Wins 46th Annual Snowball Derby, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 3
News David Ragan steals last-lap victory at Talladega (May '13) May '13 barr 2
News NASCAR driver visits Greenville hospital (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hilton Head 1
News NASCAR Stars David Ragan And Kyle Busch Headlin... (Jan '12) Feb '12 whatever 3
News NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
News Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
News David Ragan wins pole at Indianapolis (Jul '11) Jul '11 Gomer 1
More from around the web